• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Timo!  I checked it out, and that’s just what I saw when playing the game.

Wilco,
We can always hope, when he appears out of nowhere, that the Inquisition decides the devil sent him and gives him his just reward via a personal bonfire.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2005-01-20

PM

I was the model for the Doctor. Here’s one of the photos they based the artwork on:

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You look suitably evil there, Josho.  Naughty  Wink

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

He,he. I like it!  Smile

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I admit, I didn’t understand why it was okay that he had the time sled but not the recipe… surely if he could work out how to get to the inquisition, he could type his own time back in?

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

skeeter_93 - 30 March 2013 02:30 AM

I admit, I didn’t understand why it was okay that he had the time sled but not the recipe… surely if he could work out how to get to the inquisition, he could type his own time back in?

Nah…He thought he would go to the inquisition. To my knowledge, he might be to the Jurasic Age right now (or perhaps Al Phee has told him just the combinaction for the Middle Ages as a part of the payment for the mind-reading drug. Without giving the time sled itself. Of course the Doctor would have guessed that Al Phee, or a friend of him, would came back as soon as the side effects took place, thus giving the Doctor the chance to take the time sled itself this time.)

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hello again everyone and welcome back from yet another exciting adventure in the future. This time, we learned what happened to Jake’s family, why Doc is Jake’s best friend, that our future food menu involves human meat as well (We are what we eat. We decided to stay human after all…) and that Dr. Dupliscidus true secret identity is our very own Josh Tongue. But the night is not over yet. There is one last friend you need to save. Ralph needs your help. So go ahead and talk to Joe! Help him rescue Ralph, who is in great danger! And before you leave, ask everyone for their help. Even Al Phee or Squish(I love these dialogs). You have until 14/4 to finsh this story.

Meanwhile, try to forget the sad thoughts of the previous chapter (you will fail…) and enjoy the game (that, you will do). It is a humorous adventure after all…

Al Phee’s story All Time Classic quote/moment

The confession of course.

EDIT: When you finish the Ralph story and return to Callahan’s there will be an interesting cinematic event. The prelude to the final chapter (which we will play after 14/4).

EDIT 2: Don’t get fooled by the chapter’s maze…There is no need for drawing maps, etc…The solution to navigate there is much more simple and logical. See it as a simple riddle.

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Sefir - 31 March 2013 08:52 AM

EDIT 2: Don’t get fooled by the chapter’s maze…There is no need for drawing maps, etc…The solution to navigate there is much more simple and logical.

Yeah, crawl about in the greeny dark for an hour - or is that just me?

Okay, I admit it, I finished the chapter already. I started Friday cos I had a day off and wanted to take advantage of the time, and for some reason it finished really really quickly, maze and all. Now as punishment, I got two weeks to wait… wah!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

skeeter_93 - 31 March 2013 09:54 PM

or is that just me?

There are exceptions to the “Rule of Mazes.” I’m sure Josh will remember the 3D Space Quest maze that was literally unsolvable without a walkthru. I think he mentioned that the creator, can’t remember which of the Andromeda guys it was, couldn’t solve it himself.

But as to the “Rule of Mazes”... For almost every maze you will ever encounter in a game, the “right-hand-rule” is in effect. Simply place your right hand on the wall, and proceed while maintaining contact. It may take a while, but you will almost always reach your end point.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sefir - 31 March 2013 08:52 AM

EDIT 2: Don’t get fooled by the chapter’s maze…There is no need for drawing maps, etc…The solution to navigate there is much more simple and logical.

or is that just me?

It is just you. You should have used the dog whistle to see where the dog barking was coming from f.e. you use the whistle, you hear dog barking from your left in response, you turn left, use the whistle again, you hear the dog barking from straight in front in response, you walk forward, etc. Simple really…

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Okay, I admit it, I finished the chapter already. I started Friday cos I had a day off and wanted to take advantage of the time, and for some reason it finished really really quickly, maze and all. Now as punishment, I got two weeks to wait…

That was uncalled for. There is a reason this thread is named community playthrough. We play this together, with a very specific pace (and if there was a problem with the playthrough’s pace you should have told me that from the beginning). It is one thing forsomeone not to be able to follow its pace because he/she is too slow (totally acceptable) and completely different to play it faster than the playthrough itself. Otherwise, everyone can play the game on him/herself and this playthrough will have no reason of existence (I dont want to patronize or anything, just trying to keep everyone within the pace of the playthrough.)

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Sadly, I am done as well. This was a very quick chapter - I finished it in one sitting during my Sunday evening game time. The chapter maintained the quality of the ones before it: fun puzzles, fun characters, fun environments - in other words, what we’ve come to expect from CCS.

Embarrassingly, the only place where I was briefly stuck was getting out of the interrogation room. The word puzzle was good but mildly painful for me Grin

I encountered a few bugs - a few minor (some actions elicited comments from characters who weren’t present plus the same text bug as in Al Phee’s chapter) and one major (after unscrewing the control panel in the guardroom but failing to correctly align its innards and then exiting, I couldn’t remove it anymore; for this one, I had to resort to a savegame).

Bracing for the endgame now Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Quiz: What was the item that offered the greatest number of interaction options? Pyotr’s front door? Dr Dupliscidus at the operation scene? The bunker’s colossal main gate (in this chapter)? Something else?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Sefir - 01 April 2013 02:25 AM

Quiz: What was the item that offered the greatest number of interaction options? Pyotr’s front door? Dr Dupliscidus at the operation scene? The bunker’s colossal main gate (in this chapter)? Something else?

I’ll bite Smile

Excluding unique item interactions and just counting the direct actions, my answer is Pyotr’s front door with 16. The good doctor has 13, and the door of Mt. Whether brings up the rear with 10. I think that, so far, those were the three most interactive items. Grin

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have to admit Sefir that I completed the game because I had leave from work after I got the game, got so absorbed with it I couldn’t leave it alone so there was no way I was going to take another few weeks (I’m back at work all hours with far less to play) - I just had to keep going!!

My favourite stories so far are Pyotyr’s, Josie’s & Al Phee’s   - I didn’t like Squishes’ story so much at the time because I’m left completely cold if there’s too many technical-looking things presented before me like control panels & mechanical things!!!!!! but - yes it was a good story!

For the latest story I perceived it as a maze & spent hours because I really liked the sentiment of that story before I realised there was ‘a method’! What I would like to know is: is it possible to find the dog without using the whistle?????

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top