• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m still in the “Too tedious not to skip” Chapter 4. I’ve set the bees on fire, but now find myself stymied because the grapnel will not hit anything. I can’t aim to the left or right of dead center. An no matter how I try to adjust elevation I come up “short/rewind/repeat.” I am open to suggestions.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 25 July 2022 06:49 PM

I’m still in the “Too tedious not to skip” Chapter 4. I’ve set the bees on fire, but now find myself stymied because the grapnel will not hit anything. I can’t aim to the left or right of dead center. An no matter how I try to adjust elevation I come up “short/rewind/repeat.” I am open to suggestions.

There are no mysteries. Keep aiming and shooting, you’ll hit something. I think the first small rock well in front of you is the target, where those birds were resting.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There was a game in my Top 100. Timelapse, where, in one chapter, you had to shoot an arrow through some sort of ring. All the while factoring in things such as wind velocity/direction, which were all visually clued by things such as the direction trees were bending in the background. One of the most difficult puzzles I ever encountered.

I’m giving this one a rest for the night. Not that I think there will be some magic revelation in the morning. Just that I am tired of failing what seems to be a random puzzle.

Think I will be watching a video WT of this particular scene.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5621

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Just shoot where the two fishing critters were.

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 25 July 2022 08:35 PM

Think I will be watching a video WT of this particular scene.

Did you read and therefore try what I told you?
Where those two birds were, shoot there.

Chapter 5 Finished. I really liked the village, it looks so peaceful and in touch with nature. I could definitely live there (although…what was that skeleton lying there?) and abandon the current modern world, give up this so called prosperity, empty prosperity for a much more austere life. There is still time to do it, I just have to tie up some loose ends, try a few more things and then find the right place.

Enough raving, as for the game….

I enjoyed this chapter more than the previous ones, although like the preceding ones it was about how to continue with our journey due to certain misfortunes, in this case I felt more room for exploration and things to do, they are still minimal but I appreciate the small change. I liked it.
Anxious to see how this continues now that we can no longer rely on the hydrofloat.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 25 July 2022 08:39 PM

I am past that point. I smoked the bees. The attacked animals have flown away. The rocks on which they sat are no longer in view. The nearest rock is a football field away.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tenebra - 25 July 2022 08:46 PM

Did you read and therefore try what I told you?
Where those two birds were, shoot there.

See response to Lady K. The answer is yes, but that target is gone.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

rtrooney - 25 July 2022 06:49 PM

I’ve set the bees on fire

I’m glad I had finished the Chapter 4 before you posted this in plain sight, because it’s a spoiler.

He must have shot there already because how else would he know to go look for the bees.

Tenebra - 25 July 2022 08:46 PM

what was that skeleton lying there?

That’s the last guy who fiddled with the egg Tongue.

rtrooney - 25 July 2022 08:59 PM

I smoked the bees. The attacked animals have flown away. The rocks on which they sat are no longer in view. The nearest rock is a football field away.

Post the screenshot of the position where you got stuck and I’ll post you a link to the screenshot with the exact point you should aim at - I’ve made screenshots of all the exact spots you have to put the grapnel on in order to pass to the village.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 536

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

rtrooney - 25 July 2022 08:59 PM

I am past that point. I smoked the bees. The attacked animals have flown away. The rocks on which they sat are no longer in view. The nearest rock is a football field away.

I had some problems here as well. If you’re at the spot I think you are, aim at the cliffside to the right of the river, not at the rock ahead.

Total Posts: 531

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Finished chapters 4 and 5 over two sittings.

I’m still enjoying the environments, though in chapter 5 my mouse speed slowed down to a crawl so instead of taking in the jungle atmosphere it felt like I was dragging around a dead water buffalo. It was only a few minutes before I finished the chapter that I discovered Alt-Tabbing out and back into the game fixes the problem - something I wish I’d known earlier.

I’m noticing the audio a lot more, the background creatures, insects and bird noises really evoke the sweltering humidity of the South American jungle. I wonder where they captured it from.

I don’t seem to mind that every circumstance is lining up perfectly for my journey (at least so far) and that much of it has been “on rails”. In some ways I’m relieved that it is, because it cuts down the amount of exploration needed to find to find a tiny black beetle on the jungle floor. If you didn’t know Benoit Sokal is a comic book artist, you could tell because the grapnel lining up perfectly with the rock directly ahead of you is something you might find in a Tintin comic. And that’s a huge compliment in my book!

The only difficulties I had this time were overlooking a room I needed to visit in the village and also knowing that I needed to return to the boat and make it go without fuel. I’m not sure how the ignition was able to start since previous times it’s had fuel it didn’t, but by this stage of the game I’ve learnt to put these things down to “Amerzone logic”.

AKA Charo

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

zobraks - 26 July 2022 01:43 AM

He must have shot there already because how else would he know to go look for the bees.

At the time, he hadn’t said he was past that point, so I didn’t assume he was. Smile 

Charo,
Once we pulled the first lever to open the sluice gate, we just floated to the rail mechanism as a boat.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Slowly but surely getting into the game. Chapter 4 now.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Good!  I’m glad you’re moving along, VGP.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve devoted most of today to trying to catch up & am so far part way through chapter 4. I’m taking a break from trying to fathom out how to get my grappling hook back!

I’ll get back with my thoughts later but the version I’m playing from Big Fish I think is the same as your Mac one Lady kestrel - there does seem to be a few minor details missing but not really to the detriment of the game I’m finding so far.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yay, Chrissie!  You may want to stretch your legs a bit with a walk.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top