• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disney has bought Lucasfilm/Lucasarts

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-07-06

PM

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

Wonder what this will mean for the IP:s like Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Maniac Mansion

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i want to say it could mean something… but im not especially optimistic considering its disney. It would be nice though if somebody there realized they could make some $ letting them be digitally distributed.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finally they can rename that boat ride in their park as Monkey Island instead of just ripping it off Smile

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I want to say something snarky, but Disney has not treated Pixar and Marvel too poorly since they bought them, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to do something more interesting with Lucasfilm and LucasArts than that old hack Lucas has done in the past 15 years.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

zane - 30 October 2012 05:07 PM

i want to say it could mean something… but im not especially optimistic considering its disney. It would be nice though if somebody there realized they could make some $ letting them be digitally distributed.

Some of Lucasarts older adventure games could be purchased on Steam, its possible Disney would take a look at the game catalog of its new purchase and decide to expand the games available for sell.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Does that mean old hack Lucas wont remake Star wars and Indy anymore,good news then?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

The same day hurricane Sandy struck…coincidence or not?Something’s hidden here…a big conspiracy…

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Somehow I feel that Disney was mainly thinking “Star Wars” with this purchase, so I don’t really believe this’ll help us much…

But we can always hope… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Taken from my post on another website on the same topic.

“A lot of Disney’s new films have the Lucasfilm feel. First started with Prince of Persia, which in addition the the way the film is made, the poster design has that sort of unique artistic look that you can recognize is made by the same studio, which in its own feels like the 70’s 80’s. Then John Carter.

I think it was about time it happened. Disney doesn’t make kitty films. They make family films, a lot which even have adult humor. Did every miss out on Pirates of the Caribbean? That wasn’t kitty, it was an adventure.

For all we know, Disney might just set things right and make films like the original trilogy, not the craptacular new trilogy.

Disney also owns pixar which is the best CG film studios. Second is Blur. “

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Hurray! Now we can finally have Manny and Guybrush run around with giant Keyswords in the next Kingdom Hearts ;-)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Something good may come of this. My fingers are crossed.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I consider this good news. LucasArts hasn’t been relevant to me for ten years while Disney has always had a positive presence in gaming. Just re-releasing the old LucasArts library would be doing more than enough.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Is Disney owning them is going to make them make more adventures?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Disney does help a lot with financing too so its a HUGE PLUS.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 30 October 2012 07:39 PM

Hurray! Now we can finally have Manny and Guybrush run around with giant Keyswords in the next Kingdom Hearts ;-)

I don’t know if this is sarcasm or not, but that would be awesome. BTW they are called KeyBlades. Tongue

I’d love to see a Grim Fandango film/cartoon though. Grin Or even the rebirth of the Sam & Max show. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Unless I have misunderstood, I think Disney have only bought LucasFILM rather than Lucasarts and therefore the position with games is likely to remain unchanged.

EDIT: Actually I’m fairly sure I’m wrong as Lucasarts is a subsidiary of Lucasfilm.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-31

PM

Bring Indy back!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top