• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The photo thread

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Beautiful pictures Jelena! Did you buy a new camera?

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 19 January 2013 02:02 PM

Beautiful pictures Jelena! Did you buy a new camera?

Thanks tsa! Smile
I haven’t bought a camera yet. I’m borrowing an Olympus E-450 from a friend who’s not using it much. This way I’ll be able to learn and practise before deciding where to put my money.  A good camera is expensive imo and I woudn’t want to get anything I might not like in the long run.
It’s a lot to learn and I’m mostly totally confused, but I’m eager to learn and I’m enjoying myself.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

(Edit: Well, the links don’t work because this damn new forum messes the code in them (the changes the space code into an actual space) but at least the pics work)

Pictures from my walk on Sunday. At this place I thought it’d be a perfect setting for a Skyrim (fan) film Grin I’ve been here countless times, but rarely on winter, especially with such deep snow. Coming from the bottom:

That’s a bear statue covered in snow in that “cave”. The stairway leads up above to the cliff with 200-300 steps (I can’t remember how much anymore).

Another pic (with one of the little landings, too)

The stairs are of course completely covered in snow, which made it an interesting hike up there (at the steepest parts you basically had to drag yourself by the rail, but it was kinda fun) Grin

The view from above:

Another pic

Another

And to top the whole Skyrim feel, there’s also this tower at the top:

And there’s a couple more in the gallery. The park is definitely one of my favorite places… anywhere, really Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Beautiful with all those pine trees! I have no idea about the game you’re talking about, but it’s always a lot of fun to visit places that resemble places in games. Can you give a Google Maps link that shows where it is? Google has an option to make it a short link. Maybe that works.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow. Thumbs Up
I used to visit places like that. Then I took an arrow in the knee… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Oww that must hurt! One of the many nurses I’ve seen in my life tried four times to get something out of my knee with a thick needle to find out whether I had gout or not. You can really be in your own world of pain. Nothing else exists for you then. Not something I’d recommend Wink.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 12 February 2013 02:57 PM

Oww that must hurt! One of the many nurses I’ve seen in my life tried four times to get something out of my knee with a thick needle to find out whether I had gout or not. You can really be in your own world of pain. Nothing else exists for you then. Not something I’d recommend Wink.

Hehe. There’s nothing wrong with my knee. You just missed a Skyrim reference… Grin

Know your memes! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Haha, we can see you’ve not heard about Skyrim Grin But Skyrim, as in Elder Scrolls V - one of the biggest, most spoken about games of 2012 (well, it was released 11/11/11). The “arrow in the knee” jokes were everywhere (it’s a comment in the game)... The ad campaign was so massive, we even had ads for it in trams here in Helsinki.

Anyway, here’s a link:
http://goo.gl/maps/fJhty
Hope it works Smile

If it opens in that picture like it does for me, as you well know you can get the map bigger from the tiny map preview in the bottom corner. And, you know, to get an idea where you are zoom out Wink Haha, yay for overexplaining… Anyway, no Street View in the immediate vicinity.

(Edit): Oh, and of course, the town is Hämeenlinna, my home town. I’ve shown pictures before, too. If anyone remembers the castle by the river for example.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Upsie
The pictures are beautiful. I’ll check out the other you linked to later on. Just wanted to say that I admire your skills as a photographer.

Lazy Bee

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh my, thank you so much! Smile

Oh, and for the other pictures, the links don’t work because the forum code changes the % 20 in the link into a space, which of course breaks the link. So, in fact here:

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/Paunci/AG resized 

Copy that, and into the part with the space, put % and then 20 (without any spaces, of course) and it should work.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The tower is certainly Skyrim worthy.

I need somwhere to store all my Cabbages.

I’m going to play it now and listen to some malufenix

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Some pictures from last weekend when I tried out my new camera for the first time. It’s a Sony Alpha 37. All the pictures are cropped due to the stupid forum. *pouts*

Lazy Bee

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, amazing colours and contrast! Thumbs Up
That’s one hell of a new toy you got there! Gasp

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Nice pics Jelena! I would put the trees a bit to the side next time though. In that way you can see what is behind the trees.
You can resize the pics with a photoeditor like The Gimp. It runs on all platforms, takes some getting used to but it’s quite simple to adjust the colors, brightness and contrast with it, as well as resize pictures. If you want I can help you with it.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

This is what the pics look like when you can see the entire picture:

But I really would like to be able to post bigger versions. I guess I can resize the pictures in Photofiltre but it annoys me that I need to do that. In the ‘old forum’ it worked without having to resize and adjust.

Lazy Bee

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top