• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

sheep is a key (C64) - short & simple, it’s over before you wish it to be.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

red matter 2 (vr) - i very much enjoyed the first one, sadly this one didn’t work for me (music, story, writing, conversations etc.).

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

meteor - 19 August 2022 08:23 AM

red matter 2 (vr) - i very much enjoyed the first one, sadly this one didn’t work for me (music, story, writing, conversations etc.).

Too bad to read you didn’t like Red Matter 2. I loved the first one too and I’m really looking forward to pick up this one.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Give it a try, maybe it’s your type of game.

It seemed to be one of the obvious VR-highlights this year. If you take a look at VR-reviews, they rave about it.

I was expecting nice graphics, an okayish sf story, atmosphere, nice puzzles, exploration and some action. The game is looking good (although it’s not my type of style and on Quest 2 a few textures lack in resolution). You have two arms now and a small inventory. The game features nice shaders and stuff, but overall it feels shallow, the level design can be boring, the communication is annoying (I enjoy better writing and don’t mind some silence) and the puzzles can be mediocre. I missed the feeling of being in a world I enjoy. It felt more like a set of isolated levels, showing off some eye candy but without using their potential, in which I needed to perform certain tasks in order to proceed. Blabla. The default steering setting isn’t good. It’s not the worst VR game ever but just not what I was looking forward to.

On the bright side I did not expect anything from Myst VR and it was a blast. Next stop: Bonelab.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Thanks for the more elaborative review. Yes, I saw many glowing reviews, so I’ll definitely give it chance. Hope I won’t be disappointed, as I really loved the first one.
I have Myst VR on my backlog along with MOSS2 too. Actually, I’m waiting for the new Meta’s Cambria headset to finally drop to play them all.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Why not. Due to which of Cambria’s feature(s)?

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Higher res screens and especially more comfort (lighter and smaller form factor). If rumours are correct Cambria should drop in September or October, so not much longer to wait anyway.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Based on the known specs, Cambria will have a couple of nice enhancements, but it lacks a next gen SOC and is relatively pricy. If you are focused on games, aren’t into AR, the Quest 3 might be the better option or whatever will be released till then. The Quest 1 was pain. The Quest 2 primary lacks more good games. I still like my Index for throwing stuff. The coming months and the next year could be an interesting time for VR.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’m actually very interested in AR (and might even try to use it for some work), that’s why I’m getting Cambria. It will be quite pricey though.
Agree with you that Quest 3 will be better option for games.

VR is moving fast. Exciting times :)

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Serious stuff excluded, for gaming, I prefer VR over AR, being there. If it’s well done, it’s the next step. I lost my drive to play 3D games (games where you primary move in 3D worlds, first or third person). So, it’s primary VR or 2D games.

Sony said that PSVR 2 will be released early 2023. It would be nice if they had a PS5 Pro ready for the launch as well.

What do you think about possible long term health issues, like, fast Wi-Fi next to your head, eye-tracking, making sport like activities but without using the tools, like, running around in socks on a carpet rather than a court with grip and shoes made for this surface etc.?

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Same here. I pretty much stopped playing games a long time ago. Just didn’t feel like sitting some more in front of a computer after a long day of work. VR brought me back to games. I think it’s great how physical everything is in VR. Many times you don’t even feel like playing a game in a traditional sense. I like it.

As for long term health issues. For sports games… yes, they can be dangerous if you don’t properly warm up before playing them. A friend of mine actually injured his arm, by going full force in a boxing game. Nothing serious, but he got pain in arms for 2 weeks after the VR session.
Other than that, I personally never had any problems, despite using VR since 2013’s Rift DK1. My eye sight is still good and never had any VR related injury.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Yep. One thing I noticed, is, that puzzle/adventure games feel different. It’s more straining to stand, slightly walk around puzzling for a longer time than sitting in front of your screen or lying in your bed. So, nice VR puzzles adapt to this, involve movement into the designs, give proper tools into your hands and also allow you to rest, changing between a standing and sitting position. This allows new ways for puzzle design.

Hmm. I had to make my way through the beginning.

grid pix (C64) - a picross/nonogram (someone on this planet knows, what this means) puzzle game, it was fun.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

tiny quest (C64) - neat jump & run, you might die a couple of times.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Agent A – A Puzzle in Disguise – PC (GoG version)

A short and straight forward puzzle game. Looking forward to playing a sequel if one comes out in the future.

Rating – 7 out of 10

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Down in Bermuda - PC (GoG version)

Another short and straight forward puzzle game by Yak & Co. I slightly prefer their first game instead.

Rating - 6 out of 10

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top