• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRoseSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lost interest in adventure gaming

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Only thing that I can think of in my own life that’s comparable to what you’re going through happened after I graduated from college. I was an English Literature major. Junior and senior year I was reading close to 2000 pages a week. When I left school I was so burnt out with reading that it was close to seven years before I was able to pick up a book and read it for pleasure. It happens. Why shouldn’t getting burned out on adventure games be any different?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I can see getting burnt out on traditional point and click adventure games. Playing them over and over again could get very old.

Fortunately today the adventure game genre has a huge variety of games under it - from telltale interactive games to touch screen visual novel type games on the Nintendo ds and PSVITA and of course all the indie adventure games like The Cat Lady - I myself tend to switch adventure game styles when I get burnt out on one type.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah, I feel like taking a small break from more puzzle heavy adventures myself. Gonna focus more on VNs and maybe MMOs for a while.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I find that the setting I play adventure games in matters a lot. I enjoy them much more when I play lounging in my bed with a laptop, rather than on a desktop.

Also I think the internet in general has shortened all our attention spans. Before I had the internet I was much more motivated to play Adventure Games (and read books).

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

I went through this just last month. It’s a rarity, but it does happen. I just got disappointed with several adventure games in a row and/or rage quit them, so to stop myself from throwing my computer out the window, I decided to switch genres and played a few casual games and that seemed to do the trick.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Two months away from adventures hardly even seems worth noting to me. To me, my fandom for the genre was never about needing to constantly play new adventures, it was just because so many of my favorite games were adventures.

Lately, Dreamfall Chapters and Life is Strange have been my go-tos, and the episodic thing means I get to keep coming back. Armikrog just around the corner too.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the good news, it turned out to be shorter than i expected! Wink

i think i need to remind myself (in future) or anyone going through this (or similar) phase, stop demanding yourself to finish an adventure you had lost interest in it while playing, just because you have started it, and would feel bad to put aside! this can easily burn you out!

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Advie - 22 September 2015 08:31 PM

the good news, it turned out to be shorter than i expected! Wink

i think i need to remind myself (in future) or anyone going through this (or similar) phase, stop demanding yourself to finish an adventure you had lost interest in it while playing, just because you have started it, and would feel bad to put aside! this can easily burn you out!

That is really good advice!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top