• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-12-19

PM

I just finished episode 3 , I am playing it on PS3. I really enjoyed it. I wish I didn’t have to wait another month for episode 4. Laughing

Total Posts: 1085

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Episodic goin fine but awful truth is doesnt matter what you choose coz eveybody dies.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Gabe - 03 September 2012 07:47 AM

Episodic goin fine but awful truth is doesnt matter what you choose coz eveybody dies.

Well, eventually everyone dies in real life too, but that doesn’t mean that everything is in vain. A wise man once said: “It’s the journey that matters most, not the destination”. Smile

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Sefir - 03 September 2012 07:59 AM

Well, eventually everyone dies in real life too, but that doesn’t mean that everything is in vain. A wise man once said: “It’s the journey that matters most, not the destination”. Smile

There was no argue about the life philosophy,fact is about the walking dead that ends in
couple of hours Smile

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just bought it and played through the three episodes in a row. This is magnificent. Without a doubt the best series Telltale has made to this date. Really looking forward to play the last episodes and this puts upcoming Fables and King’s Quest to a whole other place on my hype-o-meter (where they were pretty high to begin with).

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 03 September 2012 07:47 AM

Yup i also was in mood to try again certain bits but found out on forums that you
cannot change that outcome, you know what i mean, but it made me realize
how good this balance of choices making difference and not at all plays through out
serve the realism factor of this series better, since in real life we also get situations
which are beyond our control and we cannot change them no matter what, and
in matter of minutes things go bad to worse.

Unlike games like Masseffect where you always get chance to strike perfect
balance if you play your cards right.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Is Telltale gonna release all of them in a DVD version?Can anyone please tell me?Are there any rumors about it at least?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

^
I hope so too. I wanna play them as soon as they’re all available, and preferably as part of a DVD set! I’ll try sending Telltale a tweet…

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

It wasn’t my tweet they responded to, but someone else’s… Either way, YES, it is indeed coming to disc and it will be this December! Laughing

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12920-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Coming-on-Disc-This-December.html

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

This December?This December?That’s awesome!!WOW!Almost only 2 months away!

Fantastic,I love it!I mean I only downloaded the first episode so far and I’ve only played a tiny bit but I loved it.The game looks pretty awesome.A pretty good zombie adventure!

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Well,season ends with full deterministic approach and now obvious that there are no real choices and outcomes to bear,i found finale’s script way too lazy that sticks with one ending.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Completely disagree. Tongue They never said your choices would change the story’s outcome, but that the story is tailored to the choices you make, and in that sense I think Telltale delivered wonderfully.

I played the final episode last night… I was crying much of the way through (always a good sign for me, but I’m a weirdo that way!) and found the ending very moving and cathartic. It doesn’t matter to me if the game only has one definite way to end, because I’m still very interested to see how other choices will result in slightly different ways of getting to that ending (but will wait a while, I think, since I’m still reeling from the events and the emotions that came with them).

Frankly I think it’s a more interesting way to deal with narrative choices—and more fair to the player—than in Heavy Rain, where they made a big deal about how your choices would lead to differences in outcome but in the end the changes were minor and the biggest story elements and twists were completely premeditated. In The Walking Dead I felt very aligned with Lee (much more than in the average game), cared about the people he got to know, and was very impacted by the bad things that eventually happened to pretty much everyone. I can’t think of another game that made me feel more involved in a completely chaotic situation and made me believe that this was really happening to me and people I cared about. I can honestly say I’ve been through a zombie apocalypse now. Meh

To me, this is the best Telltale’s ever done (and I say that as someone with a huge bias for their earlier games, since I used to work there and was very involved with and attached to everything up through Tales of Monkey Island).

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

To be honest this game had that ending pegged from the start. The comic and the TV show etc. never end well.

It’s more about the journey not the destination. Everyone got there in a slightly different way and had a more personalised journey.

I was choaked up towards the end. Unfortunatly I don’t see how Telltale can top this in a season 2 it won’t have the emotional heart of the story that season 1 had and if they try and replicate it the same way it won’t have the power.

Nothing Telltale has done up till now has hit the mainstream in the way that this has, everyone has been talking about this game this year.

It’s not a perfect game, the puzzles are trite and the locations small with vitually no exploration, but it puts you through an emotional wringer, makes you care for a couple of characters and makes you do some twisted sh*t.

Storywise it knocked it out the park.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I am not a big fan of the game for many different reasons, mainly the lack of actual gameplay.

But even when accepting the game for what it is, about the story and the choises you make, then i still found it very annoying that the choises don’t have more influence on that story. And im not just talking about the ending, eg early in the game you have to choose who you are going to save, but it doesn’t take long before the one you saved dies anyway, so what is the point of choosing if they are both doomed, and neither will realy play any part in the story?

Telltale creates an illusion that your choises matter, but if you replay the game, and make all the opposite choises, then you will discover that it actually only has a small influence on the story. 

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played the last episode today, loved the ending.

Like others have said I don’t care if there is only one ending, I felt that even simple choices like your final words to Clem are of more importance to you as the player and your emotional journey.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top