• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games to look forward to in 2024

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Finding Ruby (Caligari Games [The Great Perhaps, Whateverland] - This will be an adventure, puzzle game, right?)

@Jdawg445
It can be a lot of fun if I have time, am in the mood and its a good game. I differ between good and bad, not between old and new, but there exist quite some good oldskool games.

I finish games because I’m curious to see how things turn out and want to close files. I don’t have the patience for something that is somehow boring or annoying (stop playing, maybe browsing through a walkthrough, done).

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

jsfx - 05 January 2024 08:46 AM

When I look at the upcoming video games (not only adventures), I wonder who is going to buy and play all this stuff.

I hope I’m going to buy all of them (adventures).
Of course with over 2000 games on different wishlists buying some specific title must wait for some super discount or game bundle to happen. These days I’m kind of cheap, and any game that costs over 1 $/€ I really think over several times before buying.

But some cheap random stuff can be a real treasure chest. I have found many good games that way, buying cheap stuff randomly.

Of course there are more adventure games coming out every year than ever before, so it’s unfortunately unavoidable that some good ones simply get lost in the mass of games. Then again, I can easily discover games from the 90s that I have never heard about before, so it has always been the case, I guess.

jsfx - 05 January 2024 08:46 AM

Lots of boring, annoying content, proof of bad taste, wrong focus and a completely different target audience.

Could you give specific examples of each case?
At least boring, annoying, and bad taste are highly subjective, and someone else can consider such a game an instant classic. After all, some people criticise the entire adventure genre for being boring, because there’s no action and you must read stuff…

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Sounds like you invest quite some time into collecting adventures.

Go through the RPS, PCG, UVR etc. lists.

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Jabod - 05 January 2024 10:04 AM
Jdawg445 - 05 January 2024 09:32 AM

I got to start finishing some these games. I don’t know what it is, there could be even games that I’m enjoying but for some reason I put them down and never pick them up again.

An excellent point.
I’ve been in the same boat for a year or two now but I’ve developed a theory that I can, hopefully, prove to myself after the 12th January. This can only apply to myself (whether it works or not) but might point a way for others. Anyway. I’ve been wondering if it’s down to my deteriorating eyesight. I’ve worn glasses for 50 years this year but haven’t had them tested for more than 7 years and I’ve known my vision has changed for quite some time. So last Tuesday I took myself off for an eye test and new glasses duly prescribed (since I’m no longer a biker I’ve gone for varifocals so only one pair now instead of 3). My left eye is definitely worse than my right and I’ve got cataracts starting in both eyes. But the difference in my sight when I looked through both lens prescriptions was amazing; the clarity and sharpness of the test board was so good I actually said “blimey!” It takes a short while to adjust to varifocals apparently but I’m hopeful, once said adjustment is made, that I’ll be able to focus (ha-ha!) on games better than I have been doing for quite some time and therefore will play to completion.
It’s purely theory but I’ll update in a couple of weeks as to how things go and, who knows, the result might be of use to others Smile

This might sound strange and frowned upon, but i tend to avoid wearing my glasses as much as i can and it helped to improve my vision, i found out that the more wear them the more my sight deteriorates due to an idea that i could strengthen or keep the threshold of my eyes muscles instead of relaxing them all the time by wearing my glasses and there is always a lower threshold from there.. but in context, i only did this after i turned 40 years back

A1

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Miegakure
Phonopolis

The Big Hollow
We Stay Behind

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-10-24

PM

Hey community!

I’m making Hyperdrive Inn, an adventure game set in an infinite hotel and it features pretty cool graphics made entirely out of scanned fabric samples. The game is scheduled for release in October 2024.

We released a playable demo of the game on Steam a couple of weeks ago, if you want to try the game out.

-Juho

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

jsfx - 05 January 2024 12:25 PM

Go through the RPS, PCG, UVR etc. lists.

What does UVR stand for? I recognise the rest.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

uploadvr

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

“An English Haunting”, the new game from the creator of “Nightmare Frames”, will be released on May 15th. Here you have the final trailer:

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top