• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Xbox One

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

2013 the year of the Microsoft U-Turns

First there was Windows 8.1 - Bring back Start
Now we have the Sony f**ked us at E3 reversal

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

With a more level playing field it’ll be interesting to see if the higher price point and slightly worse hardware will hurt the Xbox One or if the strong line-up of exclusives will convince people to give in and pay up in the end.

I’d like to play Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but other than that there’s not really anything all that appealing to me at the moment, but a lot of people seem jazzed about TitanFall. I can imagine that’ll move a lot of units.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This is great news, now people actually have a legitimate decision to make. Pay more for better exclusives and a Kinect camera that will read your feedback in a much more sophisticated manner or save money with a more powerful system.

This has convinced me not to pre-order a console at launch.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Xbox better exclusives? What are you guys talking about? No way…

But good for Microsoft in admitting they were being destroyed, and I like the name Xbox 180… (The price is still horrible…)

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

“Better” exclusives is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I’m really psyched for the new Killzone, the new inFamous and The Order 1886, which looks like a fantastic concept.

As for Xbox One the most talked about seems to be TitanFall, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, but other than that what does that line-up have of big whoops that outshines the PS4? I’m not counting Halo 5 as nothing was actually shown other than the fact that them mentioning they’re making another Halo. Other games like Killer Instinct I’d equate to Knack thinking of broad appeal and such.

All in all I’d say that Microsoft does indeed have a slight edge when it comes to exclusives, but I wouldn’t tout it as some huge selling point. They’re pretty even in general for now, from my point of view anyway.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

This is really pretty amazing.  I don’t think I ever remember a company taking such an about face on a major product based on negative consumer feedback.  It’s a shame they had to get rid of some of the more positive aspects like the family sharing (though it’s a little unclear exactly how or when that would have been rolled out).  They’ve really changed their entire view of the system.

It would be great to see them experiment with digital vs physical pricing, for example maybe allowing family sharing on digital downloads when the console stayed in online mode.  Or offering better deals on their digital products.  But I seriously doubt this will happen. 

I recently upgraded my PC to gaming goodness, so I didn’t really plan on buying either at launch, but I’m happy MS reversed course.  As it stood, I think the XB1 was DOA for many regular gamers.  With today’s news, I think it will again be a hard fought battle with the PS4.  The more they have to compete with each other, the better. 

I’ll probably end up getting a PS4 at some point in the future when they have an exclusive I care about (probably whatever the next gen Naughty Dog or David Cage game turns out to be).  PS4 makes more sense to me because most of the MS exclusives I’m interested in usually end up getting released on PC (like Alan Wake) but this is almost never true of PS exclusives.  The only MS exclusive I would be interested in is Ryse; hopefully it’ll come to PC.

In a twist, there is some suggestion that Steam may allow sharing of Steam games in the future (please God, let this be true!).

http://kotaku.com/steam-might-soon-let-you-share-your-games-with-your-fri-514219133

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wow that was fast , QBreak, KInstinct, D4 and Drising3 here i come.

Smile

EDIT:

Best bit,

Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console—there will be no regional restrictions.

Hell this is even cooler than 360 Tongue

EDIT:

I am really confident with PS4 exclusives but it will be more about how much M$ will
moneyhat like DR3 and how fast Sony can churn out its exclusives. Sony must
release good Exclusives before 2015 mid in order to gain high ground first or will
loose the race ,chasing.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Ryse
Crimson Dragon
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Project Spark
Killer Instinct
Forza

To me, all these titles are more interesting than what the PS4 is offering. Killzone, Insomnia, Knack and The Order don’t impress me as much - two are sequels to series that were never killer apps, Knack looks like filler and The Order pissed me off when the cool atmosphere was ruined by ridiculous gun combat. It seems like an early gen title like The Darkness - interesting but forgettable.

Also, the Xbone has a HDMI input and that interests me as well. It’ll be cool if you can daisy chain a PS3 to the HDMI input and say something like “Xbox, turn on PS3.”

Not to be a cheerleader for Microsoft, I haven’t made up my mind and I’ll most likely side with the console that gets the JRPGs I’m addicted to.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 20 June 2013 01:27 AM

Ryse
Crimson Dragon
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Project Spark
Killer Instinct
Forza

To me, all these titles are more interesting than what the PS4 is offering. Killzone, Insomnia, Knack and The Order don’t impress me as much - two are sequels to series that were never killer apps, Knack looks like filler and The Order pissed me off when the cool atmosphere was ruined by ridiculous gun combat. It seems like an early gen title like The Darkness - interesting but forgettable

Order artdirection looks ace against anything but to each his own, Tfall and Qbreak are shooters too.

