• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #67 Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m at the stopping point and am having fun.  I like Nelly’s humor and her side comments.  She’s helpful to others but no pushover, and I got a kick out of her conversation with Jeremy Gannet.  Having been to St. Bonaventure Island (in Canada) where the gannets nest, I do appreciate Jeremy’s comment about the hat’s contents.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 1290

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I reached the stop point. Well, I must admit i entered the cave as I understood we shouldn’t enter the race itself, my bad.

So I didn’t enter the race, I think I solved all the puzzles outside, well, not all because I think I need some items from the cave. I found the boats and destinations puzzle logical. As a kid, I loved those logic problems with people, locations, pets and clues about who lived where and owned which pet.

I love Nelly, I love the fact she defends animals, I like British humour so I am enjoying the game as much as I enjoyed the first game, Spoonbeaks Ahoy! }

About comparisons with Monkey Island, it has nothing to do, the pirate stuff is treated differently (in my opinion) and the game creates its own world (that couple of beared-pirate siblings is a great discovery).

So I can’t wait for more!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 18 July 2021 06:57 PM
giom - 18 July 2021 10:31 AM

Talking about the current part of the playthrough. I enjoyed the puzzle with the boat schedule, I always like puzzles that are based on reading and deduction like this. Not sure what other puzzle can be solved without going to the Toff Race though?

It was a fair logic puzzle. Not as hard as the “Sally wore a green dress. Bill sat two seats to the left of Ernie “-type puzzle, But with an interesting twist. The fixed boards on the left side all start with ‘The’ e.g. The Greasy Chicken for the ship’s names. And the destinations on the right side have no such prefix. So, you would assume that this is the pattern for the missing boards. Not so! The Commodore’s ledger gives you enough clues to fill in three of the remaining six slots. The remainder, unless I missed something, were trial and error. I’ve solved what I think are the other two puzzles in this section, and can’t see what more I can do without entering the race track. (Which I erroneously did already, not understanding where the first endpoint was.)

Replayed it to see how I solved it. I found hints in the logbook for filling 4 of the 6 slots

In Thursday’s log, read the line about The Golden Turbot and see in the docking board, The Golden Turbot was in Dock II
Dock II ship The Golden turbot is replaced by Wild Assertion

In Friday’s log, Moody is helping navigator in Dock VI plot a course to Port Mustard
So, Dock VI destination is Port Mustard

Again in Friday’s log, Delivered charts of Scurilous Docks to HMS Twobyfore
There’s only one dock with both an unknow ship and destination, so we put this in Dock III

At that point, there’s only one empty destination left to fill, We know that The Gathering Howls is a destination since that’s where we want to go, so it goes in Dock II

There’s now only one spot left, The Wet Biscuit is put in Dock VI.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not the way I solved it, but we were both successful. Awaiting clearance to re-enter the race track. Pretty sure I know what to do. And, because I was erroneously here before, and did some stuff, my inventory is stocked with the needed tools. Eagerly anticipating the next go ahead.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, with so many people at the check point, let’s continue forward shall we. Let’s solve the mystery of:

Toff Race Cave.

So please enter the cave and have fun. You have until next Monday to accomplish this.

Stop when you get to this point in the game:

Image Attachments

CCD11046-B126-45D3-8B39-71491804ABA0.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hurray! Weigh anchor, pirates!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Because I had entered the racetrack earlier, I had already made a few drinks. Watching the race you see that Habanero wins, Hobbling him was easy. When they race a second time, Fou wins. Figuring out how to slow him down was pretty straight forward. Cavendish was the only one left, and we knew that drinking scotch to him was like drinking water. Finding which drinks to mix was trial and error, but I got it on the second try. Getting the shirt was a bit more difficult. But, with limited options left in inventory, it boiled down to trying everything on everything. (Including items in various locations.)

I don’t think it was specifically stated, but I’m guessing this episode’s end point is when we board the ship. So that’s where I stopped, pending additional instructions.

Edit: Actually I missed the image AL posted, and boarded the ship. I saw a few cut scenes, but didn’t do anything.

Re-Edit: Surprised that no one commented on the bad puns I inserted in my description of my playing of this sequence.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5616

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nelly is ready to board.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds like we have many players ready to board, let’s play Part 2: Guttering Howls shall we. We’ll have some fun in the next part of the game.

As usual, please post what you do or don’t like about the game.

You have until Monday to arrive at the following screen:

Heart

Image Attachments

0BE1B7AF-D8A0-4FC2-8E17-D11DF5F21EA6.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am loving this game. And have been sorely tempted to stake out a block of time and just play it to the end. Reigning myself in to keep with the CPT spirit.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Adv_Lvr - 20 July 2021 10:10 PM

Sounds like we have many players ready to board, let’s play Part 2: Guttering Howls shall we. We’ll have some fun in the next part of the game.

As usual, please post what you do or don’t like about the game.

You have until Monday to arrive at the following screen:

Heart

Sorry but I see many locations from Groat Harbour. Could you be a little more specific about when or where should we stop?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sure, you need to stop at:

Groat Manor.

Groat Manor is the court of the islands and Judge Groat is the Supreme Judge. There we first meet Enid Frome, the Judges Secretary.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 20 July 2021 10:23 PM

I am loving this game. And have been sorely tempted to stake out a block of time and just play it to the end. Reigning myself in to keep with the CPT spirit.

I’m so glad you are loving the game. It’s quite good. Thank god for indies like this one, saved the hobby big time. Please stick it out and play it through with us. I will make the weekly plays very large so that we have lots of game to play each week.

Heart

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Adv_Lvr - 21 July 2021 06:20 AM

Sure, you need to stop at:

Groat Manor.

Groat Manor is the court of the islands and Judge Groat is the Supreme Judge. There we first meet Enid Frome, the Judges Secretary.

Heart

Thanks! I will stop when getting there, although it is hard to stop, because the game is so good Smile

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

I missed the chat about the Commodore’s ledger puzzle. It was originally a much harder logic puzzle - and one of the puzzles I was happiest with. But it caused a big bottleneck for testers. Until you solved it, you couldn’t really do anything else. It was the right puzzle in the wrong place, so we made it a bit easier.

When some players complain about the puzzles being easy, I always think, ‘Ah! You want the puzzles we cut out!’ Maybe we should have done a Megamonkey version…

Adv_Lvr has asked me via DM if there will be any more Nelly games. The answer, I’m afraid, is no. But you can play Unforeseen Incidents, Feria d’Arles and Mutropolis if you want to try other games I wrote for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top