• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 72 - Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am still playing Delta-Six/Mess hall part, but please carry on guys, I will catch on.

but there is an observation I wanna bring in, the last time I played GR was on a mobile, and the ‘Ctrl/Breathing’ shooting trigger wasn’t there, it was always automatic, I mean it already shows up when needed; I guess that could have been a nice add/update to the PC version as well, as its kinda a hassle later on when fights get messy.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve tried to copy & paste a response here but for some reason it doesn’t turn up unless I type it?...
That worked…..

The forum software needs to tell you if your post is too large as that seems to be the problem….

no it’s not as….I don’t know what went wrong there!

Gasp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Doom - 06 June 2022 05:17 AM

……I used to think they were brothers, but then I watched the first season of the Dollhouse series and now I think differently) Both seem to share the same sci-fi trope about people with wiped memories getting new personalities installed to finish all sort of missions, and at one point something goes very wrong; so basically I think both characters are the same person.

That’s an interesting theory which doesn’t sit too well for me at the mo as it would mean that Azriel is looking for his younger self?

Doom - 06 June 2022 06:42 PM
chrissie - 06 June 2022 01:59 PM

I did watch both series of Dollhouse but it was quite a few years ago but from what I can remember it was voluntary… to earn money…at least to start with?

The contract was technically voluntary, but not everyone ended there voluntary as it is revealed, not to mention that many signed it because they were desperate to get money/treatment. Plus they weren’t really made aware of the things they would have to perform under new identities, which is why Echo’s mentor was so concerned about the moral part of the deal.

Yes, you would certainly have to have a lot of trust & from what I can remember there were problems! A very intriguing series though!

Doom - 06 June 2022 05:17 AM

There’s a great sci-fi movie, Gattaca (1997), which is kinda different, but also similar in a way. It goes even further: newborn children are getting classified as “valids” or “in-valids” in case their genetic profiles indicate some further disorders.

I was quite interested by the premise of the film & as it was available on Amazon Freevee I’ve just watched it. An interesting point of the game was the terrible discrimination between babies born naturally or by design.

Vegetable Party - 06 June 2022 05:40 PM

The game likes its references, so the thread just follows suit.
About the connection: Prisoner fans frequently debate whether John Drake of Danger Man and Number Six in The Prisoner are the same person. Like John Drake, Number Six is evidently a secret agent, but one who has resigned from his job.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as critical, especially as I don’t mind diving into rabbit holes myself - it was just a little bit of frustration on my part on failing to join the dots! Actually I’ve seen a lot of episodes in the past of The Prisoner & just one or 2 of Danger Man but I did come to assume that the characters were the same.

Total Posts: 725

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

chrissie - 07 June 2022 08:29 AM

I’ve tried to copy & paste a response here but for some reason it doesn’t turn up unless I type it?...
That worked…..

The forum software needs to tell you if your post is too large as that seems to be the problem….

Gasp

Looking into this, that’s pretty weird honestly. I’ll up the sizes that are configured in any case (changed from 6,000 characters to 10,000 characters)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks CaliMonk, for whatever reason my posts (copy & pastes from Word if that helps) didn’t turn up when I tried to paste them into the reply & left my posts looking blank… but it seems okay now.  Smile

Total Posts: 1805

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

The game likes its references, so the thread just follows suit.

About the connection: Prisoner fans frequently debate whether John Drake of Danger Man and Number Six in The Prisoner are the same person. Like John Drake, Number Six is evidently a secret agent, but one who has resigned from his job.

I’ve lifted this from IMDB:

“It has been speculated that Number Six is in fact John Drake from Patrick McGoohan’s earlier series, Danger Man (1960) and Secret Agent (1964). Several references to the earlier series appear, many bit players are common between them, and some believe he is referred to once by name (though others interpret the dialogue differently). Although McGoohan vehemently denied that #6 is Drake, he seems to have been out-voted, as co-writer George Markstein said yes, and officially sanctioned novels based on the series refer to Number Six as John Drake. The more mundane answer is that the production company didn’t own the rights to the character John Drake. “

Which works on several levels, as McGoohan had resigned from the production of Danger Man to work on The Prisoner.

