• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 4 and Gray Matter 2 teased by Robert Holmes

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2008-05-07

PM

Charophycean - 18 April 2023 06:26 PM

(not that it would do them much good with the sorry state of my finances, but it’s the thought that counts, right?)

Totally! And you’re far from alone there. I think Jane and Robert have had a habit of underestimating just how much a fourth GK game would motivate their base in a way that… well, just hasn’t been tested in the last couple decades.

Fan petitions and side projects (like music albums, and even the GK1 remake) are not a reliable barometer of what real GK4 hype would look like. I’m just glad they’ve started coming round to looking at things more optimistically again.

I really like that they’ve been going all-in on “we want to do GK4” messaging in interviews over the past several months, and I don’t think they’d have made so many of those statements if they thought there wasn’t a good chance.

creator of TV series & FMV game Fogtown, a loving homage to Sherlock Holmes (made with puppets)

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

A bit off topic but I was watching the game grumps play through Gabriel Knight remake and once again I actually really enjoy the new voice actor for Gabriel so much more than Tim curry. He comes off way more likable and way less skeezy even though I know that’s kind of how the character was written, but he’s just so much less cartoony to me, then what Tim Curry did. I just watched the scene between him and Geddy when they first truly meet in her house after he lies about being a detective and while it’s still a little bit much, it is so less jarring than Tim Curry’s over the top fake southern accent to me.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

You know, this glimpse of hope is the reason why I cheered when Microsoft purchased Activision/Blizzard. Well, this and the other Sierra games.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2005-03-08

PM

Only recently heard about this.

Let’s put it this way: If they can’t make it happen now, it’s never.

Why? Because Microsoft more recent had been in full support for the most niche narrative project you can possibly think of. One that wouldn’t have reached an even modest funding goal had it been an early 2010s Kickstarter:

Pentiment.

And it’s not merely Pentiment. They’ve been looking for all kinds of stuff to expand their Game Pass. As Obsidian’s Josh Sawyer argued, Pentiment wouldn’t exist without it. The times, they are a-changed. A lot.

https://www.eurogamer.net/pentiment-wouldnt-have-been-possible-without-game-pass-says-obsidians-josh-sawyer

So fingers crossed and Schattenjäger talismans kept ready. Can’t leave Gabe (and Grace) hanging just like that. =(

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top