• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recommended sci-fi AG

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Hi all,

can you recommend a narrative driven sci-fi AG, with rich graphics, and pure point-n-click interface? WSAD controls make me dizzy Sick  and bump into walls and objects…

I’ve already played Monolith, and all the games in the Stasis franchise.

Many thanks in advance!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1805

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

lipsum - 25 May 2024 04:45 AM

Hi all,

can you recommend a narrative driven sci-fi AG, with rich graphics, and pure point-n-click interface? WSAD controls make me dizzy Sick  and bump into walls and objects…

I’ve already played Monolith, and all the games in the Stasis franchise.

Many thanks in advance!  Laughing

Off the top of my head you could try:

Encodya
Mutropolis
J.U.L.I.A. Amongst The Stars
Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy (might be too much detective for you, might not)
All of the Tex Murphy games from UaKM onwards (but I suspect you’d have played those)

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 527

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Prominence

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 1687

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Technobabylon, blade runner, moment of silence, the old star trek games

Total Posts: 1293

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I not sure if pixel art is included in “rich graphics”. I will wait until clarifying that.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

walas74 - 25 May 2024 08:22 AM

Well, I not sure if pixel art is included in “rich graphics”. I will wait until clarifying that.

It’s definitely not my cup of tea. I’ve played my share of pixelated games waaay back in the 90’s.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

Primordia was great.

Disco Elysium is an exceptional sci-fi gem.

I’ve heard good things about Beyond a Steel Sky.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I would recommend these ones:

-Culpa Innata
-J.U.L.I.A Among the Stars
-Perils of Man
-Perry Rhodan: The Immortals of Terra
-Stranger in Utopia
-The Moment of Silence
-Whispers of a Machine
-KAPIA
-The Dream Machine

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2096

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Warp Frontier was one of the best sci-fi adventures of recent years.
Voyage (Inspired by Jules Verne) is older, but still looks great, and it’s all sci-fi.
And The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time is an all-time classic which aged surprisingly good.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

Yes to walas74’s rec for Whispers of a Machine.

I started Voyage (also called Journey to the Moon) and the gameplay did not age well for my enjoyment. A lot of recursive gameplay (collect items, make something, test effect, consumed, collect again, make again for later, loop this for X many combination of items). Just did not find it very fun.

Total Posts: 218

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

lipsum - 25 May 2024 11:07 AM

It’s definitely not my cup of tea. I’ve played my share of pixelated games waaay back in the 90’s.

Ah, now I understand why nobody mentioned The Dig yet. This one is still probably my favourite sci-fi adventure.

Seeing you get easily motion sick I also won’t recommend you two VR games, that are probably up there with The Dig, as my favourite sci-fi adventures. Red Matter 1&2. Especially Red Matter 2 was the closest I ever felt to being transported to an alien planet. Great graphics, atmosphere, story and puzzles.

Total Posts: 1687

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Egon - 26 May 2024 02:24 PM
lipsum - 25 May 2024 11:07 AM

Ah, now I understand why nobody mentioned The Dig yet. This one is still probably my favourite sci-fi adventure.

Seeing you get easily motion sick I also won’t recommend you two VR games, that are probably up there with The Dig, as my favourite sci-fi adventures. Red Matter 1&2. Especially Red Matter 2 was the closest I ever felt to being transported to an alien planet. Great graphics, atmosphere, story and puzzles.

I agree my top four fave Sci-Fi games are blade runner, Whispers of a machine, the dig, Technobabylon. I periodically listen to the Dig soundtrack it’s just relaxing

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

For me, Technobabylon is one of the best adventure games of this century. I translated it into Spanish and enjoyed every minute. Too bad the sequel is in stand by because of the health issues of the author.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

walas74 - 25 May 2024 07:17 PM

-Culpa Innata
-Perils of Man
-Stranger in Utopia
-The Moment of Silence
-Whispers of a Machine
-KAPIA
-The Dream Machine

It’s a great list but with a visible stain called KAPIA, I had to stop myself and wonder how it could be?, with all the adventures mentioned, they could easily be rated IMO with 3 stars and even more, that one puzzles me to belongs in this list
Smile

A1

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

luckyloser - 27 May 2024 07:59 AM
walas74 - 25 May 2024 07:17 PM

-Culpa Innata
-Perils of Man
-Stranger in Utopia
-The Moment of Silence
-Whispers of a Machine
-KAPIA
-The Dream Machine

It’s a great list but with a visible stain called KAPIA, I had to stop myself and wonder how it could be?, with all the adventures mentioned, they could easily be rated IMO with 3 stars and even more, that one puzzles me to belongs in this list
Smile

Well, I must admit it is the only one I haven’t played it myself, but I alwalys thought it seemed interesting, sorry Naughty

And I also admit Culpa Innata is not for everybody…

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

yeah, i know, it looks awesome, but once you start you will feel instantly how quirky and half-baked (at best) it is

A1

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top