• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

black and white games

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

I’m looking forward to playing a horror or dark themed adventure game. I really loved the black and white aesthetic of The Cat Lady, and I was wondering what other black and white adventure games are out there.
Thanks!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Limbo.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

liogm - 20 December 2016 04:40 PM

I’m looking forward to playing a horror or dark themed adventure game. I really loved the black and white aesthetic of The Cat Lady,

I remember lots of colors in the Cat Lady too.

and I was wondering what other black and white adventure games are out there.

The Lost Crown

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Although it has color, the color is so muted and washed out that it seems like it’s a B&W game…..Scratches.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

There was this supposed episodic game but only the first chapter got made. It got released a couple of years back(2009?). You were playing as a detective in a horror/noir setting. I think the title was ‘‘something’ noir’. But the game was black and white except for blood, I think.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

Origami - 20 December 2016 04:47 PM

Limbo.

Limbo looks great, but I’m not into platforms. Guess I’m more of a classic point and click kind of gamer.

Karlok - 20 December 2016 06:14 PM

[I remember lots of colors in the Cat Lady too.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the game doesn’t have to be strictly 100% in black and white as long as it’s not a colorful, bright and shiny game. I never gave The Lost Crown a chance because it’s apparently a very long game. I might have to try it out.

rtrooney - 20 December 2016 06:47 PM

Although it has color, the color is so muted and washed out that it seems like it’s a B&W game…..Scratches.

Played and love Scratches! Thanks for the input, although it’s not b&w I can see what you mean. Colors are dull and dead, which gives the game such a dark atmosphere.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Neverending Nightmares is mostly monochrome, although it has bits of red and other color here and there.

Any number of old Macintosh games like Deja Vu, Shadowgate, or Scarab of Ra.

And let’s not forget the upcoming Wilson’s Heart, set in the style of a 1950s horror movie:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/PaBO6rQcwho

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Here’s what to do:
1. Take any horror game
2. Turn down the color settings (RGB) on your monitor to zero
3. Enjoy your black and white horror game!

Failing that, Dark Fall 2 has an almost monochromatic color theme. Great game, too.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Origami - 20 December 2016 06:59 PM

There was this supposed episodic game but only the first chapter got made. It got released a couple of years back(2009?). You were playing as a detective in a horror/noir setting. I think the title was ‘‘something’ noir’. But the game was black and white except for blood, I think.

Are you thinking of Face Noir? Not totally black and white, but close: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24943

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

fov - 20 December 2016 09:14 PM

Are you thinking of Face Noir? Not totally black and white, but close: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24943

Other than the name, the description sounds more like the freeware game The McCarthy Chronicles.

Other games to consider are White Night and the episodic Blues and Bullets (only 2 of 5 episodes released so far). Both have action elements, but not platforming.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The Jackal was right. I was refering to the McCarthy Chronicles.

The reason for the mix-up of names is because having trouble coming up with the title and having to ask on these forums has happened one time before, and at that time someone also suggested it might be ‘Face Noir’. Because of that the game I was thinking of received Face Noir as its title.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top