• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I haven’t regretted buying the early access either. I haven’t had so much fun with a game for a long time.  I have had bugs in the first chapter and third, but, between saved games from others and going back to old saves to avoid the bug, I have been able to finish all 3 chapters.  I wasn’t going to buy this game until it was a finished product, but, I just couldn’t wait.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A.A - 12 November 2014 03:26 PM

And it was lovely. As usual. I have 15 hours clocked so far, bearing in mind I’m a SLOW adventurer and there’s been a couple of bugs that have extended gameplay by an hour or two.

Then you are faster than I am, I have just completed chapter 3 and so far it has taken me 18 hours (including a bit extra time because of bugs).

And I have to say this game is just getting funnier and funnier, especially the whole Small Gods part had me laughing out loud. On top of that it is also a fairly difficult game, well written with good graphics - In fact apart from the bugs, I can’t think of a single thing to complain about, if it keeps this up it I will have to give it a perfect 5 out of 5 rating.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I rather enjoyed using the doll. The reaction was priceless. Grin

I do have to say up to this point, the locations you can go to at any one time are a tad more limited than the first game, and I fear it’s going to come to an end all too quickly, as it still feels like there’s quite a bit of story left to cover. I dunno, it just now feels like the adventure has kicked off properly and we’re down to the last 2 chapters. I’m also wondering if we’re going to get more side quests or if that’s something they’ve had to put on the back burner.

But it’s still my favourite adventure of the year (thus far) though.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Well if I did have to find something to complain about, then I agree that the locations are relative small and so far most of the game has taken place inside Seastone - But I personally don’t really mind that. As long as they are packet with puzzles and they come up with new puzzles in the same locations, then I don’t mind that the backgrounds are reused a bit more than we see in most games.

I however don’t really agree that it is just now that the adventure has started to kick off, I believe that it did so already in the second chapter when we learned what was actually going on. I can understand why it may fell so, as it is only now that Wilbur leaves Seastone, and only now that our three protagonists are starting to team up, whereas these things happened earlier in the first game. But I think that this is more a consequence of our main protagonist Wilbur starting right in the centre of the events, whereas the build-up for Wilbur was actually longer in the first game.

It could of course also be a consequence of us playing it as an episodic game, instead of one longer game. There are some things that you pay more attention to when playing it in smaller bits, things that might get drowned in the overall experience if you play it in a few long sittings.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Chapter 4 is out.

I started playing this for the wrong reasons and I’m now up to chapter 3. As someone who was not very entertained by BoUT 1 (I didn’t get very far into it and lost interest) I’m finding this one much more entertaining. Elf princess part at the beginning was not very interesting but after that the Wilbur/Seastone/school of magic began and game started to get a lot more interesting. Some delightful puzzles (time-travel puzzle in library was fun) and characters (Two headed-ogre, troll troll, zombie family) and great length - epic tradicional adventure so far.

I’m starting to think I might have given up on the first game too soon…

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Oh,yes. How far did you get as a matter of interest? The first game is a tad slow-starting from what I remember but it is as epic an adventure as there’s been in recent memory. Lots of crazy characters and puzzling, as much as in 2 at least.

As for BoUT2, Chapter 4 lost a bit of humour due to the more dramatic beats in the story, but that’s to be expected approaching the final part. Still plenty enjoyable.

The returning side character from BoUT1 probably the highlight of Ch. 4.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A.A - 27 December 2014 07:13 PM

Oh,yes. How far did you get as a matter of interest? The first game is a tad slow-starting from what I remember but it is as epic an adventure as there’s been in recent memory. Lots of crazy characters and puzzling, as much as in 2 at least.

Not very far, I think I did the first Wilbur part and not much more. I think I’ll get back to it after this one. From the references to the first game on this one it does seem like I missed a lot of good stuff.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 27 December 2014 07:49 PM

Not very far, I think I did the first Wilbur part and not much more. I think I’ll get back to it after this one. From the references to the first game on this one it does seem like I missed a lot of good stuff.

You definitely gave up too early!
The two games are very similar, so if you like this one, you ought to also love the first one - anything else would just be weird.

I still haven’t gotten around to playing the fourth chapter BTW.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished chapter 4, things are terribly exciting now, can’t wait to see how they’ll resolve in the last chapter. I think The Nate/Han Solo being turned into stone/carbonite might be resolved in a third game like… well… RotJ.

The Ivo/King Tut-Tut thing flew right over me… Probably a reference of the first game?

It was a bit buggy, nothing game-breaking but the pathfinding in the pyramid was all weird with characters crossing the walls and getting stuck and some lines showed up in German.

Iznogood - 13 November 2014 02:51 PM

And I have to say this game is just getting funnier and funnier, especially the whole Small Gods part had me laughing out loud.

That part was really well-done. I wish those characters lasted a bit longer. All those terrible jokes! Grin

I guess I’ll play the first game while I wait for the final chapter!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 29 December 2014 08:13 PM

That part was really well-done. I wish those characters lasted a bit longer. All those terrible jokes! Grin

Fixed your post - You had forgotten to make the connection.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

First review 9/10: “An adventure that is already a classic” can’t wait.M’ILLUMINO FANTASY

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Release trailer

Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

doktor1 - 19 February 2015 08:18 AM

Release trailer

Smile

Hah! A spoof on this song from Dragon Age Inquisition.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Brilliant! Grin

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Iznogood - 19 February 2015 09:28 AM

Hah! A spoof on this song from Dragon Age Inquisition.

Moment when Ivo wants to start solo like Leliana Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top