• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Playing, like many others, Syberia4. Just started. Like what I see. But am in no hurry to finish it. Almost a certainty that it will be the next CCPT. Would rather play it fresh with others than replay it so soon after finishing it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

CaptainD - 30 March 2022 01:44 PM

Enjoying both but sadly needing to resort to hints / walkthroughs on occasion with both. I just don’t have the time (or patience!) that I used to for working out the trickier puzzles or finding that hotspot / item I missed in one location that’s holding back progression.

And I just had to learn how to calculate using octal and hexadecimal numeral systems and how to convert them to decimal and backwards to solve some puzzles in RAMA Probably a piece of cake for programmers, but a whole new knowledge for me.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Syberia The World Before. Great game that looks and sounds amazing. Probably the best game in the series for me and one of the better adventure games I’ve played in recent years.

Almost every puzzle is way too easy though and requires very little to no thinking at all.

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 01 April 2022 12:32 PM

And I just had to learn how to calculate using octal and hexadecimal numeral systems and how to convert them to decimal and backwards to solve some puzzles in RAMA Probably a piece of cake for programmers, but a whole new knowledge for me.

Never played Riven?  Innocent

Just kidding. The puzzles were the the reason I stopped playing RAMA and didn’t regret it.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Karlok - 03 April 2022 02:56 PM

Never played Riven?  Innocent

Just kidding. The puzzles were the the reason I stopped playing RAMA and didn’t regret it.

Probably never reached that point in Riven as I was never able to finish it - I always get lost in big empty worlds. Rama is not as big and has more things to interact with, enjoying it so far (although my inventory is getting excessively overstocked).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Another one for the Syberia crowd. Skipped 3 but doesn’t really seem to matter. Puzzles a bit easy so far, and can’t say I agree with all the narrative choices either, buuuut ... still a good experience so far. Beautiful game and all that.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Pyoro-2 - 05 April 2022 04:34 AM

Another one for the Syberia crowd. Skipped 3 but doesn’t really seem to matter. Puzzles a bit easy so far, and can’t say I agree with all the narrative choices either, buuuut ... still a good experience so far. Beautiful game and all that.

I’m about 16 hours in, the puzzles do get harder as you get further into the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m playing The Shapeshifting Detective, which turns out to be an interesting game with an unnerving and morally questionable game mechanic. Like a first person shooter, replacing shooting with creeping into another person’s physical and intimate autonomy.

I’m also playing The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, an unexpected gift I received just when I needed it.

I’m glad I finally get the chance to play the game, and for the insight from the Phoenix Wright discussion on the board. I like it. It has a lot that would make me steer away. The mannequin-like depiction of women, which is honestly maybe more of an uncanny valley than a feminist thing at this point. The unvaried gameplay, which turns out to be pretty engaging when you’re pleading your way out of a self-painted corner.

..did the music stop? Oh thank Go..

OBJECTION!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 April 2022 10:32 AM

I’m playing The Shapeshifting Detective, which turns out to be an interesting game with an unnerving and morally questionable game mechanic. Like a first person shooter, replacing shooting with creeping into another person’s physical and intimate autonomy.
!

Nicely put, this comment makes me see the game differently.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It is creepy, right? But it’s also an interesting mechanic. It turns you into a very strange type of person, both trying to prevent evil and inherently being morally questionable yourself. Besides taking on identities and using people for their identity, it’s also very manipulative towards the others..  a bit like an intelligence agency, working against some greater machinations, by unscrupulous means.

It is nice that you can choose not to take certain actions. For some reason, interacting with Violet makes me feel the worst.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 April 2022 10:29 AM

It is creepy, right? But it’s also an interesting mechanic. It turns you into a very strange type of person, both trying to prevent evil and inherently being morally questionable yourself. Besides taking on identities and using people for their identity, it’s also very manipulative towards the others..  a bit like an intelligence agency, working against some greater machinations, by unscrupulous means.

It is nice that you can choose not to take certain actions. For some reason, interacting with Violet makes me feel the worst.

To me the game is creepy, sort of a strange horror interactive movie.

Heart

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Just started Perfect Tides.

Loving the early 90s graphics (not so much the higher res portraits) and I’m impressed by the writing so far - mature but not in a “let’s show a ton of murder and sex and zombies” kind of way.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Started playing Norco and it’s great so far. Some of the scenes and more out there characters (superduck, million) look so cool to me. Great writing, too. It’s not a puzzle heavy adventure game, but they still throw a decent variety of interactive challenges at you.

Like Perfect Tides it’s very evocative of a particular setting and has a very immersive quality to it. There’s a lot of thought provoking descriptive text that makes your mind wander, and the game has a sense of humor too. Delicate balancing act but it’s done well.

Total Posts: 1688

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 08 April 2022 08:13 PM

Started playing Norco and it’s great so far. Some of the scenes and more out there characters (superduck, million) look so cool to me. Great writing, too. It’s not a puzzle heavy adventure game, but they still throw a decent variety of interactive challenges at you.

Like Perfect Tides it’s very evocative of a particular setting and has a very immersive quality to it. There’s a lot of thought provoking descriptive text that makes your mind wander, and the game has a sense of humor too. Delicate balancing act but it’s done well.

I’ve been keeping my eye on this game, for a while but not too sure what is really about. Can you give me some details without spoiling it. I was also very interested in Chinatown detective agency but the reviews have not been great and from what I can tell there are some things that I think would bother me. so I will probably wait for a deep discount on that one.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Pyoro-2 - 05 April 2022 04:34 AM

I kind of skipped 3 as well. I think the puzzles are relatively easy, but my recent experience with an early puzzle says that the controls are what make a puzzle easy to solve, or confounding. As it was with me until I discovered my mistake. Paper must be totally free of the folder before you can write on it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top