• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Black Mirror Series

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

I’m looking at getting this however it seems the first one is not available for digital download.

Do you need to play it for the story? Is it worth playing?

He gave me a cold, shocked stare as if I’d farted at a funeral.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Blogga - 15 February 2013 06:06 PM

Do you need to play it for the story?

No.

Is it worth playing?

Yes.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

diego - 15 February 2013 06:16 PM

Do you need to play it for the story?

No.

Is it worth playing?

Yes.

Straight to the point. Excellent.

Thanks for the info.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-05-13

PM

I’m looking at getting this however it seems the first one is not available for digital download.

Do you need to play it for the story? Is it worth playing?

watch the whole game (walkthrough) on youtube if u cant get ur hands on it.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Not only is it available for digital download (DRM free, no less) but, until recently, you could play it for free on GamersGate’s VOID service (which has sadly been discontinued, as I just learned).

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-16

PM

Thanks for the purchase link to Black Mirror- I might actually buy it soon, as it’s one of those preqels-I-never-got-around-to.  I actually played Black Mirror 2 first, loved the story/locations, then had went on to play BM3 (which I thought was almost as good, but lacked the feeling of the New England adventuring portion of BM2 which I found to be the most memorable).

Playing BM2 and BM3 kinda already spoiled the story of BM1 for me already, but since there’s a convenient digital grab, I’ll go back and play it for the sake of storyline completion. Wink

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

TerminusEst - 16 February 2013 03:11 PM

Not only is it available for digital download (DRM free, no less) but, until recently, you could play it for free on GamersGate’s VOID service (which has sadly been discontinued, as I just learned).

It’s only available in North America. Who’s got the publishing rights for this game? It’s a shame that it’s not available on Steam, GOG and The Adventure Shop for everyone else to enjoy.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

I played Black Mirror 1-3 last year and I really enjoyed the ride. There was, however, a problem with the download version of the first game that made it hard to play for quite a lot of people. Sometimes it would create a loud sound (made the game a whole lot scarier) which was also accompanied by crashes.

I was eventually able to solve it with the help of a topic on this forum (http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25995&highlight=Black+Mirror&page=4), but I checked just know and the dropbox link that was provided by one of the users and that had the gfx files that needed to be replaced to solve it is no longer working.

I’m not sure whether the problem is the still there, but if you do encounter it, you at least know what is wrong and how you might be able to solve it.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Primate Ryan - 17 February 2013 02:21 PM

I was eventually able to solve it with the help of a topic on this forum (http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25995&highlight=Black+Mirror&page=4), but I checked just know and the dropbox link that was provided by one of the users and that had the gfx files that needed to be replaced to solve it is no longer working.

Yeah, sorry, with Dropbox’s new photo backup I suddenly was short of room to host them. I still have them, and can get them up again if somebody needs, but need to find a more permanent hosting solution..

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

Well, no need to apologize. Grin

You helped me greatly with those files and quite a few others as well, I would imagine. I wasn’t a member at the time, so here is an overdue “thank you”! Without that topic and your post specifically, I probably wouldn’t have been able to finish the game, as this was the only fix I could find after quite a bit of looking around on Google.

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

So I downloaded Black Mirror II from the Adventure Shop but after putting the activation key I get this,

“unexpected error (16:3)”

Anyone had this problem before with anything?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

No, but I’ve had some bad experiences with Adventure Shop’s customer service. I hope you’ll have better luck with them.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

Dag - 25 February 2013 10:27 AM

No, but I’ve had some bad experiences with Adventure Shop’s customer service. I hope you’ll have better luck with them.

I’ll see how it goes.

I’ve contacted the activation people first as the error I got didn’t appear on their troubleshooting section.

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

Resolved it myself.

Updated the new drivers from the Tages website.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top