• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A very long journey - playing the top 100 All-Time Adventure Games

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2022-08-28

PM

It has been well over a year since I got the crazy idea of playing the top 100 adventure games and… well.. I finally finished Titanic: Adventure Out of Time! I wish I had a way to travel back in time, maybe I’ll find a way to reserve more time for adventures?

I was a bit sceptic when starting this game because I’m not fond of multiple endings; Being a completionist, replaying the game several times can get very tedious. However, since I had enough save games (one benefit of random crashes, are there more?) I never had to go that far back. After I figured out what to do, I could get the “perfect ending” in one sitting, with no witnesses to the sweat stains under my armpits.

The game is pretty relaxing until… the iceberg! (That can’t be a spoiler, right?) Things get more urgent. The first time I screamed. In a panic trying to flee the sinking ship, I got on the first lifeboat I could get my hands on. Forget about my mission, I’m going home with the Gorse-Joneses!

I did really enjoy the game, I loved the characters and their gossip. Daisy, of course, was my favourite. The poor girl, I really wish I could have saved her Cry. The puzzles suited the story quite well and were challenging enough for my taste. The hints to move the game forward are more obvious on a replay, but I still got a smug sense of accomplishment. Cool

Now up to the next game, 99 games left on the wall and I’m not getting any younger. It will have to wait for another day, my boyfriend hijacked my PC to play red alert 3. Funny side note: that game also makes use of a time machine.  Leading to my random question: If you would have access to a time machine, when would you go?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Juno - 02 October 2023 11:46 AM

If you would have access to a time machine, when would you go?

You’ll know the answer when you reach #46.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ve been also going through AG’s top during the past couple of years, unintentionally and in no particular order as I’ve been haunting down some promising games I always wanted to play. Have yet to experience Titanic, although I see it’s available on GOG and Steam which is great. I also read a nice and in-depth, as usual, article by the Digital Antiquarian about the developer of Titanic and some other games just not long ago, highly recommended: https://www.filfre.net/2022/10/titanic-visions-part-3-an-adventure-out-of-time/ As for the question, I would’ve probably gone back to the simpler times of the 80s when there was still place for adventure instead of endless wars, conflicts and mass hysteria.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I loved the characters and puzzles in Titanic.  I think it took me 3 tries before I got the idealized ending.  I also remember panicking and not knowing what to do when we hit the iceberg.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Juno - 02 October 2023 11:46 AM

Leading to my random question: If you would have access to a time machine, when would you go?

I’d go to 3023, when scientists have found the key to eternal life. Then I’d have enough time to play the Top 1000 adventure games.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’m perfectly happy to be in the time we’re in right now actually, despite things/movements happening in the world that don’t exactly bode well for the future of humankind. But I have begun daydreaming about retiring or at least semi-retiring from work in a not too distant future and only do things I really enjoy, playing adventure games being high up on the list.

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time was one of the first games I ever played. Probably the fourth or fifth after Myst, Broken Sword and Gabriel Knight 2 (and possibly Lighthouse: The Dark Being). Bought it when it came out and played it on my Mac. Enjoyed it a lot, but there are lots of things in the story that are easily missed unless you are the right place at the right time. If memory serves you can also do things that prevent the perfect ending pretty early in the game. It’s a highly replayable game as a result. It’s definitely on my list of games to replay soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top