• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I play along with you and i find this game very difficult. Most of the times i progress by pure luck and other times i just try almost every item on everything to progress. While i like the atmosphere i find the game seriously lacking a hint system. Atm i m stuck trying to find a liquid to mix the medicine because the dwarf doesnt like coffee. I suspect from other comments that i need blue juice but not sure how to get that. Also the puzzle with the key at the caffe makes me scratch my head. i have tried everything without success yet.

Total Posts: 5610

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve reached the Hall of Apprentices.  Jerry has been a very helpful boy!  The most difficult part for me was figuring out how to get Humbert to let the boat pass under the bridge.  I had the solution in my inventory, but I kept ignoring it because of its shape.  Other than getting turned around a couple of times and hearing a few dialogue snippets that didn’t quite fit, I didn’t have any gameplay problems.

Nico,
-The back door isn’t always locked.
-If your coin has a string, find a vending machine.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Thanks Lady kestrel. I managed to get the Hall of Apprentices also. Still havent managed to get into the gardens but thats probably a puzzle for next chapter.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d loved to have taken part in this playthrough to see whether it would have inspired me to progress & finish the game.
I confess to getting quite a way through the game & got so thoroughly bored I stopped playing!
So I am following this thread as & when to see what others think.  Smile

Total Posts: 1662

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I enjoyed the 1st half, but i have already fallen off, after learning a couple of spells, basically no game can hold my attention for that long lately. Also i found the mini card game to be very tedious. The game does in fact become one fetch quest after another. That didnt bother me in the 1st part, but now im bored much like chrissie got.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

I have been following the thread closely so far, and find it strange that anyone would complain about this game’s gameplaying, it might not be the greatest, but it is definitely the next big thing unless some could be late to the party, and I mean it hasn’t the same effect now it had on adventurers more than 10 years ago, or maybe the last decade somehow had soften or even twisted the classic adventure gaming perception, and we might have gotten a bit soft with a fully loaded adventure with puzzles after puzzles.

A1

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

luckyloser - 14 October 2023 08:40 PM

I have been following the thread closely so far, and find it strange that anyone would complain about this game’s gameplaying, it might not be the greatest, but it is definitely the next big thing unless some could be late to the party, and I mean it hasn’t the same effect now it had on adventurers more than 10 years ago, or maybe the last decade somehow had soften or even twisted the classic adventure gaming perception, and we might have gotten a bit soft with a fully loaded adventure with puzzles after puzzles.

I love good puzzles, i dont find these to be that good, especially with lame payoffs to me. The first spell you get is to talk to rocks, exactly what every young magicians wants to do, not lol. Plus the clearly lizards walking around in human mask are lame to me. i really enjoyed the 1st chapter, but they went to the well too many times with the same type of puzzle loops, combined with insufficient payoffs to me. It is a delicate balance that dadeliac (sp) have always had issues with nailing down.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 October 2023 06:19 PM

I enjoyed the 1st half, but i have already fallen off, after learning a couple of spells, basically no game can hold my attention for that long lately. Also i found the mini card game to be very tedious. The game does in fact become one fetch quest after another. That didnt bother me in the 1st part, but now im bored much like chrissie got.

I played a bit further (since we had a 13th October deadline), and I actually find the cards mini-game quite fun once you figure out the strategy behind it. I challenge every opponent I meet and manage to win even without the additional cards. Although it makes me wonder whether I’m supposed to win it “by luck”, as they claim, or should I find all the missing cards first for the achievement to work.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Doom - 14 October 2023 09:01 PM
Jdawg445 - 14 October 2023 06:19 PM

I played a bit further (since we had a 13th October deadline), and I actually find the cards mini-game quite fun once you figure out the strategy behind it. I challenge every opponent I meet and manage to win even without the additional cards. Although it makes me wonder whether I’m supposed to win it “by luck”, as they claim, or should I find all the missing cards first for the achievement to work.

