• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2015 preliminary roundup

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-11-11

PM

subbi - 17 November 2015 07:39 AM

Isn’t Tales of the Borderlands missing from this overview?

Yes, it is, but not intended, maybe forgotten because I haven’t played (yet)... but thanks Mr.Subi for pointing out.

Love your Avatar BTW, as choosing D-Niro, Holds the three godfathers (imho) in just one , Marlon Brando,(for being what De-Niro represents; the young Marlon Brando) - De-Niro(for whom he himself represent, the young Vito Corleone/Marlon Brando) , Al-Pacino (for what he is represented with the photo by being The son/the godfather of the two Godfathers Robert De Niro/The youngCorleone (Shown). Marlon Brando/The Old Corleone (pointed metaphorically at)

So here we have three Corleone(s) The Young, The Middle (the MAIN) and The Old.

Or I am just drifted (tripping out of my love of the God Father) with my thought, tooo far away, and you might never even thought of anything of all this bull, I am blathering about , Grin Crazy , and maybe its JUST that you love D-Niro (period)  HEHHE

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2015-01-31

PM

Looking at this two months later out of curiosity, I’d say the only game I would add to the list now is Aviary Attorney. Normally I don’t play investigation-style games, but that one is brilliant. Incidentally, AA makes it very simple to restart the game from any important checkpoint. Compare this to King’s Quest, which invites the user to experiment with choices but doesn’t offer any simple way to replay those choices.

I didn’t comment on Telltale or solitary exploration titles because those are simply not my kind of games. Stasis tries to play by the rules of the classic adventure games, so there I can argue why it’s a very poorly done adventure game, according to those standards. But it would be pointless if I started to judge solitary exploration games, when the whole genre is just not my cup of tea.

I was feeling a bit concerned that in a short while we may have nothing to play except visual novels and solitary exploration games, but for now I think we’re okay Smile.

Also would add the Main Disappointment of the Year nomination: no Kentucky Route Zero.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

When do the votes start for the Aggie - Readers Choice?
Or have I missed it?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Aggies are going to be posted later this month. You haven’t missed it, it’s coming! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

That’s great news!  I look forward to the Aggies every year!  Laughing

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Another game I don’t see listed…
PAGODA lists Carol Reed: Shades of Black as a 2015 release.
http://www.pagodagamedatabase.com/year.php?year=2015

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

While there are many worthy candidates, this is going to be a tough year. Separating the wheat from the chaff, i.e., stand-alone v. episodic; console v. PC/Mac. And even within the last category, there is desktop v. mobile device.

While I have some thoughts, it is WAY to early to make a definitive decision. I’ll wait and see how the various categories play out before making a choice. There is always the chance that the best game of the year will be a PS3 episodic game that I will never play because I don’t own consoles and I don’t play episodic games,

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top