• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

If Ever

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If ever there should have been an option to comment on a post, Jack’s retirement would have been it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Well I’m surprised that nobody has created yet a forum thread for Jack’s goodbye post. The community on the forums is quite active. I’m pretty sure many of you wrote him a PM or will do, but still, usually on most gaming sites people like to celebrate together the good things that happened thanks to the hard work of a journalist, redactor, or in that case editor in chief. For many reasons, Adventure Gamers is still alive today thanks to him, while I have seen many other sites disapearing or becoming the shadow of what they used to be. I have no doubt that together the team of AG will continue to work hard with passion, and -I hope- will stay united and strong, but can I say that as a very small indie dev I am worried after this departure? Without such quality content on AG, what would remain of the golden era of adventure games? How would people be informed of the new releases? I mean yes, you will still hear about AA or AAA games in the general gaming press, lost among many other games of various genres. But does it mean that we, as small indie devs, who have not found a place to be heard except AG, are condemned to release our games in silence and in the most total indifference? Maybe my vision is biased because I’m not only a part of this community but also a long-time indie developer now, and I know how hard it is… Well, I don’t know what to think since I saw the article yesterday evening, but I’m a bit sad for the moment and nobody else reacted publicly. The period is already bad, with many issues in the world. I hope AG will continue to be great and that Jack will be able to enjoy a new life. Take care everyone.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Many of us knew Jack was leaving, but we were waiting for him to announce it.  The farewell thread is in the Adv. Games section.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes I saw it this morning, thank you Lady Kestrel. Happy Easter to all!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top