• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I was supposed to have a nice evening yesterday with my classmates, it was sunny and over +20 degrees, and my holiday had started. Instead I was feeling quite ill and went home to lie down, and woke up shaking and vomiting. It seems to have settled now - at least I hope so. But I need people to feel sorry for me!

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Trunkyo - 07 July 2012 12:21 PM

Wow, I think I’m one the few around here who actually watched the original broadcast of Twin Peaks on ABC.

You and me then Trunkyo! Smile
I believe Twin Peaks was the first U.S produced series to be aired in North America and Europe (and perhaps other continents) at the same time. The eagerness to find out who killed Laura Palmer was world wide! Grin

In other news: It’s raining quite heavy. Time for a cup of coffee and my Umberto Eco novel. I’ll sit on the deck and listen to the rain on the roof. Ooh I love vacation time.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

millenia - 08 July 2012 04:09 AM

I was supposed to have a nice evening yesterday with my classmates, it was sunny and over +20 degrees, and my holiday had started. Instead I was feeling quite ill and went home to lie down, and woke up shaking and vomiting. It seems to have settled now - at least I hope so. But I need people to feel sorry for me!

Sorry for doubleposting, I missed millenias post above mine.

(((millenia)))
What a horrible way to start your holiday! I’ll send positive wave in your way (Are you Finnish?)I believe eastwards.
Get well soon!

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yes I’m Finnish and the positive waves can’t at least hurt, thanks Tongue.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

millenia - 08 July 2012 04:14 AM

Yes I’m Finnish and the positive waves can’t at least hurt, thanks Tongue.

My waves are soothing and healing in the most gentle way. Hyvää Joulua! (One of the few things I can say in Finnish. Not very season appropriate, but still… Wink )

Lazy Bee

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

millenia - 08 July 2012 04:09 AM

Oh you poor thing!!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Jelena - 08 July 2012 04:10 AM

In other news: It’s raining quite heavy. Time for a cup of coffee and my Umberto Eco novel. I’ll sit on the deck and listen to the rain on the roof. Ooh I love vacation time.

Your storm front is coming this way. I’m going to go to Helsinki and see Paris, Je T’aime in the Audiovisual Archives’ movie theatre. Hope there’s no blackout or anything Cool

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Some politicians in the Northern part of Holland want to have the law changed so they can punish the weathermen and women when they make wrong predictions. Sometimes they predict rain when it turns out to be sunny, and that is not good for the restaurants and cafes at the beach. They want to compensate the owners and make the weather people pay for that.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 09 July 2012 01:50 AM

Some politicians in the Northern part of Holland want to have the law changed so they can punish the weathermen and women when they make wrong predictions.

Do they not know the meaning of prediction? A lot of people seem to think they are promises.  Tongue

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Gerrit Hiemstra, one of our most well known weatherpersons, allegedly said: “I can only laugh at such a suggestion.”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lots of happy and healthy thoughts to Millenia!

Concerning Twin Peaks: I watched the first 6 episodes or so when they first aired, and even though they were greatly intriguing, I was FAR too young to comprehend everything fully (I was 9).
I never got around to actually watching the full series when I was older, and the longer it takes, the more I fear it’ll be dated…
Plus it’s the type of David Lynch that requires a certain mindset to watch. I’d have difficulties just popping in the DVD at any random point, I’d have to be in the mood for it, I think…

Concerning the Dutch weather law proposal: I had a good laugh at that. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard since a US Senator once proposed to construct all roads downhill to save gas. Smile
I seriously wonder how some people got elected and even re-elected if these are the things they say on a regular basis…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Human stupidity knows no bounds.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2012 06:57 AM

Concerning the Dutch weather law proposal: I had a good laugh at that. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard since a US Senator once proposed to construct all roads downhill to save gas. Smile
I seriously wonder how some people got elected and even re-elected if these are the things they say on a regular basis…

Maybe THAT is exactly why they get elected, to give people a good laugh… Wink

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2012 06:57 AM

Concerning Twin Peaks: I watched the first 6 episodes or so when they first aired, and even though they were greatly intriguing, I was FAR too young to comprehend everything fully (I was 9).
I never got around to actually watching the full series when I was older, and the longer it takes, the more I fear it’ll be dated…
Plus it’s the type of David Lynch that requires a certain mindset to watch. I’d have difficulties just popping in the DVD at any random point, I’d have to be in the mood for it, I think…

I don’t agree! I mean, that it’s the type of Lynch that takes a certain mindset (well, wathcing anything always takes a certain mindset, but it’s not at all like with his movies, Twin Peaks is quite an easy watch in that sense). In fact, I feel that, comparing to Lynch’s movies, it’s quite an easy watch. It’s it’s not so intensive like the movies tend to be - it’s definitely not so heavy, and it’s got a lot of comedy. And the form of a series gives it a lot more ease that it’s not so focused on just the mystery and all that. (Besides, it’s not always written or directed by Lynch, there’s a whole bunch of writers and directors there (unfortunately, since Lynch and Frost are always clearly the best)).

Of course, that’s just my opinion, but I feel very strongly about it Smile

And it’s not dated! Not at all.

I’d definitely suggest giving it a watching again. If you’ve only seen them when you were 9, I can quite confidently say that it’s going to be a very different show.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I agree that Twin Peaks is not as heavy and difficult as the movies are. It’s still weird but definitely something you can sit down to relax in the evening.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top