• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry series

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Krazy - 10 October 2014 02:02 AM

Yeah, caring about things is dumb and the 1990’s were perfect and we shouldn’t try to better ourselves in any possible way.

Definition of better is very very different to different people, so how come that someone else can decide in my name what is better for me other than myself?

And that is a crucial point.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

Bogi - 12 October 2014 05:41 PM
Krazy - 10 October 2014 02:02 AM

Yeah, caring about things is dumb and the 1990’s were perfect and we shouldn’t try to better ourselves in any possible way.

Definition of better is very very different to different people, so how come that someone else can decide in my name what is better for me other than myself?

And that is a crucial point.

I dunno I think treating people better is better. But you’re free to choose to believe a different thing.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Krazy - 13 October 2014 12:44 AM

I dunno I think treating people better is better. But you’re free to choose to believe a different thing.

Treating people better IS better.
But we’re talking about a satirically humourous video game here. Political correctness does not apply here (and would only hurt the game and its humour).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

TimovieMan - 13 October 2014 06:38 AM
Krazy - 13 October 2014 12:44 AM

Treating people better IS better.
But we’re talking about a satirically humourous video game here. Political correctness does not apply here (and would only hurt the game and its humour).

Being a satirical humourous video game shouldn’t give it a free pass. The old games got away with a lot of questionable shit like in Larry 6 where Larry kisses a transwoman and then gets disgusted when he finds out she is one. Then its implied she forcibly has sex with him; cut to Larry disgustedly brushing his teeth and drinking mouthwash in the morning. I don’t think that is or ever was cool! A lot of stuff from the 90’s got away with a lot of abhorrent stuff that maybe it shouldn’t have and I don’t see how it’s a bad thing that more people are less willing to let such things slide today. But anyway, with Larry Reloaded no one stopped the game from being made, but you can’t get angry at people being critical of it. No piece of media should just have a ‘free ride’ and I don’t think looking critically at media should be thought of as censorship. The implication that this is some kind of dark age is ridiculous.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Krazy - 13 October 2014 09:06 AM

Being a satirical humourous video game shouldn’t give it a free pass. The old games got away with a lot of questionable shit like in Larry 6 where Larry kisses a transwoman and then gets disgusted when he finds out she is one. Then its implied she forcibly has sex with him; cut to Larry disgustedly brushing his teeth and drinking mouthwash in the morning. I don’t think that is or ever was cool! A lot of stuff from the 90’s got away with a lot of abhorrent stuff that maybe it shouldn’t have and I don’t see how it’s a bad thing that more people are less willing to let such things slide today. But anyway, with Larry Reloaded no one stopped the game from being made, but you can’t get angry at people being critical of it. No piece of media should just have a ‘free ride’ and I don’t think looking critically at media should be thought of as censorship. The implication that this is some kind of dark age is ridiculous.

I shall fight until the last drop of all of my bodily fluids against this kind of dark age inquisition and sugar coated censorship!

This post is a perfect example of how a modern day censorship works: “Stop it, burn it, bury it deep, but don’t censor it, this is a free country isn’t it!?”  Sick

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

Bogi - 13 October 2014 11:52 AM
Krazy - 13 October 2014 09:06 AM

I shall fight until the last drop of all of my bodily fluids against this kind of dark age inquisition and sugar coated censorship!

This post is a perfect example of how a modern day censorship works: “Stop it, burn it, bury it deep, but don’t censor it, this is a free country isn’t it!?”  Sick

What are you talking about? I said it’s fine to have your own opinion, but I also said you can’t get sour about people criticising it which seems to be exactly what you’re doing. There’s no censorship going on. I don’t believe in censorship of any kind but I think you should be able to defend yourself, but it sounds like you’ve chosen to clog your ears and say “LALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU” which I sad.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

You don’t believe in censorship, but that’s exactly how censorship is done today.

You don’t officially ban or outlaw it, just turn on the huge mechanism that will bury that politically incorrect pest alive and cover it with quicklime.

And that will be much more efficient and cleaner than officially banning something which could even increase its popularity. Power to control has been perfected through centuries.

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

Bogi - 13 October 2014 12:03 PM

You don’t believe in censorship, but that’s exactly how censorship is done today.

You don’t officially ban or outlaw it, just turn on the huge mechanism that will bury that politically incorrect pest alive and cover it with quicklime.

And that will be much more efficient and cleaner than officially banning something which could even increase its popularity. Power to control has been perfected through centuries.

Hahaha what the fuck, you actually sound batshit insane in this post.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Well, they burned people at stake for much less “insanity” Wink

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

Bogi - 13 October 2014 12:14 PM

Well, they burned people at stake for much less “insanity” Wink

No one is being burned at the stake today. It’s literally just people talking. Why are you so threatened?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, I kind of agree with Bogi that your statements come off as “I’m against censorship of any kind, but some of the shit in the Larry games should have been censored”... Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

What? I never said it should be censored. All I said was maybe it’s worth being critical of elements of media… What is with this idea that criticising something means that it should be censored?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Krazy - 13 October 2014 01:24 PM

What? I never said it should be censored. All I said was maybe it’s worth being critical of elements of media… What is with this idea that criticising something means that it should be censored?

But your criticisms have been about stuff that has been included in the games which you feel shouldn’t have been. Now, as your opinion, that is all fine and dandy but as your inherent theme is one that says “they shouldn’t have done that” then you are, without any shadow of doubt, advocating a level of censorship upon the game.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-03-25

PM

Jabod - 13 October 2014 01:57 PM
Krazy - 13 October 2014 01:24 PM

But your criticisms have been about stuff that has been included in the games which you feel shouldn’t have been. Now, as your opinion, that is all fine and dandy but as your inherent theme is one that says “they shouldn’t have done that” then you are, without any shadow of doubt, advocating a level of censorship upon the game.

Absolutely not. I never said any of that stuff should be repressed. I was only critical of it. You’re the one implying censorship. I’m not about that… I just think that being critical of media is important… You know you can like something and still criticise elements of it?

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

I’m a masochist… I wanted to add reviews of “those two other games”, so I installed them, played a little and started rolling my eyes. How the heck did they manage to destroy everything Larry was. Larry: Magna Cum Laude was… let’s say playable… barely. But Box Office bust?

“#)$(%=#”?”=!! $)%)$=#(#!

Even when Joel Schumacher made Batman & Robin it wasn’t such a disaster as this two games.
Anyone actually likes Magna Cum and Box office?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top