• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Willy Beamish

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Any of you played Willy Beamish when you grew up?
I was quite young when I played it but remember liking it, was a nice atmosphere in it and got a nice feeling of it.
Would like to play it again to see if it’s as good today. Not sure who owns the rights nowadays.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Beamish is a Dynamix game, published by Sierra, so I’d guess Activision might own the rights at the moment.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

FireFlower - 15 March 2013 05:19 PM

I did! Smile

It’s a nice game, I think it is worth playing.(And we’re still kids sometimes! Tongue )
I remember the frog contest, the bad guys with their plans with the sewer system , the bully at school, and the spagetti-worms given by the babysitter. (Yuuuck!  Tongue )
If I’m not mistaking, I played the talkie version.

Have you played “Ecoquest Lost secret of the rainforest” as a kid?
I really liked that one!

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

tomimt - 15 March 2013 06:41 PM

Beamish is a Dynamix game, published by Sierra, so I’d guess Activision might own the rights at the moment.

Guess it might be hard to get the rights from Activision then Meh

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

kate me - 16 March 2013 01:35 PM
FireFlower - 15 March 2013 05:19 PM

I did! Smile

It’s a nice game, I think it is worth playing.(And we’re still kids sometimes! Tongue )
I remember the frog contest, the bad guys with their plans with the sewer system , the bully at school, and the spagetti-worms given by the babysitter. (Yuuuck!  Tongue )
If I’m not mistaking, I played the talkie version.

Have you played “Ecoquest Lost secret of the rainforest” as a kid?
I really liked that one!

I liked that you got the feeling that you yourself was on summer leave from school. Smile

Haven’t played Ecoquest but I think I’ve heard of it. It looks nice when I checked some screenshots of it. I noticed there’s an Ecoquest 2 as well. I should try them.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

FireFlower - 16 March 2013 08:04 PM

I liked that you got the feeling that you yourself was on summer leave from school. Smile

Yeah, on a long summer vacation… Laughing I miss my long summer vacations! Who doesn’t? Tongue

FireFlower - 16 March 2013 08:04 PM

Haven’t played Ecoquest but I think I’ve heard of it. It looks nice when I checked some screenshots of it. I noticed there’s an Ecoquest 2 as well. I should try them.

Try Ecoquest 2: Lost secrets of the rainforest (it’s part of Sierra educational games), it’s better then the first Ecoquest in my opinion (I would recommend it to all kids and kids at heart Wink  )

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2007-10-07

PM

I was (and am) a kid at heart when I played all 3 of these games. Willy Beamish was fun until I got stuck and couldn’t finish it. The first Ecoquest had one rescuing a whale, or maybe it was a dolphin, and cleaning up the underwater environment which had all sorts of garbage and junk (I seem to recall a leaking oil drum!) endangering the fish. I did enjoy the rain forest in Ecoquest 2 the most.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top