• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Kurufinwe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2005 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2005 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 54
80 Days
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None
Bone Act 1: Out from Boneville
Carol Reed: Hope Springs Eternal
Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern
Myst 5: End of Ages
Nibiru: Age of Secrets
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Still Life
Trace Memory
Voyage
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Origami - 18 January 2016 06:50 PM

80 days?
Didn’t that game come out in 2014?

I voted for Phoenix Wright.

This is the bad 80 days. The good one came in 2014.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jerry - 18 January 2016 04:28 PM

While Still Life was very atmospheric, I remember you do very little investigating for what is basically a detective story. I remember a cooking puzzle and several other logic puzzles, but none of them felt in any way integrated in the story.

So I went with Phoenix Wright. While the humour was often very childish, its just so much fun unravelling the facts of each case.

I’m not sure I agree with you, but even if we disagree, Still Life came from Post Mortem.

I tend to like games that have some sort of heritage. 

If it hadn’t been for Syberia 1, Post Mortem would have been my choice, which, for me, almost demands a Still Life vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think Ace Attorney aged much better than Still Life. I thought Still Life suffered from tonal issues - the game featured really grim themes and art design that were undermined by silly dialogue. Better than average for this period though.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Rhem 2, easily.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I still haven’t played Rhem 2. I should.
A tricky decision, this one. I love the Phoenix Wright games and their unusual take on the Adventure genre (and the characters, the sense of logic and the running jokes about stepladders).
But Voyage (or Journey To The Moon) also presented an unusual take on the genre - a focus on exploration and experimentation, where you felt you were actually trying to solve problems using the resources at hand, and got sensible feedback when you tried the ‘wrong’ thing. A graphic adventure designed more systematically like the great text games, rather than an animated movie that stops every so often while you try to guess (or look up) what hoops the designer wanted you to jump through next. In a world where Syberia and Secret Files get mostly positive reviews we really need more games like this, so it gets my vote.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top