• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your favorite pitch video or trailer is…?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’ve been wasting a perfectly good afternoon by watching pitch videos and trailers on youtube. Some are incredibly good and some are incredibly bad. Can’t get enough of them.  Cool

Here’s one of my own favorites. For a game (game?) that nobody ever talks about here: The Stanley Parable. I absolutely love how the trailer is a really good introduction to the game (game?) and the insider jokes are wonderful to watch when you’ve already played the game (game?).

There’s a Stanley Parable Remix in the making. Another great trailer! IMO, IMO, IMO.

So, while you people out there start posting your own favorites, I’ll go out and be productive. Make choices. Enjoy the hours I have left. And spare a thought for poor Stanley.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks for Sharing this .. never heard of but its so amusing though i have no idea what the heck The Stanley Parable is .. the Wiki says its an actual Adventure Game .. but these videos Suggest something else

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Play it, Advie. Find out for yourself what type of game it is. Naughty Won’t take long, cause it’s short. Free too, but you must have a Steam account.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

LOL - I really loved those The Stanley Parable videos. Now i absolutely have to play the game, i mean how terrible can the game be, if they can make so funny videos?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I like the Obsidian egg ads (ver #1, ver#2). (There was supposed to have been a big ad campaign for Obsidian. Does anyone know of any other ads?)

These Stanley Parable videos sold me the game (or whatever it is). I’ve downloaded and installed it now. Let’s see whether my old jalopy of a computer will muster the resources to run it. EDIT: Yeah, right. No such luck.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

This trailer was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlpmSDr6_Q

It was so amazing in the mid-90s when CD-ROM games proliferated, and we were experiencing new forms of multimedia on our computers.

Okay, this one, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzlD4rjayGM

And to show I’m not a biased fanboy, I also loved this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oRqDkadeUw

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I thought its defiantly a Joke but it turned out to a trailer for an existing Adventure !
Panty Raider

P.S: i am sure someone would think that this is really my Fav trailer Pan  ,LOL ..

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-01-31

PM

In the last couple of weeks I can’t get enough of two trailers from The Insider: Back in Black. They’re not very popular on Youtube, probably because nobody ever heard of this game (unfortunately it was never released), but I hope You’ll like them as much as I do. :)

trailer #1
trailer #2

TerminusEst - 04 March 2013 07:34 PM

I like the Obsidian egg ads (ver #1, ver#2). (There was supposed to have been a big ad campaign for Obsidian. Does anyone know of any other ads?)

In addition to that ad(s) there were also this three posters:

LINK (in the middle of the page)

LINK (Youtube version)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

inm8#2 - 04 March 2013 09:26 PM

This trailer was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlpmSDr6_Q

It was so amazing in the mid-90s when CD-ROM games proliferated, and we were experiencing new forms of multimedia on our computers.

LOVE this trailer. I always checked my Sierra CDs for videos and would always watch this one.

This trailer was groovy too, if just for the insane cast:

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-01-31

PM

thejobloshow - 05 March 2013 03:03 AM

This trailer was groovy too, if just for the insane cast:

Better quality:

:)

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Harvester - teaser (with no actors), which looks better then actual game Cool.

Cosmology of Kyoto - short, good music and informative enought.

Myst III - my favorite adventure trailer.

Apart from these, I should mention also Dear Esther, Bad Mojo or Scratches trailers. Xing trailers are also pretty well crafted.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Of all the trailers you listed I like Myst III best. I’d seen it before of course. I’d forgotten what an excellent trailer it is. Very appealing. I like the Bad Mojo one too, but only because I’ve played the game and loved it.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyone noticed Cradle Cradle#1 before? (an upcoming Adventure)
love the featured song and music

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I really like the trailers for the upcoming games “Reset” and “STASIS”. Plus I really like the fact that they tell us absolutely nothing about the game’s story, which is as a good trailer should be (I hate spoilerific trailers).

I also remember liking the Clandestiny trailer that was included on my The 11th Hour CDs back in the day.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 06 March 2013 12:07 PM

I really like the trailers for the upcoming games “Reset” and “STASIS”.

Both Reset and Statis are great videos. When i saw Stasis i couldn’t help think about A L I E N.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top