• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Elden Ring does it match the hype?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I didn’t see a thread after a quick search so thought to make one.

So…

So I am 86 hrs in, lvl 80 and pretty certain I am just about half way through still more maps to find! It’s my first real playthrough of a fromsoft game as only briefly played dark souls remastered.

As an introduction to action an RPG it’s takes a moment getting used to the amount of options and gameplay. It reminds me of dungeons and dragons on Amiga from memory many years ago, or everquest etc…with a big fantasy quest with warriors, mages, palladins etc. George r Martin apparently helped but that’s not always good considering how GoT ended.

All that said this game while difficult, always has something new to offer, new strategy to try out some hidden sceret you’re rewarded for, it’s just not for those who like things to come easy.

It really has been one of the most engrossing games I’ve played since monkey Island, half life, Deus ex, broken sword for me as a kid playing all types of games growing up. It’s been a long while a new title seems to be as good as they say for me ...pleasently surprised and recommend those to check it out if you can and have 100 + hrs that you want to invest in a game.

The only downside is coop is querky at times and so is understanding the invading etc. But its something you can research and learn as you go a long. The more you able to bring in the game adds to the experience. Especially just helping random people out to help them progress.

Sadly not cross play but available on all platforms as far as I amware just not running well on switch or Xbox on. Pc has been patched since it’s release.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I think it’s an epic game:

“Elden Ring received “universal acclaim” according to review aggregator Metacritic.[22][23][24] The game ranks as the second highest-reviewed game on OpenCritic.[40][41] On Twitch, it drew nearly 900,000 viewers within 24 hours of release, making it the third-largest debut on the platform after Lost Ark and Cyberpunk 2077.[42] The game’s difficulty has provoked much commentary, receiving both praise and criticism for it and its lack of easier modes.[43][44][45][46][47][48] The PC version of the game was criticized at launch for having performance issues.”

If you own a PS5, it’s a must play game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top