• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“Dead Synchronicity” - now on Kickstarter! Demo available!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Finished finally. Man was I stuck in a couple of spots. Great game. Will let it stew for a while before writing more about it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I really liked this one.

The lack of an actual ending obviously came as a huge suprise. If they don’t manage to make a sequel there’s going to be a riot for sure.

Did anybody else play it on Steam and noticed the common thread among the names of the achievements?  Smile

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I managed to get half of the achievements, mostly when I was stuck, trying out some questionable things. Unfortunately I have not watched all of those movies, perhaps I should.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i finished last night, woke up this morning (lalala )) 1st thing thinking of it, i think this game had carved its name into my head already, just one thing that really bothered me when i was recalling the whole experience, these sensations were really really over done, even if they will justify the ending, if they were done like 4-5 all over the game, would have made even a better impression over the ending, and don’t tell me all those were to serve that last puzzle intensity !

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

millenia - 14 April 2015 01:46 AM

I managed to get half of the achievements, mostly when I was stuck, trying out some questionable things. Unfortunately I have not watched all of those movies, perhaps I should.

I got 10 out of 24 achievements. (A watched maybe only 6 of those movies…)

Advie - 14 April 2015 07:12 AM

i finished last night, woke up this morning (lalala )) 1st thing thinking of it, i think this game had carved its name into my head already, just one thing that really bothered me when i was recalling the whole experience, these sensations were really really over done, even if they will justify the ending, if they were done like 4-5 all over the game, would have made even a better impression over the ending, and don’t tell me all those were to serve that last puzzle intensity !

But it was! Smile I do agree that watching the cutscene of the guy hanging himself in Suicide Park 10 times was too much…
I wish there were more time-travel puzzles and not just the last one. Probably for a sequel

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 14 April 2015 07:25 AM

I wish there were more time-travel puzzles and not just the last one. Probably for a sequel

yeah this surprised me. I guess its better that they didnt over-do it for the sake of a puzzle gimmick… but i still wanted more.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I can somewhat agree that the sensations were a bit to frequent at times. But since they only played when you didn’t do anything they helped make everything feel more urgent. But the fact that there wasn’t more puzzles incorporating time travel was a much bigger shame. To claim that one is awaiting the sequel with high anticipations is an understatement. Based on the explanation for The Dead Synchronicity point at the end I anticipate a lot of fun time puzzles.

millenia - 14 April 2015 01:46 AM

I was really suprised that many of my all-time favorites were there. I truly recommend Altered States, Deep Red, The Thing, Jacob’s Ladder and House (if it refers to the Japanese movie).

One can almost assume that more or less all of them are movies or TV-series that inspired them in making the game. Especially La Jetée is very similair (the movie that Gilliams 12 Monkeys are inspired by).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

When that final puzzle arrived, I though now it was time to start exploring all those different sensations, maybe save that man from suicide or something. Neutral(

Some thoughts, sice the Dead Synchonicity point is about time going crazy some of those sensations cold be not only the past but also the future. Some of those visions could be about the future.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wilco - 14 April 2015 12:53 PM

When that final puzzle arrived, I though now it was time to start exploring all those different sensations, maybe save that man from suicide or something. Neutral(

Some thoughts, sice the Dead Synchonicity point is about time going crazy some of those sensations cold be not only the past but also the future. Some of those visions could be about the future.

Since the entire timeline is coming together you could theoretically be able to explore locations and events in any time, from the stone ages to long after humankinds extinction (which apparently is a couple of days from where the game left off). This can open up some great gameplay opportunities with the players main goal being to find the source of the great wave and prevent it. Seems like a pretty likely scenario given Chris’s explanation.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Henke - 14 April 2015 11:31 AM

Especially La Jetée is very similair (the movie that Gilliams 12 Monkeys are inspired by).

I’ve seen both La Jetée and 12 Monkeys and loved them. Still need to check out some of the other classics and “classics” mentioned, but yeah there were a lot of great titles.

wilco - 14 April 2015 12:53 PM

[spoiler]Some of the visions were from the future - actually, the first one already is. It shows Rod’s trailer all blown up/corroded/whatever.[/spoiler]

I could’ve used a few less effects too. Not only that, I managed to get the same cut scene 3 or 4 times (when entering the medical centre). It was great, but I don’t think the player is supposed to see it more than once.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the song played at Hunter’s Bar, sounds so much like The Gone Jackel, i think this would have suited even better http://picosong.com/yUEZ/ Grin

But who is Bill Cox (writer/Singer of that song) and where can i find/download it?

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

just finished it, i liked the puzzles and setting a lot, the story was ok.
I cannot find a guide how to get all achievements, any ideas? I only have 9/24, but I those I did get were random Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Lots of them are like “use this item x times” and then rest I gather are pretty much trying some morbid combinations, the hanged corpses at least hold a bunch of them. I only got half myself when poking around, but I wasn’t actually trying to get them all.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

jaap - 16 April 2015 09:33 AM

just finished it, i liked the puzzles and setting a lot, the story was ok.
I cannot find a guide how to get all achievements, any ideas? I only have 9/24, but I those I did get were random Smile

Achievements Guide

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Dev comments on steam that make me happy:
They say they always envisioned it as 2 parts, and they are in pre-production for part 2 now.
And also that we may be getting a “bonus” surprise soon.
Definitely a strong implication from daedalic mods that we dont have to worry about whether part 2 will come out, its already in the works.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top