• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 February 2016 05:26 PM
wilco - 29 February 2016 05:20 PM

Number 5 is Junpei I think

(VLR spoilers) Isn’t #6 Akane? Junpei is supposed never to have met her again between the events of 999 and VLR. So they shouldn’t be able to both be here, right?

EDIT: Then again, the numbers would match, so you’re probably right. Could #3 be Phi?

Yes, I think #3 is Phi and #9 is Sigma

About the 6 being Akane. Looks like her but I’ve read other theories. Nona?. I need to refresh the ZE lore but I’m waiting for the release date announcement to replay the games.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 29 February 2016 05:45 PM

Looks like her but I’ve read other theories. Nona?.

Who’s Nona? Tongue

I need to refresh the ZE lore but I’m waiting for the release date announcement to replay the games.

Same here. I replayed 999 a few months ago, but I’ve forgotten a lot about VLR and its mind-bending ending. I’ll replay it right before ZTD’s release.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 February 2016 05:59 PM
wilco - 29 February 2016 05:45 PM

Looks like her but I’ve read other theories. Nona?.

Who’s Nona? Tongue

Apparently it’s someone from the first Nonary game

http://zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Nona_Kashiwabara

But theories are running wild at this point so I gave up on trying to follow them Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ll replay it right before ZTD’s release.

Yes, I’m going to have to do this as well. Replaying VLR before playing ZTD is a great idea.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

First Screenshots:

3D characters like VLR, looks ok

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I like the look so far. Its a departure from the other “anime” looks, and that could be refreshing.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Game looks stunning.

I have a question for those who played the first two games.

Regarding the endings of both games, how do the two games compare in setting up a sequel?
Does the first game equally imply that a sequel will be made as the second one?
I am just wondering in terms of trilogy structures.
A lot of movie trilogies always seem to have a well on its own standing first entry and then because of the succes get the idea of making at least two sequels that feel more as one big movie e.g. Back to the Future, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean.
This always irks me in terms of structure.

I am going to play the games regardless ofcourse as they seem right up my alley but I was just wondering….

No spoilers please.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Did they not have money for character design this time? Why are they all looking so criminally bland? Not fond of the Phoenix Online ClunkyTek™ character cel-shading either.Meh

Origami - 09 March 2016 12:32 PM

Regarding the endings of both games, how do the two games compare in setting up a sequel?
A lot of movie trilogies always seem to have a well on its own standing first entry and then because of the succes get the idea of making at least two sequels that feel more as one big movie e.g. Back to the Future, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean.

It’s a similar structure. 999 is mostly its own thing, with some potential hooks for a sequel. VLR spends its last hour setting up the third game.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Game looks stunning.

I have a question for those who played the first two games.

I am going to play the games regardless ofcourse as they seem right up my alley but I was just wondering….

No spoilers please.

As Kuru indicated, the first game is pretty standalone.  It has a few things that can tie into a sequel but not much.  The second game is pretty blatant about setting up a third game though.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

No spoilers please.

The first one has a really WTF ending that clears up a lot of the open threads from the game, but leaves a couple of new ones hanging, hinting at a sequel.

The second ends by giving us a glimpse of past events that need to be resolved in a third game. You get a general resolution for the events in the second game, but a lot of it remains open, so there is a definite need for a third game.

Basically, it’s the same trilogy structure you mention: 999 feels more standalone (but hints at a sequel), where VLR feels more like the first part of a double game.

And I agree with Kuru that the characters in the third game seem to look rather bland. Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Thanks for the replies. But is it as severe as compared to the movies?
Or does the second game give resolutions to some of the events in that game?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 10 March 2016 09:49 AM

Thanks for the replies. But is it as severe as compared to the movies?
Or does the second game give resolutions to some of the events in that game?

Well, it gives resolutions to some of the events in the second game, yes. But most of the time it resolves them by adding another WTF twist that’ll obviously be an important part of a third game.

Basically, if you’re going to take a MASSIVE 80-hour game and split it into two games (VLR can take up to 40+ hours to complete), then really, VLR ended at a good point that clears some of the main mysteries, but still leaves more than enough open to set up the last part.
It’s not as bad as Pirates 2 or Matrix 2, but they spend at least an hour setting the third game up, so it’s not that far off either…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, it gives resolutions to some of the events in the second game, yes. But most of the time it resolves them by adding another WTF twist that’ll obviously be an important part of a third game.

Yes, we really need the third game to bring this series to a proper conclusion. VLR does give you your money’s worth in term of length and I’ve seen used copies on sale for $19.99 which is a deal.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some new stuff:

Official japanese site is up:
http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/zeroescape/index.html

Last character missing was Q:

And the Mastermind (lol at the dog, he will be evil…):

And the teams are now formed:

Team C (look like supermodels):

Team Q (best team):

Team D (Team brain because Phi)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I continue to find the art direction refreshing (even if the plague doctor look is a bit cliche). Its got a darker shade of realism to it. I like it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top