• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

List of FMV adventures and interactive movies

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Isis (1994)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

That’s a very early one. Where do you find these oldies, diego.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I have a good memory for some things and bad for others. FMV games, for instance, stick in my brain for a long time, and while I’ve never played “Isis,” I’ve seen it mentioned in some places. It’s a rather curious title.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2024 02:21 PM

If you want early ones, you should reconsider accepting Japanese games. They had a lot of FMV stuff available before other countries/continents.

For example, let’s look at J.B. Harold: Blue Chicago Blues that was originally released in 1994 for LaserActive, but has since been released for other platforms, also in other countries.

It is a bit special case, because the cast is actually all foreign (as in not Japanese) actors.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Not an adventure game but I beat mad dog McCree at least 50 times in my life

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Hi Karlok.
Your list is both useful and exhaustive.
Do you have it in a searchable spreadsheet you could send to me?
I could then go through my collection more easily to check if there’s anything I have that’s not listed. Perhaps none. Perhaps one or two.
A spreadsheet would be ideal. If not, I’ll try my best anyway. But it’ll be more fiddly.
Is Time Warrior listed? And Man Enough?

Live your wildest dreams;
Take a leap, or climb, run or fly.
You may fall;
But anything is better than falling .. standing still.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry Gabriel, I don’t do spreadsheets. I have a couple of Word documents with lists and other game stuff. Every once in a while I add a game to a list, that’s basically it. Not very organised.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Gabriel - 10 January 2024 08:45 PM

Hi Karlok.
Your list is both useful and exhaustive.
Do you have it in a searchable spreadsheet you could send to me?

You can create that yourself.
It takes less than 10 seconds.

Depending on what spreadsheet software/version/language/mods you are using, the menus and commands can have different names, but here’s how to do it:

1. Copy and paste Karlok’s data (only game names) to cell A1
2. While A1 is selected, do Data -> Text to columns
3. Select row 1 and cut it
4. Do Edit -> Paste special -> Transpose
5. Format as you like, if there are things like leading spaces, use some way to remove them, probably takes only few seconds to do it manually, as there aren’t thousands of rows, but some trim functions or conditional pasting should also do it for you.

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Okay

Karlok - 11 January 2024 01:04 AM

Sorry Gabriel, I don’t do spreadsheets. I have a couple of Word documents with lists and other game stuff. Every once in a while I add a game to a list, that’s basically it. Not very organised.

You may fall;

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Also, Karlok, I gave you two games, if not already in your list. I cant see them there. But then I’m old and focus not so good.

Karlok - 11 January 2024 01:04 AM

You may fall;

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

Thanks Gatekeeper. I’ll see if I can manage this. 🙂 If karlok still wants potential additions.

You may fall;

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2024 02:21 PM

I have Isis in its original box here somewhere but have never played it. It’s supposed to have music from Earth, Wind & Fire in it iirc.

Edit: I don’t see Beyond Time on the list. That was partly FMV I think. It was called Shadow of the Obelisk here in Europe.

Edit 2:

Karlok - 09 January 2024 06:20 PM

Sorry Gatekeeper, but I draw the line at freeware, unreleased games, and Asian games.

Even if it doesn’t qualify for the list, have you played 428: Shibuya Scramble? One of the best FMV/interactive movies I’ve played. https://store.steampowered.com/app/648580/428_Shibuya_Scramble/

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I was busy with real life today, but all the games mentioned have now been added. I will probably add Gatekeeper’s games after all. I don’t think it was fair the exclude them.

Joined 2019-02-12

PM

How about .. ?

Are You Afraid of the Dark? The Tale of Orpheo’s Curse
Net:Zone
The Crystal Skull
Astronomica: The Quest for the Edge of the Universe
Commander Blood

You may fall;

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Five more games added. The only one I’ve played The Crystal Skull. How could I forget to put it on the list! I had fun with that one, although I wouldn’t call it a very good game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top