• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy rain directors cut

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Played the DC demo, the game is indeed improved in the Directors Cut. Oddly, it disappeared from Steam and when it did, my demo copy on my computer stopped working. Sad.

Good thing I played it when I did, it made me look forward to the games release.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

The demo is not permanent, they just enable it for certain events and things like that.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 26 September 2021 12:21 AM

Hi!

The demo is not permanent, they just enable it for certain events and things like that.

I’d make the demo permanent. Just saying. It helps show the improvements made in the directors cut and the added gaming material. They should at least allow you to keep playing it if you’ve down loaded it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think that those of us who have played the game, and have received the author’s opinions to our ending complaints, don’t really need to play the DC demo. He said he was going o correct most of the things we brought up, and I take him at his word.

My only problem is that we’re not playing a flash playthrough right now.

I know AL is waiting for the next CPT voting cycle. But, to the best of my knowledge, no game has won a CPT vote based on there being an updated version of the original game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

In Spain we use to say there’s always a first time for everything. I am sure this one will be the one.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 26 September 2021 09:16 PM

I think that those of us who have played the game, and have received the author’s opinions to our ending complaints, don’t really need to play the DC demo. He said he was going o correct most of the things we brought up, and I take him at his word.

My only problem is that we’re not playing a flash playthrough right now.

I know AL is waiting for the next CPT voting cycle. But, to the best of my knowledge, no game has won a CPT vote based on there being an updated version of the original game.

There is a slim chance the DC drops when we are voting on a new CPT. If that does not happen and result in a win, I’ll run a new unofficial thread. We don’t really need an official Kathy Rain DC CPT thread.

Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thumbs Up

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Hey all, sorry about the radio silence! We’ve been super swamped with polishing up the game for launch.

I would LOVE to participate in another community playthrough, either an official or unofficial one. You can all count on me tagging along if that happens Smile

In other news, we just announced a release date, October 26, for ALL of these platforms:

🔹 Windows/Mac/Linux (Steam, GOG.com)
🔹 Mobile (iOS + Android)
🔹 Nintendo Switch!

New trailer too!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I loved the original version & very much looking forward to your DC version Krusbert   Smile

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

^I second that!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I know it’s in this thread somewhere, but I’m just not up to doing a search right now. Is there a discount available to those who already purchased the original game? Really looking forward to the DC. While there are several things I want to see, I’m most intrigued by the revised ending. I won’t say there were arguments, but there was a fair amount of “heated discussion” regarding several things. I posited that I thought Kathy should have told the mother how her daughter died. Several thought that would be pouring salt on the wound.

Anyway, curious about the availability of a discount, although I will play it regardless. I’m sure there are more, but the only other example I can think of is Scratches DC. But that was in a different era when you bought the hard copy of the game in a store, rather than downloading it from a streaming service.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

rtrooney - 07 October 2021 07:09 PM

I know it’s in this thread somewhere, but I’m just not up to doing a search right now. Is there a discount available to those who already purchased the original game? Really looking forward to the DC. While there are several things I want to see, I’m most intrigued by the revised ending. I won’t say there were arguments, but there was a fair amount of “heated discussion” regarding several things. I posited that I thought Kathy should have told the mother how her daughter died. Several thought that would be pouring salt on the wound.

Anyway, curious about the availability of a discount, although I will play it regardless. I’m sure there are more, but the only other example I can think of is Scratches DC. But that was in a different era when you bought the hard copy of the game in a store, rather than downloading it from a streaming service.

Everyone who owns the existing game on PC will get a -50% discount when they purchase the Director’s Cut!  Thumbs Up This is permanent and combines with any other offers too, like a launch discount.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Glad to hear that there’s an IOS version, Kathy Rain was a joy to play on an iPad. Just in time for Halloween. There could be a new CPT vote around this time, I’m watching the situation as it develops.

Heart

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I own Kathy Rain, but I haven’t played it. Is it recommended to play the original before DC?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You don’t have to. The DC version is the superior one.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top