• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A long-lost game - does anyone know?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-11-19

PM

Hi everyone,

So I’m posting here in hopes of finding a web-based adventure game I played years ago. I can’t remember too much about it, but here’s what I have. It was a dystopian future sort of game, and if I remember correctly you played as some sort of investigator. The art style was heavy on greys, blacks and reds, and was mostly angular. You were attempting to deal with a conspiracy of some sort (i think), and the first section of the game involved escaping from a facility with a lot of security. I believe one of the puzzles involved constructing a laser cutting tool. At some point you cross a large metal bridge, also featuring red lasers, and steal a large tank-like vehicle. The next section of the game started after your vehicle had crashed in a desert sort of area, and you were trying to repair it. That was as far as I got before I lost the damn thing Tongue

Can anyone help me find this again? My google-fu is not strong enough.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

A Case of the Crabs? Never played it but immediately comes to mind: http://www.otterarchives.com/bountygame.html

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-11-19

PM

No - the noir tone is right, but the art was colour, not black and white, and it was more sort of Philip K. Dick-stompy-boots-fascism dystopia, I think. Definitely a good suggestion though, thanks.

Update: I have a vague feeling that the name was something like [noun]-[number] - *NOT* Area 51, but something like it - Sector 46, kind of thing. I may be wrong on that though.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Cosmos Quest 2 maybe?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Agustín Cordes - 19 November 2012 11:48 AM

A Case of the Crabs? Never played it but immediately comes to mind: http://www.otterarchives.com/bountygame.html

I had a case of the crabs once. Was not fun.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

BelligerentGnu - 20 November 2012 02:08 PM

No - the noir tone is right, but the art was colour, not black and white, and it was more sort of Philip K. Dick-stompy-boots-fascism dystopia, I think. Definitely a good suggestion though, thanks.

Update: I have a vague feeling that the name was something like [noun]-[number] - *NOT* Area 51, but something like it - Sector 46, kind of thing. I may be wrong on that though.

Bureau 13?

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I thought it kinda sounded like Beneath A Steel Sky but only partly…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top