• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 31 (No change)

Voting closes on January 1.

Any vote that comes in between now and New Year’s Day will be tallied on New Year’s Day.
(I plan on doing some celebrating on New Year’s Eve, and I don’t plan to take a break to check for votes.)  Smile

There’s a strong likelihood of a playoff. Only those games tied for the lead will be in the playoff. If there’s a tie, those games will be announced the morning of January 1, my time. Anybody is eligible to vote in the playoff. Winner will be announced on January 3. The playthrough should start soon after.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!  Cool

5 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, TimovieMan, harald, furgotten)
5 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100, Sefir)
4 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Sefir)
3 VotesNightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky-leader, furgotten, Sefir)
3 Votes Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Becky-leader, Sefir)
2 Votes F.A.C.E.S. (Tim-leader, Sefir)
1 Vote 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan)
1 Vote Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (furgotten)
1 Vote Nearwood (Becky-leader)
Urban Legends: The Maze
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
Dreamland

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

FINAL TALLY as of January 1.

As expected, there is a tie. Only those games tied for the lead are in the playoff. Anybody is eligible to vote in the playoff. You can only vote for one of the games. Winner will be announced on January 3. The playthrough should start soon after.

As I volunteered to lead Wishmaster, I would be hard pressed not to vote for it. (Although I also voted for Time Dreamer. So there can’t be a “loser” in my opinion)  Smile

1 vote E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim - leader)
Time Dreamer

Note: I’m reposting this in case there are some newcomers to the thread. E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster is no longer available on BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website. The Alawar site does not state whether it is playable on Win8.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll vote for Time Dreamer.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A vote for E.P.I.C. Wishmaster.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Time Dreamer

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just quoted myself instead of editing my post.  Feel free to ignore this space.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

E.P.I.C. Wishmaster please.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Playoff tally as of January 1

3 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, furgotten, Becky)
2 Votes Time Dreamer (Becky-non-voting leader) (Lady Kestrel, Sefir)

Note: I’m reposting this in case there are some newcomers to the thread. E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster is no longer available on BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website. The Alawar site does not state whether it is playable on Win8.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I voted for both in the first round and can’t seem to make up my mind now they’re up against each other… Meh

I’ll refrain from voting (or vote for both - whichever rocks your boat)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Per the rules, you can only vote for one. Not sure where voting for neither gets you. I guess a deciding factor might be the cost of the game. I don’t know what the bottom line cost for Wishmaster is at Alawar, v. the Time Dreamer cost at BFG.

I know you said to Sefir on the other thread that the voting for the two playthroughs is different. You will only play the AGCPT if you voted for the game that won. Whereas you will play whatever wins the CCPT vote regardless of how you voted.

If that’s the case, you might as well say “Tim, Becky…choose our next game. Popular opinion doesn’t matter.” I know you don’t believe that.

Besides, Becky came in as a non-voting leader of Time Dreamer. While I, like you, voted for both games.

You’re not going to hurt my feelings if you vote for Time Dreamer. (Although this might be the third or fourth time that Wishmaster has finished second. If it loses this time, I am going to wage a ferocious campaign on its behalf for the next playthrough.) Naughty

As I’ve said before, “Nobody dies.” Vote for the game you think will be most convenient for you to play.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just want to mention that I will also play whatever game is chosen, despite my vote!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 01 January 2015 09:11 PM

If that’s the case, you might as well say “Tim, Becky…choose our next game. Popular opinion doesn’t matter.” I know you don’t believe that.

Well, popular opinion selected these two games, so that’s already covered.
It’s just that in the previous ‘play-offs’ I had a clear favourite and I really don’t this time…

Besides, Becky came in as a non-voting leader of Time Dreamer. While I, like you, voted for both games.

You’re not going to hurt my feelings if you vote for Time Dreamer. (Although this might be the third or fourth time that Wishmaster has finished second. If it loses this time, I am going to wage a ferocious campaign on its behalf for the next playthrough.) Naughty

As I’ve said before, “Nobody dies.” Vote for the game you think will be most convenient for you to play.

You really want me to vote, do you? Tongue

Well then, let the fact that Time Dreamer only has a non-voting leader instead of a voting leader, and the fact that I’ve voted for E.P.I.C.: Wishmaster in more rounds already, be the deciding factors.

My vote goes to E.P.I.C.: Wishmaster.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I haven’t taken part in the votes this time, because I wasn’t sure if I would have time to participate in the playthrough, it now however seems like that will be the case.

I will however still refrain from voting, as it seems wrong to only vote in the tie-breaker, especially since my vote could have avoided the tie-breaker in the first case Wink But I expect to join whatever of the two games that win.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t know whether I’ll have time to keep up but I tried to download Wishmaster from Alawar. Alawar doesn’t seem to have any info so I don’t know whether I’ve got a demo or the full game & also to install it I need to accept Alawar’s search engine which I don’t want to so Goodbye Alawar! Alawar seems to be greatly lacking on info if you want to buy a game from them?

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

chrissie - 02 January 2015 11:38 AM

...also to install it I need to accept Alawar’s search engine which I don’t want to so Goodbye Alawar! Alawar seems to be greatly lacking on info if you want to buy a game from them?

Ouch! Why would they do this? Frustrating.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top