• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Pyoro-2

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The age of VR is starting

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-09-11

PM

Invisible hours is kind of puzzle-ish, well maybe it wasn’t. It’s been so long I can’t remember. If that game is on Quest I recommend it either way! I only briefly owned a Quest 2 and Resi 4 (totally not a puzzle game of course) was amazing.

I’ve been using PSVR2 and I think I actually prefered the Quest in some ways. Naturally PSVR2 has better graphics but I find it a bit of a hassle to set up, and I’ve been getting pain behind my eyes which never happened with Quest or PSVR1. I’m wondering why that is. One theory is it’s not my eyes but how tight the headset is on my head. I’ll try a bit less tight unless it’s something like boxing.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Origami - 26 December 2016 12:10 PM

I hoped VR wouldn’t blow up once it got released. Happy to see that it hasn’t turned out to be the case.

Called it back in 2016. Still holds.

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Roman5 - 11 October 2023 10:20 PM

There’s also another VR puzzle Adventure called ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’ which I’m considering. Any other VR puzzle adventures someone can recommend?

I received Quest 3 as well. Amazing jump from Quest 2 quality wise. It’s also much more comfortable (I’m using Elite Strap). Love it so far.

As for adventure games. You’re in luck, there’s lots of great ones on Quest.

You *must* play Red Matter 1 and 2. 2 is even better, longer and it received Quest 3 graphical upgrade that made it look like a game for PCVR or PSVR2. But I really recommend you to play the 1st one first. It looks and plays great as well and 2 is a direct continuation of the first game.

Shadow Point, Floor Plan 2 (Lucas Arts vibes) and MOSS 1&2 (more of a 3rd person Zelda-like adventures).

I’m just playing Shadowgate and like it so far.

As for other adventures I haven’t played yet: I Expect You to Die trilogy, Call of the Sea VR, Myst VR, The Secret of Retropolis, A Fishermn’s Tale 1&2, Virtual Virtual Reality, etc.

On top of that The 7th Guest VR remake just got released.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

If Disney wants to make something cool for a change, they could make a Remake of The Dig in VR.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Egon - 20 October 2023 06:19 AM
Roman5 - 11 October 2023 10:20 PM

There’s also another VR puzzle Adventure called ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’ which I’m considering. Any other VR puzzle adventures someone can recommend?

I received Quest 3 as well. Amazing jump from Quest 2 quality wise. It’s also much more comfortable (I’m using Elite Strap). Love it so far.

As for adventure games. You’re in luck, there’s lots of great ones on Quest.

You *must* play Red Matter 1 and 2. 2 is even better, longer and it received Quest 3 graphical upgrade that made it look like a game for PCVR or PSVR2. But I really recommend you to play the 1st one first. It looks and plays great as well and 2 is a direct continuation of the first game.

Shadow Point, Floor Plan 2 (Lucas Arts vibes) and MOSS 1&2 (more of a 3rd person Zelda-like adventures).

I’m just playing Shadowgate and like it so far.

As for other adventures I haven’t played yet: I Expect You to Die trilogy, Call of the Sea VR, Myst VR, The Secret of Retropolis, A Fishermn’s Tale 1&2, Virtual Virtual Reality, etc.

On top of that The 7th Guest VR remake just got released.

Thank you for listing those games. So many adventure puzzle games in VR, it’s excellent! Shadowgate, I Expect You To Die Trilogy, Fisherman’s Tale, Call Of The Sea, 7th Guest all appeal to me, plus Down the Rabbit Hole. Moss looks fantastic as well!  Also, there’s ‘Sam & Max: This Time It’s Virtual’. I don’t know if it’s a remake of the first Sam and Max game or a new adventure.

I just finished Red Matter 2 and yes, just awesome. I was sad when it finished. I didn’t play Red Matter 1. I’m a little way into ‘The Room VR A Dark Matter’ and it’s really great. I’ve installed an app called Quest Games Optimiser (costs about $10) and I’m able to increase the resolution of games, so The Room is much sharper now as I’ve doubled the default resolution. I highly recommend it if you use your Quest 3 a lot. I’m also playing a game called Republique VR which is pretty good and it’s free.

By the way, I just got the BoboVR M3 Pro battery headstrap. if you want even more comfort than the Elite strap, I highly recommend it. I get no facial pressure from it and can play for hours without any discomfort. It’s a halo style strap so it fits more like a helmet and kind of floats in front of your face. It’s the best strap for non action games and for adventure puzzlers like us.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Yes, The Room VR was my favourite adventure on Quest until Red Matter 2 (can’t believe I forgot to list it in my post above).

I’m just playing The 7th Guest and absolutely love it! Even better than the original. If you like The Room VR, you’ll gonna love this one too. Similar type of puzzles (all very different and clever), not quite as polished interactions as in The Room VR, but that’s compensated by the more non-linear gameplay, as you can tackle rooms in different order. It gives to the feeling of exploring the house. Really, really recommend it.

Sadly the Sam and Max game isn’t really an adventure game. It’s more a collection of mini games (some are quite fun though).

Also, thanks for the recommendation, I have Republique VR in my library but haven’t played it yet.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Sam & Max is fun because it’s Sam & Max. You won’t get this humor anywhere else. The game consists of story & puzzle and action parts. The puzzle parts are fine, the action parts vary, some are good, some are meh. Overall I was happy with the game. A successor would be gigantic.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Yeah I might get Sam & Max at some point but there’s mixed reviews on it and at the moment I’ve plenty of other games to play anyway. Definitely looking forward to playing 7th Guest. Pity there wasn’t a black Friday discount for it but I did find a 25% off referral code so that helps.

I’ve just bought Moss 1 and 2 with 40% black Friday discount. I tried the 30 minute demo before buying. A very cute puzzle platformer. Looking forward to getting into it Laughing

Yes, Republique VR is not bad at all. I wouldn’t say it’s the most addictive to play and I put it on hold while playing other games. But it’s one of those that’s nice to keep coming back to in between other games.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

For some reason, I enjoy being a rabbit, but I refuse to be a mouse. And the third-person perspective is a waste of VR’s potential. I can recommend Floor Plan and Floor Plan 2 for adventure gamers.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Jonathan Blow starting to develop a VR game is pretty good news. He cares about good design, tech & stuff. Maybe there will be further dev-videos. Upcoming projects: Braid - Anniversary Edition, Blow’s Sokoban, Jai and the VR game. Nice.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just playing Asgard’s Wrath 2 on Quest 3 and I must say this is probably one of my favourite gaming experiences I had so far. Up there with Resident Evil 8 on PSVR2.

The scope of the game is just nuts. A true open world game, beautiful graphics (seriously, how can this run on standalone Quest?), fantastic gameplay… I just keep saying “wow” as I’m reaching new set pieces. Kind of reminds me on Zelda games.
I guess all those glowing reviews (10/10 from IGN, for example) were right. It’s a masterpiece.

And I’m not even a fan of RPG games on flat screen.

That’s what VR is all about.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

It’s a good example of what’s wrong with VR and games.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

jsfx - 06 January 2024 06:58 AM

It’s a good example of what’s wrong with VR and games.

Thanks for your well thought out & in-depth opinion.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

You’re welcome. Others might have been less appreciative of evaluations, gained from years of experience and reflection.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top