Im glad you like it, but the card game goes so slow each time, not much skill required, just a glorified version of the card game “go fish.” I dont find the game hard, just mostly luck based. My issues with the card game is the slow pace of it, and the un-originality of the game itself. I loved gwent in the witcher, but this just doest do much for me. And the two main quest, in chapter 2 that i have done was also meh to me, so i put the game down. Oh well.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

It’s called “different tastes"and has nothing to do with getting soft. The only games by Daedalic that I thought were marvelous is the one on my avatar and its predecessor - I never cared for the rest.
I wouldn’t call The Night of The Rabbit “next big thing” with all the games we have around. Here’s a thread where we all voted for our own top 100:

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/15781/

I believe I saw that out of 33 people voting, only 4 had that game make it into their tops, which is not to say that it isn’t a good one, but it is to say it’s not considered some kinda pinnacle of game-making (like when you see how many people voted for, say, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword or Obra Dinn), so I’m not surprised with the comments here. So far I think it’s delicious visually and I like the sound, but the puzzles were a grocery list of fetch-quests that wasn’t all that exciting. I’m looking forward to continue with this but I can absolutely see how people might find this boring.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 October 2023 08:54 PM

The first spell you get is to talk to rocks, exactly what every young magicians wants to do, not lol. Plus the clearly lizards walking around in human mask are lame to me. i really enjoyed the 1st chapter, but they went to the well too many times with the same type of puzzle loops, combined with insufficient payoffs to me.

I can’t say anything to this part but you will have to wait and see, you might change your mind as you finish the adventure.

DCast - 14 October 2023 09:37 PM

The only games by Daedalic that I thought were marvelous is the one on my avatar and its predecessor - I never cared for the rest.

Yeah, those two are the greatest Wink

A1

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

DCast - 14 October 2023 09:37 PM

It’s called “different tastes"and has nothing to do with getting soft. The only games by Daedalic that I thought were marvelous is the one on my avatar and its predecessor - I never cared for the rest.
I wouldn’t call The Night of The Rabbit “next big thing” with all the games we have around. Here’s a thread where we all voted for our own top 100:

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/15781/

I believe I saw that out of 33 people voting, only 4 had that game make it into their tops, which is not to say that it isn’t a good one, but it is to say it’s not considered some kinda pinnacle of game-making (like when you see how many people voted for, say, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword or Obra Dinn), so I’m not surprised with the comments here. So far I think it’s delicious visually and I like the sound, but the puzzles were a grocery list of fetch-quests that wasn’t all that exciting. I’m looking forward to continue with this but I can absolutely see how people might find this boring.

visually the game is beautiful, I agree. I guess I just expected more of a ramp up for chapter 2, or the game just go in the complete opposite direction and have no true antagonist and the whole game is based around learning this new world and characters and becoming a magician. Instead we get this kind of hodgepodge of both and it doesn’t work for me. Plus I cant exactly explain why the grocery list in chapter one didn’t bother me but now in chapter 2, i find it mind numbing.

I think maybe because the true fetch quest puzzles were about back to back, first find all the ingredients for a cold remedy and thenfind all ingredients for a cake. My other issue is on one hand I commend the Developers for adding little extra things like find the missing cards and find all the droplets and other Easter eggs. By the same time I wish they would have spent more time on the puzzles AKA the meat of the game. It is the same kind of issues i have with all the Assassin’s Creed games, it’s more about, collecting all the feathers and different things in each game than actually progressing the story and characters, at least to me.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I apologize for the slight delay on the schedule. I was facing technical difficulties with my laptop the last 2 days and I was not able to connect to my account. I did saw though that the grand majority of you managed to find your way around Mousewood and to the Hall of Apprentices. Time for some real magic then!!!  Naughty  Naughty  Naughty
You have 10 days (until the 25th of October to find the 2 portal trees, complete their worlds within and find your first 2 true spells (as opposed to that useless “Help Guide” we have).

Until then, may you never meet any more crows in your path!! Also, isn’t Ursula just adorable?

EDIT: As I am replaying the game, my wife still continues to be extremely sus of the Marquis.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Since the game is so gorgeous, I can’t help but save some moments of the chapter.

We met the City Council….

Spared a fair share of time in the Bakery….

Found the most annoying character in the game (please tell me I am not the only one who tried the stick on him)....

Went on a magic hunt!!!

And on a leafboat sail!!!

Helped the mailman and discovered the waypoint system!!

And if you are not yet impressed…... then BAH!!!

Total Posts: 5610

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I didn’t try the stick on Humbert, but I thought seriously about pushing him into the water.  Laughing

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top