• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game Interfaces In Reviews

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Would it be possible for the reviewers of games to add the type of interface used within the “Game Info” box?
In theory this should be simple as the reviewer, at worst, has played at least a part of the game.
I’m asking as I have damaged hands and I can really only play via the PnC interface. WASD is possible provided there are no parts requiring quick(ish) reactions and a controller is out completely. I would also expect this information to be useful to other gamers as many have a distinct preference as to what type of interface that they use.

Sometime I can find this out somewhere within a review but that’s far from always plus I have to go hunting for where it might be buried when it is included. It can be very frustrating to go through a review thinking that the game is for me only to find that I can’t play it at all. And I often don’t know that until I’ve looked at other sites to find out what is, after all, basic information about the game.

Cheers.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I think (although I’m not 100% sure) the reason it isn’t is because there are sometimes more than one control scheme, which really gums up that section.

With a single click and a little bit of scrolling, though, that info is right at your fingertips. In the “Game information” sidebar at the top of each review, if you click either the game title or “Full Game Details” link, you’re taken right to a page with those details. It’s at the bottom, but it’s always there.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Thanks Jackal Thumbs Up
Strange that in all the years I’ve been here I’ve never known that Confused but it does what I want, even if it’s a bit messy, so that’s me sorted Smile

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top