• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone aka Broken sword 6.

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I’m not keen on the 2D/3D hybrid aesthetic of BS6 at all. It seems a shame to go that route when BS5 looked so good.  It feels like a step backwards.

However, the remaster of the first game looks fantastic. I wish that more legacy adventure games would get that kind of treatment.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Jdawg445 - 24 August 2023 10:23 AM

The result “wasn’t quite good enough,” Cecil says, but a tip from a Nvidia engineer about how to use AI to interpolate frames in between hand-drawn key frames prompted a breakthrough.

Unfortunately Blade Runner enhanced couldn’t prompted any breakthrough.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

dirac - 24 August 2023 10:06 AM

Looks more like they completely re-drew and re-animated everything, than a simple upscale. Look at the details, looks completely different.

You should’ve compare it with remastered Broken Sword: Director’s Cut.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Having now watched the trailer for BS6 and seeing the game in action, I actually think that it looks very nice; a happy medium between 2D and 3D, which allows the handdrawn backgrounds to be combined with dynamic camera movement.  I don’t much care for the 3D character models though.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

St_Eddie - 25 August 2023 02:39 AM

Having now watched the trailer for BS6 and seeing the game in action, I actually think that it looks very nice; a happy medium between 2D and 3D, which allows the handdrawn backgrounds to be combined with dynamic camera movement.  I don’t much care for the 3D character models though.

Agree, it said they were pre alpha though. When do yall think the game will come? 2024, 2025…

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2020-12-03

PM

In the comments of the tweet they answered some questions

VR rumor dismissed:

On the characters:

They say it’s a “super early first look”, so probably at least a year, my hope would be 2025.

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Ah, that’s great to hear; that they’re working on making the characters less obviously 3D models against a 2D(ish) backdrop.  I’ve never cared for that particular mix of asthetics.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

first trailer for broken sword 1 reforge and by God is it gorgeous to me. I hope the new game can even come close to The Graphic Fidelity of this.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have watched the new trailer like five times and I am actually very impressed. The animation and graphics actually look like a don bluth movie now. George actually has facial featureslol. In the original game depending on the scene he looked anywhere from 28 to 52 lol.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Looks very nice, almost like I imagined it back in the day, I also hope the final game will look that good, that’s the way to reimagine old licenses. Not sold on the BS6 graphic style though, but glad it’s in development!

PC means personal computer

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Some more info on bs6.

From multi award-winning Revolution Software and legendary director Charles Cecil comes the latest genre-defining adventure. Remembering a murderous clown, a deadly explosion and a life-changing adventure, intrepid George Stobbart and fearless journalist, Nico Collard, are summoned by an eccentric academic to help decipher a mysterious medieval manuscript. But they arrive to find themselves in the middle of a murder scene - the academic is dead, his house ransacked, and the manuscript has gone. Our two heroes promise the grieving wife that they will bring the callous murderers to justice.

Take on the roles of George and Nico as they find themselves drawn into a terrifying conspiracy involving brutal treasure hunters, sinister medieval cabals, and the perplexities of Quantum Physics.

The trail leads our heroes from Berlin to Paris and Occitania as the ancient manuscript reveals clues to the secret location of Parzival’s Stone - known to most as the Grail - a mythical treasure lost for over a thousand years and a source of a thousand legends.

Pursued by ruthless tech entrepreneurs, corrupt government agencies, and billion-dollar global energy corporations, the collective powers of the modern world are all out to beat our heroes to the ultimate goal.

Using wits and dry humor, can George and Nico unravel the mystery of Parzival’s Stone? Because they might just well be the only things stopping the whole world from armageddon.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lip syncing test for bs6 that was voiced by charles himself, done 2 years ago.

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2020-12-03

PM

Regarding the release dates:

Reforged is now on Steam to wishlist with Release date Q1 2024, only couple months away.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2544110/Broken_Sword__Shadow_of_the_Templars_Reforged/

Parzival’s stone also has a planned 2024 release date on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2546810/Broken_Sword__Parzivals_Stone/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top