• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games to look forward to in 2024

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Games on my wishlist:

Between Horizons by the Lacuna devs (demo available)
Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone by Revolution Software
The Mermaid’s Tongue, 3rd Detective Grimoire game by SFB Games (demo available)
Old Skies by Wadjet Eye Games
Open Roads to be published by Annapurna
Phonopolis by Amanita (release at best end of 2024 or 2025)
Rise of the Golden Idol, sequel to The Case of the Golden Idol by Color Gray Games
The Wolf Among Us 2 by TellTale Games

Please add as many games as you like!

Question: Does anyone know what happened to Technobabylon Birthright? It seems to have disappeared into thin air.  Cry

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The Season of the Warlock

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I would add these:

An English Haunting by Postmodern Games (Nightmare Frames). Demo available.
3 Minutes to Midnight
The Season of the Warlock by a friend of mine Smile Demo available.
Rosewater by Francisco González (Shardlight, Lamplight City)
Captain Disaster and The Two Worlds of Riskara by Dave Seaman (CaptainD here in AG forums)
Harold Halibut
Death of the Reprobate by Joe Richardson (The Procession to Calvary, Four Last Things)
Prim

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 17 December 2023 10:34 AM

Question: Does anyone know what happened to Technobabylon Birthright? It seems to have disappeared into thin air.  Cry

Yeah, I heard that James Hearden suffered from some health issues and the game is in stand by, probably permanently…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Miegakure
Phonopolis
We Stay Behind

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

We Stay Behind
Foolish Mortals
Dead Drop (MDNA Games)

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

A lot of interesting games mentioned already.
Here are some others that I quickly found from my Steam wishlist:

Aboard the Adventure by Chenke Games (demo available)
Casebook 1899 - The Leipzig Murders by Homo Narrans Studio (demo available)
Cradlemoor by TallHead
Detective Dotson by Masala Games Private Limited (demo available)
Elroy And The Aliens by Motiviti
Evil Dreams by Fitbie
Last Time I Saw You by Maboroshi Artworks (demo available)
The Lawyer - Episode 1: The White Bag by ManyDev Studio (demo available)
The Legend of Skye by Point & Pixel Adventures (demo no longer available on Steam, but it exists)
Loco Motive by Robust Games
Mindlock - The Apartment by Roof Cut Media
The M/S Cornelia II Incident by OK_boom
M.S. Salmon by SoybloQ
Murder On Space Station 52 by Made From Strings (demo available)
Port Valley by WrongPixel (demo available)
Ramas’ Call: Twisted timing by One Of Us Studios LLC (demo available)
Simon The Sorcerer Origins by Smallthing Studios
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley by Hyper Games (demo available)
Splittown by All-Seeing Eye (demo available)
They Are Here: Alien Abduction Horror by DEKLAZON (demo available)
Twilight Oracle by Cosmic Void (demo available)
Under The Snow by Daniel Halat
Unreachable by LOST ART STUDIOS LTD. (demo available)
Wonderland Quest by Funky Forest

Those with a quick browse-through.
With a more thorough search there would be more to add (and some to remove, I guess, but all these have been scheduled for 2024 at some point).

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 17 December 2023 11:24 AM
Karlok - 17 December 2023 10:34 AM

Yeah, I heard that James Hearden suffered from some health issues and the game is in stand by, probably permanently…

That’s too bad, Technobabylon was a great game.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yes it was. I translated it into Spanish and it is one of my favourites this century.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

As always, not really following any game releases, but I’m looking forward to those games I was told to expect this year or just heard about recently: both Broken Swords, Phonopolis by Amanita (really want to see this game in action), Gobliins 6, Dreamsettler (the sequel to Hypnospace: Outlaw), Foolish Mortals, and, of course, Asylum, a 100% masterpiece which is definitely coming next year Money Mouth The rest I’m likely to pick up from the reviews and recommendations.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

For me, without a doubt, it’s the recently delayed Rosewater, from Francisco Gonzales/Grundislav games. I love the stories he tells and the way he tells them, and the western theme of Rosewater is a favorite of mine. Been looking forward to this game for 2 years now, and it can’t come soon enough. This and Dragon Quest XII are the only games I’m specifically looking forward to in 2024, although I’m sure there are many other really good ones on the way that I’ll enjoy too.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Prim has already been mentioned but I’ll mention it again as I was a Kickstarter backer as I was for 3 Minutes To Midnight though things have gone a little quiet there Neutral
Also looking forward to one I was a heavy backer (at Big Box Level) for and that’s Near-Mage

But the one I’m most looking forward to is True Fear - Forsaken Souls Part 3
The first of the trilogy was Casual Heavy or Adventure Light depending on your point of view. The second was much more Adventure/Adventure Light with Casual aspects. The third has been having a chequered history. The first two games were massively well received and the 3rd part has been looked forward to by very many people - obviously myself included. But Dimmie, the creator at Goblinz, has had quite a number of personal problems including alcoholism from what he’s written, Covid of course and being a Russian living in Paris at the time of the Ukraine invasion wouldn’t have helped. Add in the obligatory finance problems and it’s been years in the waiting but it’s now slated for Summer 2024. From what I can gather it looks like it’s going to be a full-blown adventure; after all how many adventure games have in excess of 40 cutscenes and is costing 4 times the amount spent on part 1 and the artwork is downright gorgeous!
Ok, enough of the sales pitch Sarcastic

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

A few games I’ve been anticipating have already been mentioned, like Between Horizons and The Mermaid’s Tongue. Another I’m looking forward to is Heir of the Dog, from the developers of the excellent Lucy Dreaming. I’ve also had Nairi: Rising Tide on my wishlist for what seems like years so not holding out much hope for that to be released anytime soon.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 124

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Not looking forward to any title, I see nothing that interests me, except Riven remake, which I doubt will come next year, that being said maybe Old Skies might grab me but I am not holding my breath

A1

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Charophycean - 17 December 2023 05:08 PM

A few games I’ve been anticipating have already been mentioned, like Between Horizons and The Mermaid’s Tongue. Another I’m looking forward to is Heir of the Dog, from the developers of the excellent Lucy Dreaming. I’ve also had Nairi: Rising Tide on my wishlist for what seems like years so not holding out much hope for that to be released anytime soon.

Ah! I forgot about Heir of the Dog! This will be a release-day purchase for me. Lucy Dreaming was one of my favorite games of 2022, adventure or otherwise. Sooo funny, excellent story, brilliant ending, challenging, likeable characters, imaginative, really nothing not to love. So yeah, can’t wait for Heir of the Dog. Maybe I’ll replay Lucy again while I wait.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I have a list of upcoming adventures. 65 of them have been announced for 2024 so far, others may or may not follow. We’ll see how many are going to be good, but here are some of my most wanted that (I think) haven’t been mentioned yet:

-The Night is Grey (January, 5th)
-The Mine (January, 16th)
-Twilight Oracle (January 30th)
-Divisadero (Febuary 29th)
-Loco Motive
-A Trail of Ooze
-Aurora: The Lost Medaillon - The Cave
-Project Operator
-Sleepytime Village
-Star Commander - The Sentinel
-Nascence
-True Virus
-Octopus City Blues
-Murder on Space Station 52
-The Wolf is Dead
-Mindlock - The Apartment

So, to sum things up, next year is going to be very expensive.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top