• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Do you think they can go for Black guy?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Champ lost his final battle.

RIP Ali, you wonderful human being!

Hiddleston as Bond? Charisma, suave and acting chops make him a solid choice, imo.

Idris Elba as Bond? Charisma, cool, sex appeal and acting chops make him an equally solid choice, imo.

I’d be fine with either of them. Both are very high-profile, though. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went for a lesser-known actor.

Gillian Anderson? Now you’re just taking the piss.
Nothing wrong with her as an actress (although I’ve never really been much of a fan), but it’s the concept of it.
Jane Bond? No. Just… no.

Edit:
Luke Evans would be perfect and lower-profile, imo. “Pretty boy” Ben Barnes might be good too. Both are in their mid-thirties.
If they’re going for a tad older, Richard Armitage might be a decent choice, and if they’re going for younger then Jack O’Connell might be an option.

Either Idris Elba or Luke Evans FTW, imo. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Idris Elba would be pretty cool, I also wouldn’t mind a female Bond, or at least a spy franchise starring a woman. I was just saying Gillian because that was the rumour or something.
Of course the “internet” would burn judging by the Ghostbusters reactions so I doubt they would ever take it.
They do need to get Martin Campbell again for the new reboot whoever they choose play Bond.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 06 June 2016 06:55 AM

They do need to get Martin Campbell again for the new reboot whoever they choose play Bond.

Word.

He’s had a career full of mediocre movies, but when he does Bond, he totally nails it AND takes it in a new direction.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Nolan Bond movie either. He’s expressed interest, and he’d also take it in a new direction…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 06 June 2016 07:21 AM

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Nolan Bond movie either. He’s expressed interest, and he’d also take it in a new direction…

Yes! Would want that. Also Danny Boyle

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 18 May 2016 10:08 AM

the problem that bothers most of the series fans that not only Roland (The Gunslinger) is white, but there is a MAJOR character on Roland side through the series who hates white people/men and actually abuses them.. now, it is gonna be demanding to change lots of things.

Being a Gunslinger purist like you Advie, I am very disappointed in their choice for Roland. It destroys the visual in my mind of who Roland is and what he looks like. I would rather skip this movie than be disappointed.  Maybe those who haven’t read the books will enjoy this interpretation.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bonsai - 07 June 2016 08:51 PM
Advie - 18 May 2016 10:08 AM

the problem that bothers most of the series fans that not only Roland (The Gunslinger) is white, but there is a MAJOR character on Roland side through the series who hates white people/men and actually abuses them.. now, it is gonna be demanding to change lots of things.

Being a Gunslinger purist like you Advie, I am very disappointed in their choice for Roland. It destroys the visual in my mind of who Roland is and what he looks like. I would rather skip this movie than be disappointed.  Maybe those who haven’t read the books will enjoy this interpretation.

we still have McConaughey as the perfect role for Walter O’ Dim

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bonsai - 07 June 2016 08:51 PM

These things happen all the time. In the Shawshank Redemption Morgan Freeman isn’t the red haired Irishman from the book yet that movie turned out great.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Elba seems to know how to tackle with DT fans hearts as he posted on twitter “I am Roland, son of Steven, son of Henry, true descendant of Arthur. And I have not forgotten.”

hmmm, hmm.. he touched me, nice one.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Found out today that Anton Yelchin died this weekend in a car crash. Very sad news, he was a promising young actor.
Been following his career somewhat ever since ‘Delivering Milo’ and ‘Hearts in Atlantis’ in 2001/2002.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Today marks the end of both the European Union and the United Kingdom… Frown

The Brexit is a bloody catastrophe…

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

TimovieMan - 24 June 2016 02:19 AM

Today marks the end of both the European Union and the United Kingdom… Frown

The Brexit is a bloody catastrophe…

The European Union can survive without the United Kingdom but the Brits are pretty much f**ed.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Abnaxus - 24 June 2016 02:28 AM

The European Union can survive without the United Kingdom but the Brits are pretty much f**ed.

And you think this isn’t the first domino to fall in the EU? Others are going to exit as well now.
Probably starting with Greece.

And the UK is crumbling as well. There’s undoubtedly going to be another Exit Poll for Scotland. Possibly Northern Ireland as well. And they’ll succeed this time.

It’s stupidity like the Brexit that makes me fear people are legitimately going to be dumb enough to actually elect someone like Trump. In which case we’ll all witness a global economical collapse.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Interesting statistic:

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The UK votes to leave the European Union.

What does that entail?
Any benefit, implications?

Last thing i knew Turkey wanted to get in.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top