• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Order 1886 review.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I decided to finally try this game after years of looking at it because I got it on sale for like 9 bucks. This game actually should be called order 1886 the potential that is wasted lol. First off let’s get the elephant of the room the graphics are some of the most stunning I’ve ever seen and they look as good as most AAA games made today. The musical score and the voice acting I think is also excellently done. Also there are some ingenious inventions and weapons, also the gun play actually feels somewhat satisfying.

But…

everything else is a huge downgrade, it’s one long qte event and the story is very basic even though the lore and world building is actually pretty great. There is so much more you could have done with this game, especially the boss fights, they are one long qte event. if you had full control they could have been scary, excellent, and enthralling, but what we did get was a very meh. The game is also very short not as short as some people said like four to five hours, but it is only a 7 to 8 Hour game and a lot of that is cut scenes. This game is a very impressive Tech demo, that maybe could have spawned a really cool sequel. especially if they would have put some puzzles and investigation in it. Because I really like what they did with “Jack the Ripper” and Nikola Tesla. So in closing I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price, but at nine dollars, I had enough fun with the order and I’m glad I experienced it. 6.5/10

now back to Beyond the Edge of owlsguard

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top