• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #79: Return to Mysterious Island

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I finished the game too. Yes, last part was quite short, and I found myself solving the riddle’s puzzle and… the end of the game. I never thought it was the final puzzle. So I reload my previous savegame and explore more Nemo’s headquarters, and then I went for the musical puzzle, which I was able to solve because I studied music for three years.

It was clever to include Julio Verne’s references, very metafictional…

I quite didn’t understand the purpose of Nemo’s present: the big pearl. I discovered I could place it in the display along with the other pearls, but I didn’t get any points for that, and surely I lost a lot of money because I couldn’t recover it haha.

I liked the riddles: some were more clear than others, but they were fun for me.

I got 304 points. I know I didn’t made some articles (like the Bequerel Battery) but it is ok, maybe too many items and possibilities for me…

In the end, I liked the game. I felt overwhelmed sometimes with the amount of items and possibilities, and the end is very abrupt, but I enjoyed this journey to the mysterious island and it was better by sharing this CPT with you all.

Thank you so much Diego for your guidance. I hope we can play RMI2 in the future as a CPT (same with Black Mirror 2 or even Still Life 2, although they seem to be inferior to the first ones…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

walas74 - 12 August 2023 02:51 AM

I hope we can play RMI2 in the future as a CPT (same with Black Mirror 2 or even Still Life 2, although they seem to be inferior to the first ones…)

I’m playing the sequel right now. A few hours into it and I have been enjoying it so far. Now I’m completely stuck though…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thank you everyone for playing this beautiful game! I wish we could have more titles like these nowadays - simple, charming graphics, old-school 1st person games.

I just got back from vacation, so I will need to finish the game and read all your impressions in this thread. As for now, we can end the official part of the playthrough and start voting for another, but feel free to finish the game if you’re still behind and write your comments here.

It’s been a joy to lead this playthrough, and I can’t wait to play the sequel and other Kheops games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry for not keeping in touch. The game had to take a back seat for awhile. I plan to finish it, and will contribute to the post when I can. If I can offer a criticism it’s that the game offers too many options. I.e., the objective seems to be scoring the most points rather than finishing the game in the most efficient manner.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2023-08-07

PM

Hello, where can I get this game?
I’m looking for new adventure games Laughing

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks diego for leading this playthrough & I’m very sorry that I’ve had to drop out for a while due to RL. I will go on with the game & post my comments when I can.  Smile

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

loreiba2301 - 25 August 2023 11:07 AM

Hola… donde puedo conseguir este juego..
Estoy estoy buscando nuevos juegos de aventura Laughing

¡Hola! Este sitio es en inglés por lo que te recomiendo que escribas en ese idioma o no te entenderán. Puedes conseguir el juego aquí (estará más barato en las rebajas de otoño o de Navidad)

Hi! This site is in English so I recommend you to write in that language, otherwise they won’t understand you. You can get the game here (it will be cheaper on Autumn or Christmas sales):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/277110/Return_to_Mysterious_Island/

https://www.gog.com/en/game/return_to_mysterious_island

¡Saludos!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve still not finished the game. Not sure that I ever will. I found the game enjoyable at first, but then became frustrated with its try-everything-on-everything mechanic. By the time I was halfway through the Granite House episode I found myself wondering why others found this so enjoyable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2023-08-07

PM

walas74 - 25 August 2023 04:20 PM
loreiba2301 - 25 August 2023 11:07 AM

Hola… donde puedo conseguir este juego..
Estoy estoy buscando nuevos juegos de aventura Laughing

¡Hola! Este sitio es en inglés por lo que te recomiendo que escribas en ese idioma o no te entenderán. Puedes conseguir el juego aquí (estará más barato en las rebajas de otoño o de Navidad)

Hi! This site is in English so I recommend you to write in that language, otherwise they won’t understand you. You can get the game here (it will be cheaper on Autumn or Christmas sales):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/277110/Return_to_Mysterious_Island/

https://www.gog.com/en/game/return_to_mysterious_island

¡Saludos!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I’m not very good with English, but I will use a translator.

I will review the proposals you indicate to me. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top