Sorry VP, but that’s hopelessly wrong Smile

Danger Man ran from 1960 - 1962 and The Prisoner from 1967 - 1968. There must have been an awful lot of post-production work for your assertion to have happened Crazy

There’s a little more, including references, unused plots from one ending up in the other, etc.

But that bit is totally accurate. What was going to be used as a film for Danger Man wound up being (part of?) the finale for The Prisoner.

The rabbit hole has closed and Grace Slick is singing over the ending credits Laughing

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

chrissie - 07 June 2022 08:32 AM

That’s an interesting theory which doesn’t sit too well for me at the mo as it would mean that Azriel is looking for his younger self?

He might be looking for his brother alright, believing in his identity and mission, it all depends on what is the REAL purporse of it. He has already disturbed the world around him enough.

I was quite interested by the premise of the film & as it was available on Amazon Freevee I’ve just watched it. An interesting point of the game was the terrible discrimination between babies born naturally or by design.

Yes, Gattaca presents a truly dystopian future, despite the world itself seems pretty ok compared to many other works of fiction. Why it seems even more disturbing.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Advie - 06 June 2022 08:58 PM

i am still playing Delta-Six/Mess hall part, but please carry on guys, I will catch on.

but there is an observation I wanna bring in, the last time I played GR was on a mobile, and the ‘Ctrl/Breathing’ shooting trigger wasn’t there, it was always automatic, I mean it already shows up when needed; I guess that could have been a nice add/update to the PC version as well, as its kinda a hassle later on when fights get messy.

I wonder how this game plays on a mobile, it might be one of the few situations where I would prefer it over a pc.

Also: nice suggestions and discussions folks! Smile I’m definitely checking things out and I’d like to get back to some of these references after the cpt. And thanks Jabod for schooling me Smile and giving some additional information about a couple of tv classics.

Next section tomorrow!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow! some people are too smart. no pun intended, not even close

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 07 June 2022 08:29 AM

That worked…..

Gasp

I read elsewhere that you were pasting/copying from Word. I am a Word user. Just not here. A Word document carries so many extra formatting information thingies. I wonder if that is the problem. When I need to write something and paste it into a message here, I use good old Notepad. Never had a problem with that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just to clarify I was copying & pasting from a Word document, which I’ve done many times before, but on this occasion pasting the reply resulted in a completely blank post in my name. It’s resolved now!  Smile

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

All strange happenings aside.. Time for a new section!

Section 4: Road trip to the Uncharted Gas Nebula

This section contained a lot. Violence, information, a double-cross and a narrow escape. Here’s a piece of information that is more suggestive than it seems:

Didn’t really register the first time I played the game.

That was heavy, right? After an action-packed escape, we get another rendez-vous with our little crew. We seem to be getting somewhere. We learn a couple of new details right before we set off to Center 7.

We’re also assembling a crew on board of Center 7 itself. In this section, our plan to escape is set in motion. If this isn’t your first time playing the game, you may have noticed certain details predicting the plan’s trajectory.

We get to stand up to our brain swiping father.

This section ends when you walk into the darkness, looking for the director’s office.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve progressed to getting to the Reactor Hangar.

I’m now very confused as I’ve just played a scene with Azrael & Sakuri who are planning to infiltrate Sector 7 & an another one where Sakuri & co are planning to come back the other way!  Embarassed

I’ve gleaned that like Dollhouse old memories are stored somewhere
The surveillance is a mystery as sometimes activity seems to be seen & sometimes it’s not? I’ve also noticed that Azrael & Charlie are voiced by the same actor - in a small Indie game like this it’s not a surprise but……

I’m now completely at a standstill with the shootout in the Reactor Hangar…..I’ll keep trying…

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I just finished the whole game - I beat the 3rd part in no time and just wanted to see how the story ends. And wow, the similarities to the Dollhouse storyline were striking indeed! I enjoyed the resolution, and the whole thing was pretty intense and emotional, if a bit too linear and easy, but I won’t discuss it until the playthrough ends. Also I’m not sure how many endings are there - I think I ended up with a perfect final and then perfected it a bit more, but I felt like there could’ve been other endings. Also had some good final kicking!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Played for an hour. Not sure exactly if i have passed the stopping point. I’ m in a cell controlling Sayuri and next cell is Kane. Is there more untill the stopping point or i have passed it?

The story is escalating quickly and i like it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top