• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A General Observation

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Agent Parser,
I’m not sure who or what you’re referring to, but I’m providing a link to our forum rules and guidelines with which you should familiarize yourself, especially the part about name calling.
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/9/

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Agent Parser - 12 February 2024 12:59 PM

Did any older user here condemned JDawg for being constantly hostile, brushing off replies without reading them, making controversial blanket statements, giving blog posts as evidence for them and throwing a tantrum in this very thread? No. The singular older user that addressed it was to ask JDawg to return. JDawg, the same one that as soon as I registered I watched ignore an Admin’s orders then getting the comment deleted for it. Which is indicative that this behaviour has been coddled long before what made him leave (ie something he didn’t read).

I can understand why a newer member would say this, I probably would too. The thing is, we’ve been there and done that and JDawg just became part of the furniture. We learned to ignore his gatekeeping tirades and temper tantrums and engage with him on other levels.

Like someone else said, it’s not up to us to change the behavior of other users. Why would we even want to? I didn’t get along with JDawg more than anyone else but can’t help feeling a bit sad he’s gone, because he gave the forum some much needed life & spark.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Charophycean - 12 February 2024 05:38 PM

I can understand why a newer member would say this, I probably would too. The thing is, we’ve been there and done that and JDawg just became part of the furniture. We learned to ignore his gatekeeping tirades and temper tantrums and engage with him on other levels.

It’s interesting when this happens. Specifically a member starts a tirade of his/her own as a rational response to someone else’s perceived tirade. I’ve been hauled to the principle’s office myself over the years.

Nevertheless, this is what a majority of new members, I think, would consider a turn off. While, at the same time recognize the enjoyment of a heated battle or two. Knowing when not to cross the line can be a struggle.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Agent Parser - 12 February 2024 12:59 PM

Did any older user here condemned JDawg for being constantly hostile, brushing off replies without reading them, making controversial blanket statements, giving blog posts as evidence for them and throwing a tantrum in this very thread? No.

Well, this older user did get angry with him, but I guess you either missed that or it doesn’t count for you. Someone else also got angry, but I guess you missed that as well.

Charophycean - 12 February 2024 05:38 PM

[...]but I can’t help feeling a bit sad he’s gone, because he gave the forum some much needed life & spark.

I hope he’ll reconsider his decision and stay. Or take a break and come back whenever he feels like it.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Partially due to overly gushing non critical reviews being spammed on the site.  Partially due to non adventure games being included on the site.  The site no longer feels like a gamer site.  It reminds me of what happened to justadventure.  The standards just dropped off a cliff, so what is the point anymore?

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Well, that sure brought some life to the forums, but isn’t it the time to nuke those trolls?

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Lamb and Agent Parser are now both gone. Their behaviour last night sealed the deal.

I’ve archived a lot of their nonsense - and replies to it - for future evidence, in the likely event they try to come back.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thank you Dale from just about everyone.

I’m not sure how to get back on track after an interruption that seemed to days, if not weeks.

Diego has started a flashback review thread. There was once a series of them. I think that they used to be featured on the Front Page. I don’t know if that’s Diego’s intention. But there or here on the Adventure Games forum doesn’t matter. It’s a mpve in the right direction.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top