• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Pyoro-2

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

little visual glitch on the front page

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

hey, i noticed a little “bug” on the front page. not a big deal, just thought i’d give you a heads up

(using firefox - every screen size)

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

VP - I use Firefox and that’s not happening to me so it could just be local to yourself.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

curious!

it’s still happening, maybe it’s a windows version thing? i personally don’t mind, but i figured i’d let AG.com know.

edit: might be a resolution or font size thing?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Just for info I’m running Windows 11 with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Windows 10, 1920 x 1080.

I’ve tried zooming in and out: on this resolution, it suddenly pops into place at 170% zoom. If i use a lower resolution, it also works on 100, 120, 133 or 150% zoom, proportionate to the resolution (the lower the res, the lower the amount of zooming in before the line appears where it’s suppose to be).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve always had the same issue, I just never paid it much attention until now.

I’m running on Chrome, Windows 11, 1920x1080 (on a 125% scale).
Increasing the zoom to 150% fixes it as well here.

Could it have anything to do with the length of our username when logged in?
Jabod’s name being shorter and thus allowing more space at the top for the magnifying glass, doesn’t cause issues, whereas a username like TimovieMan or Vegetable Party expands too far left and knocks the magnifying glass to a second row?

The issue doesn’t happen when in incognito mode (and thus logged out). Which corroborates that previous theory a bit…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

very detective-like. B)

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sorry, forgot to add that I run the screen at a “normal” 100%.

Tested Tim’s incognito mode as I always log in thus but it makes no difference to me by coming in as viewable as the magnifying glass is still in the correct place.
His idea regarding name length though is a good one but nothing I can do to test that Smile

Perhaps if we asked the user “Tex Murphy Is The Greatest Adventure Character” how their screen looks Grin

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Jabod - 28 February 2023 06:56 AM

Sorry, forgot to add that I run the screen at a “normal” 100%.

Tested Tim’s incognito mode as I always log in thus but it makes no difference to me by coming in as viewable as the magnifying glass is still in the correct place.
His idea regarding name length though is a good one but nothing I can do to test that Smile

Perhaps if we asked the user “Tex Murphy Is The Greatest Adventure Character” how their screen looks Grin

lol!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Mine always looks like that.  When I do a search, the text starts to the left of the line and continues behind a white X in the magnifying glass’ position.  I use Firefox on my iMac.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

That is… peculiar! Had never seen that before, will play around with zoom levels and see if I can fix this

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

With me, the “glitch” shows up when I log in and the search magnifying glass toggles from its location on the top of the page to just below the Articles tab. It takes it’s line separator with it…the one that is normally between all the tabs at the top.

Image Attachments

glitch_1.jpgglitch_2.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

is it fixed for other people? because it’s all in line over here!

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Looks fine. Now when I login, the search magnifying glass doesn’t jump over to the left like my screenshot shows (above). It just stays where it is prior to logging in. Another crisis averted!  Thumbs Up

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Mike the Wino - 06 March 2023 11:46 AM

Looks fine. Now when I login, the search magnifying glass doesn’t jump over to the left like my screenshot shows (above). It just stays where it is prior to logging in. Another crisis averted!  Thumbs Up

Grin cheers to that.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The “Log out” is now split into two lines, just above each other, like so:

Log
out

But that’s visually far less a problem than the magnifying glass was.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top