• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Grim Fandango Remastered

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

They are new textures. Just not new models.

If they still have the models etc, it does seem a shame not to freshen the backgrounds up as well.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think most of the optimistic fans overestimated DF’s ability to deliver.

Its fine for DF’s standard.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

nomadsoul - 09 December 2014 08:08 PM

I certainly did Meh I’m still really annoyed there’s no big difference between the old and new character models. Yeah, I get that it’s not a remake and it’s a remaster but don’t understand how the fan mods look better. Even the fan mod made Glottis’ character loads better by making him more curvier instead of the nasty ass, sharp edged polygons what we will have to settle for in the remaster. Grim Fandango deserved a major overhaul in the 3d-model department but I guess Sony wanted to rush it out of the door Meh shame

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

aaroncarney - 09 December 2014 09:38 PM

I certainly did Meh I’m still really annoyed there’s no big difference between the old and new character models. Yeah, I get that it’s not a remake and it’s a remaster but don’t understand how the fan mods look better. Even the fan mod made Glottis’ character loads better by making him more curvier instead of the nasty ass, sharp edged polygons what we will have to settle for in the remaster. Grim Fandango deserved a major overhaul in the 3d-model department but I guess Sony wanted to rush it out of the door Meh shame

To be fair, I can’t say I blame Sony. If they’ve seen how slow and expensive Tim Schafer works, I’d be telling him to be quick about it too Laughing

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

aaroncarney - 09 December 2014 09:38 PM

PSX panel with Scott rohde and Adam boyes shed some light on how the deal came through, Sony basically took the IP before consulting with Tim, and Tim got in wondering heyyy watchhu doing with the IP and then Adam/Tim settled the deal.

Combined with all the substandard 3D graphics efforts of DF and their scheduling, this is probably the only way, not to mention DF has also recently cancelled new IP and fired some employees.

Sony’s other name is Delaystation, Untilldawn was PS3 game and in the oven since 3+years,
plenty of other delays, forcing releases is the last thing Sony does.

Tim is hard guy to work with , his publishing deal with unknown IP went down the flush,
his scheduling was trainwreck with Bobby which resulted in badblood, and boyes actually made some execution with Tim.

Sony deserves all the credit for GF and Day of the testicle. Smile

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

like one of the posters above mentioned, nothing seems to have changed here except the lighting. having said that, i will still definitely buy it.

anybody care to guess how much it will cost? i presume it will be a PS store download only-type deal?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Its going to have a pc version so steam inevitably. I dont think theyv said anything about cost. Probably something like $20

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s up for pre-order on gog.com

http://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered

Price is €11.89 ($14.99?). Good price.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I confirmed with Double Fine - $14.99 will be the regular price (not a preorder discount). Also it’s only coming to PS4, not PS3, which makes me sad. I don’t like sitting at my PC to play games anymore…

Welp, I guess that’ll be something to play when I eventually do get a PS4.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

You could always hook it up to a your TV. That’s what I do anyway…

Price seems fair, so no issues there.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Tad - 13 January 2015 02:42 PM

Price seems fair, so no issues there.

I agree. So much so that, for the first time ever, I’ve pre-ordered a game, outside of Kickstarter that is.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m still undecided in which version to get, PC for the adventure tradition and mouse/keyboard controls, but it should work well with the Dualshock, portable Grim sounds good and it’s PS4/Vita cross-buy and cross-save…

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Episode 3 of The Making of Grim Fandango Remastered is up!

Topics covered:
* the hi-res textures
* the new lighting system
* the developer’s commentary
* the music (Peter McConnell plays guitar on a jazz piece, and the Melbourne Symphony plays a couple of the orchestral pieces)

Seems like they did a great job of getting a lot of the original folks into the studio for the developer commentary. Looking forward to it! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 13 January 2015 04:08 PM

I’m still undecided in which version to get, PC for the adventure tradition and mouse/keyboard controls, but it should work well with the Dualshock, portable Grim sounds good and it’s PS4/Vita cross-buy and cross-save…

I think I’m going for the PS4 version. I usually like playing adventure games on a PC, but the originals controls do lend themselves to a controller.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

What just found out requirements for PC version 4GB Ram any idea why the big difference between the remaster and the original version for the Ram Amount ?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top