• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>punch interrogator
A sudden rush echoes in your ears, and you feel a grimace straining your lips. The man falls back—just a fraction—and then your fist slams into his belly. You shiver as he folds up, and coldly aim another blow at the the back of his skull. The man’s body hits the floor; he lies still.

>get lockpick
Taken.

>get voice module
You cannot pry the voice module loose.

>get voice transmitter
Taken.

>get scrambler
You take the scan scrambler (and the timer connected to it.)

The remains of the chair continue to shrivel.

>get minilamp
Taken.

Your legs are beginning to itch fiercely.

>get pushbutton
Taken.

The remains of the chair continue to shrivel.

>get toggle
Taken.

There is now nothing left of the chair at all.

>get timer
You already have that.

>get key transmitter
Taken.

The itch in your legs is nearly unbearable.

>get gun
You can’t see any such thing.

Total Posts: 7461

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Just for fun…
> x pedestal
> x voice module

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x pedestal
It’s just a blank, acid-scarred disk of metal. The voice module seems to be embedded in the surface.

The itching is slowly fading.

>x voice module
The voice module seems to have welded itself into the corroding metal.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 September 2016 08:32 AM

Does that mean that we already stole what we set out to steal (and that that’s our mysterious package), or does that mean the mysterious package does’t exist except to mislead the interrogator?

Don’t know, I think we might need to go to the laboratory now that the lockpick is ours. This itching doesn’t bode well

>search interrogator
>s
>sw

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 September 2016 09:06 AM

This itching doesn’t bode well

To be expected, though, no?

Oscar - 09 September 2016 11:44 AM

>x acid pack
It’s a small brown cone, covered with tiny pores. It contains a pressurized capsule of a rather clever catalytic acid, which eats through most metals like a blowtorch but is harmless to anything else. (Well, fairly harmless. It does itch miserably.) There’s a minus link on one edge.

Are we sure we haven’t left anything on the desk? Can’t have the enemy get a hold of our technology, now, can we? Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 September 2016 09:12 AM
wilco - 13 September 2016 09:06 AM

This itching doesn’t bode well

To be expected, though, no?

Oscar - 09 September 2016 11:44 AM

>x acid pack
It’s a small brown cone, covered with tiny pores. It contains a pressurized capsule of a rather clever catalytic acid, which eats through most metals like a blowtorch but is harmless to anything else. (Well, fairly harmless. It does itch miserably.) There’s a minus link on one edge.

Are we sure we haven’t left anything on the desk? Can’t have the enemy get a hold of our technology, now, can we? Smile

Lol, these acidpack are not good for the skin Smile, but seems to be fading now.
and, yes, probably best to look around better before leaving

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>search interrogator
You run your hands over his uniform, but you find nothing. It would be too much to ask, of course, that he be carrying a gun. But—of course—he was too careful to make such a mistake. You hadn’t doubted that.

>s
You step gingerly under the scan-web band. Silence. You recall, with some relief, that the man failed to turn it back on after the guard left.

Security Annex
This is the end of a short hallway, which runs southwest back to the main corridor. Three large doorways open to the north, east, and south.

>sw

Angle Branch
The corridor runs north and south, like every other hallway in this place. A short hallway branches off to the northeast. To the west is a blank metal door, with attendant black plate beside it.

TimovieMan - 13 September 2016 09:12 AM

There’s an empty toolcase and a pen (which isn’t our tech). Do you want to go back for them? Time is at a premium now, remember.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>touch plate with lockpick

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>touch plate with lockpick
The pick locks itself rigidly to the black plate by the door. Its status dot flashes to yellow.

A buzzer sounds suddenly through the corridors. Your time is running tight.

>z
Time passes.

The lockpick’s status dot is sliding towards green.

>z
Time passes.

The door snaps open. A group of hard-eyed guards bursts out, scanning the corridor, guns levelled. Of course they see you immediately.

*** You have failed ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, UNDO your last move, or QUIT?
>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Probaby better to save the game after punching the interrogator and picking up all the stuff

or maybe before, we might be wasting time picking all the stuff

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 September 2016 09:30 AM

or maybe before, we might be wasting time picking all the stuff

There’s a lot of stuff we never used before, so we probably still need it.

Unless something like “take toolbox” picks them all up in a single command.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Nope, the toolcase has been emptied on the desk.

Maybe just play around for now and figure out where you’re going and what you’re doing. Once you’ve done that give general instructions and I can get you there as fast as possible. At the moment we’ve got all we’re going to need.

Don’t worry about saves, I always save “early and often”.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great map!

Lets see what’s up north of the Angle Branch?

>n

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>n

Northeast Corner
The corridor turns here, running south and west. A single metal door stands north; it is closed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top