But what the hell is Insomina?? lol

Maybe you wanted to say Infamous Tongue, and Insomniac Game company aint with Sony no more,
good riddance.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Forza? Interesting? Oh well, I guess we all have our flaws Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

thejobloshow - 20 June 2013 01:27 AM

Ryse
Crimson Dragon
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Project Spark
Killer Instinct
Forza

To me, all these titles are more interesting than what the PS4 is offering. Killzone, Insomnia, Knack and The Order don’t impress me as much - two are sequels to series that were never killer apps, Knack looks like filler and The Order pissed me off when the cool atmosphere was ruined by ridiculous gun combat. It seems like an early gen title like The Darkness - interesting but forgettable.

Also, the Xbone has a HDMI input and that interests me as well. It’ll be cool if you can daisy chain a PS3 to the HDMI input and say something like “Xbox, turn on PS3.”

Not to be a cheerleader for Microsoft, I haven’t made up my mind and I’ll most likely side with the console that gets the JRPGs I’m addicted to.

Fair enough, it’s a matter of opinion,  although most of those games are not launch games I think, and Titanfall is not exclusive (although if it’s Windows-8 only on PC might as well be…). For me, both consoles are quite even (and uninteresting…) in the lauch period this year and probably the best games will be third-party non-exclusive stuff (Watch Dogs!!).
Sony has Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, Santa Monica, Sony Japan doing stuff for the PS4 so the exclusives line-up will probably be better next year but the it’s still a bit early to tell.
Concerning the xbox perfomance in Japan the safe bet will probably be the ps4 for JRPGs (except for Square-Enix stuff).

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I would hardly classify most Square Enix RPG-games as JRPG’s - or even really RPG’s for that matter. It’s mostly just uninteresting action games these days Neutral

But in general the PS4 will naturally be the place to go for JRPG’s unless Microsoft is making another push for some exclusive titles like they did (and failed to gain traction with) for the 360.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 20 June 2013 04:39 AM

I would hardly classify most Square Enix RPG-games as JRPG’s - or even really RPG’s for that matter. It’s mostly just uninteresting action games these days Neutral

But in general the PS4 will naturally be the place to go for JRPG’s unless Microsoft is making another push for some exclusive titles like they did (and failed to gain traction with) for the 360.

Yup no matter how much i Loved the FFXV trailer, it looked like Bayonetta more than
FF12 or 10. ATB and turn based is past. JRPG themesleves are much more in terrible
form than Adventure games and Platformers where former is revived by KS and later by nintendo. JRPGs are more close to SurvivalHorror genre now.

JRPGs this gen i remember are, Valkyria, Resonance of fate, Xenoblade,last story and Ninokuni etc.
FF13 has become joke, i wonder M$ will support and bring big JRPGs like Lostodyssey this time or it will be just some random moneyhatting. Persona moneyhat can make some Sony fans really mad though.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Regarding the exclusives, for me neither has an exclusive that I need to get. Quantum Break and Halo are somewhat interesting on the XOne, PS4 has none Tongue But then if the QB is an exclusive, I still don’t feel like I need to get it ASAP, if at all. And Halo comes whenever, plenty of time to mull about this.

Also, I think I’ll have to try out the controllers before making the decision - I got another try at a PS3 controller last week, and talk about a joystick claw! It was so uncomfortable Grin But maybe the PS4 will be better…

I wonder how system link will work on the XOne, or if it will. I’ve been having a lot of fun playing through system link with friends - now if I have to start carrying around the Kinect that’ll be, ehm, unfortunate (though doable). However, I wonder if they’ve even thought about system link anymore…

I guess they probably won’t change the comes-with-Kinect thing though, but I wonder if there’s any chance the price would still come down a bit. Or if they’d change the mandatoryness of always keeping the Kinect attached, even though you can turn it off. I mean, it’s a bit unintuitive - you can turn all the functions off but can’t unplug the gadget. Still, I guess they’ve said that they want to have the Kinect, so that all the developers know that everyone has it.

Well, I guess I’ll make the decision only when the first game I really want to have comes out Wink And who knows when that might be…

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

nomadsoul - 20 June 2013 04:59 AM

JRPGs this gen i remember are, Valkyria, Resonance of fate, Xenoblade,last story and Ninokuni etc.

There’s some other great games that just haven’t received much attention in the west, but one of the best JRPG’s of the generation is Eternal Sonata in my opinion. Excellent game. There’s also the “Tales of ...” series that are usually quite good and some other stuff. But overall naturally it hasn’t been the best of times for JRPG’s, which have gone down in popularity just a little bit with each new console generation, much to my dismay Embarassed

If Microsoft decided to try and win over the Japanese audience with some amazing exclusive JRPG’s I’d get an Xbox One for sure.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top