• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

The AG review is up with a glowing review.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/22916

They mentioned the same spoiler that I ran into on another review.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

This game.

I want it now.

But I’ll sadly have to wait for a sale or something. Stretched too thin from kickstarter, other games, etc. Plus I’m currently in a hardcore catch up mode to reduce my backlog.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-22

PM

Finished the game and loved it.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Just downloaded it. I’m very excited!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I just finished it and posted my thoughts on it in the “Last Finished Game” thread here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/34/P60/#13133.

I have a lot of respect for Frogwares, but I was a bit disappointed, story-wise.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Just finished it. I really enjoyed it. Not the best game of the year in my opinion, but certainly a very good game!!

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

I can’t wait til that price drops. $39.99 is way too steep for me for sure.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Is it just me or do the chemistry tests in the game not make sense at all? As far as I know, dropping liquids with the title of things like “aggressiveness” into a basin does not result in quickly disappearing colours which allow you to tell the composition of an unknown substance. But then I’m not Sherlock Holmes, the genius chemist-detective. Smile

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Terabin - 10 October 2012 11:51 PM

I can’t wait til that price drops. $39.99 is way too steep for me for sure.

Its 25% off on Steam during this weekend! While the entire Sherlock Holmes collection is 75% off, coming to $8.74 for 6 games. Sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn’t it?

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I have just now finished this awesome game and am beginning a replay so I can truly enjoy the incredible visuals this time.  Plus, I missed one “Honour” that I want to achieve….

I believe I have played all the previous SH games, but admittedly some were played many brain cells ago. I’m curious about the holes in the wall next to and above the table Holmes uses to analyze clues….they appear to be bullet holes, but I can’t remember how they got there, if indeed this was ever shown/explained.  Can someone please enlighten me while I go and fix a nice Bourbon on the rocks?

Thanks, and cheers!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

I’m only just starting the game, but in the books Sherlock shot the letters “VR” into the wall, in honor of Queen Victoria.

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

As shooting practice, Holmes adorned the wall of his Baker Street lodgings with “VR” (Victoria Regina) in bullet pocks made by his pistol.
Hush puppy cracked me up btw nice implement.

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks for the explanations! Was this target practice done in one of the games, or just in one of the ACD books?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thinking back on it, I have a couple of questions about some plot points in the game that I wonder if anyone had some answers to:

What is exactly that mysterious package Holmes leaves at the judge’s house? We know it’s not a bomb, as its Moriarty and the three anarchists who were behind the explosion, yet he still goes out of his way to leave it there in the most suspicious way possible. Is it to trick Watson into thinking he’s a criminal as part of his plan to make Moriarty believe he won and disgraced him?

And near the end of the game, when Watson finds Sherlock after he fakes his death, how does he know to search in the sewers? Was there a clue earlier on in the game that I don’t remember which would’ve led them down there?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

Mentioned in The Musgrave Ritual. Not sure if they were made during that story or just mentioned.
See here for good pictures/notes about what was mentioned in the stories.
How well does that match with what’s featured in the game? I didn’t know about that page when I played earlier games…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top