• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have one for now

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Reverting once again to VP’s original reason for creating this thread these are 3 songs that reflect love, life and loss.

For me, music is all about traveling - a journey of discovery, a flight uplifting, a trail of beauty. Whether this is by classical music, folk, rock (rare but possible), folk-rock, pretty much anything that isn’t 3 minute dance-along at the disco/rave, headbanging heavy metal and stuff like that but I’ll cheerfully admit to having some heavy metal stuff in my collection. Nothing disco/rave though as I don’t dance so it would be pointless.

Anyway. Just arrived at Kate and Anna McGarrigle in my digitising odyssey and all 3 of what follows come from their Heartbeats Accelerating album and are about the opening sentence above. As far as the traveling goes here I think the kindest that could be said is that this a very much melancholy journey so be warned.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Jabod - 24 June 2022 06:05 AM

Reverting once again to VP’s original reason for creating this thread these are 3 songs that reflect love, life and loss.

For me, music is all about traveling - a journey of discovery, a flight uplifting, a trail of beauty. Whether this is by classical music, folk, rock (rare but possible), folk-rock, pretty much anything that isn’t 3 minute dance-along at the disco/rave, headbanging heavy metal and stuff like that but I’ll cheerfully admit to having some heavy metal stuff in my collection. Nothing disco/rave though as I don’t dance so it would be pointless.

Anyway. Just arrived at Kate and Anna McGarrigle in my digitising odyssey and all 3 of what follows come from their Heartbeats Accelerating album and are about the opening sentence above. As far as the traveling goes here I think the kindest that could be said is that this a very much melancholy journey so be warned.

Heart

The songs are beautiful.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jabod,
“Leave Me Be” is a real gut wrencher, but thanks for sharing those three.  It’s the first I’ve heard them.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

One of those women on the cover (not sure whether it’s Kate or Anna) looks remarkably like someone I know. Bizarre…

Alright time to give this a go.

First up is some traditional Andean music, chosen because it was my birthday recently and I got gifted a ukulele. I’ll have to learn because I’ve only really played guitar before but I’m looking forward to playing it.

I’ve also been playing my piano more after a long hiatus, and Schumann has been something I’ve wanted to learn and play for a while, so I’ve started with some excerpts from Kinderszenen.

Lastly, Melanie Safka was a discovery a close friend let me to and I was amazed I hadn’t heard of her. I find many of her songs and singing so naturally expressive, full of hope and reminiscent of the Woodstock era.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Just a quick note to Charophycean as I don’t have time to listen to his 3 at the moment but, for info, Melanie Safka is better known in the UK and the US (probably elsewhere) as just Melanie. Two major hits in the UK being Brand New key, reworked by The Wurzels in the UK as I’ve Got A Brand New Harvester and What have They Done To My Song, Ma?. There’s probably other stuff as well but that’s all I can recall off the top of my head Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Charophycean nice! cool present too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top