• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #82: The Dream Machine

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie,
I can answer your question about the screens now.  Each one produces the same number for a particular shaded corner, but this does change each time you play the game.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

We just finished Chapter 3. Preeeeeetty creeeeeeepy - mostly the room of dead Victors near the end.

We were both glad that we did not have to be taking notes to accuse a Victor. It was a lot of text to remember! The puzzles were enjoyable in this section and wow! quite a few inventory items.

The Sun Deck had some great details on it in terms of the materials. Were those popsicle sticks for the Sun Deck chairs? The umbrellas looked like cocktail umbrellas Smile. Generally, we both liked the artwork, even despite the small number of screens. Not much character variety as Victors were Victor!

I have a feeling since sometime in Chapter 2 that we will, in one of the future chapters, enter our unborn child’s dream. But, not really sure and not requesting a spoiler (as we know some people have played this before and know already)! Just logging our guess Cool.

The music in this chapter was a bit droning. Nothing really challenged us for too long. 

Looking forward to the next chapter. We both enjoyed the previous Chapter more, perhaps just lacking some variety in this one.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I agree that this chapter has a significant creep factor, Iron Cretin.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

I am not finished with chapter2 yet and you guys already started chapter3, I remember we had until today for chapter2, was there a change in the schedule?

A1

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 April 2024 06:39 PM

I agree that this chapter has a significant creep factor, Iron Cretin.

Creepy? I nominate Victor for thinking it’s a good thing to secretly observe what his wife is dreaming! (But then what would be the point of the game?)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

luckyloser - 06 April 2024 11:38 AM

I am not finished with chapter2 yet and you guys already started chapter3, I remember we had until today for chapter2, was there a change in the schedule?

I just looked, LL, and the mix-up is entirely my fault.  I put Wed., April 6 instead of April 3 for us to finish chapter 2.  I must have been looking at the March calendar by mistake.  Sorry for the confusion!  I’ll go back and change the date now. 

The goal is to finish chapter 3 by Wed., April 10.  Let me know if you need more time.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yesterday I finished Chapter 2 and I intend to play Chapter 3 tonight. I will write more after that, but man, what a Chapter 2: brilliant way to introduce us in the real game.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

Thanks, LadyK, and sorry for any inconvenience, I just can’t find the time to be on pace, I will try to catch on tonight

A1

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Chapter 2, finally!

I’m lagging, but I didn’t have much time to play. Thank you for giving me hints about the circuit puzzle! I finally solved it, although it was a bit accidental even though I knew what I was supposed to do. Isn’t it great that your wife is also a hint system in this game? It’s like UHS hints: the first time you speak with her, you get a little nudge, and then the second time she tells you to take resistors into consideration!

I really like the atmosphere and the way the game is unfolding like a classic thriller movie - no bullsh…, just straight action and mystery from the start. In that way, it reminds me of a classic movie, Frantic. The puzzles are logical so far. I wished for more variety in music, so occasionally I’m switching the game music on and off while playing the selected “soundtrack” from YouTube. For the apartment 1st Chapter, it seemed appropriate to play Fool’s Garden Lemon Tree. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Finished chapter 3. I really liked this one. Its a lot more difficult than previous chapter but there are few screens to work with so that limits your options a little. Anyway i had some problems with some of the puzzles but managed to finish the chapter without seeking help and felt pretty satisfying in the end.

I will agree that the game is quite creepy and i like it. Also trying to combine some items for the puzzles i found out that there is a variety of comments about that, which shows there has been a great effort from the developer.

Ready to move on. I enjoyed this chapter a lot.

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

diego - 07 April 2024 09:05 AM

it great that your wife is also a hint system in this game? It’s like UHS hints: the first time you speak with her, you get a little nudge, and then the second time she tells you to take resistors into consideration!

you can shut your wife up at options, btw, isn’t that just great

A1

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I wasn’t able to finish Chapter 3 last night, longer than I expected (bloody Bloody Mary…)

I expect to finish it tonight.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

RL gets in the way. And tomorrow is going to be spent at the CPA’s office. Tuesday AM is out for a Dr’s appt. which leaves Tuesday night, and from what I’ve heard, it’s not a short chapter. So basically this is a notification that I’ll catch up when I can.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

A bit late to the party, but I plan to install the game and start playing tonight. Smile
Have a lot of catching up to do!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, this game took a dramatic turn from Hitchcock to a full-fledged David Lynch movie in the second chapter!

luckyloser - 07 April 2024 01:07 PM

you can shut your wife up at options, btw, isn’t that just great

Thanks for the heads up, when I was in the options screen I failed to notice you can scroll it down, as there’re plenty of interesting stuff in the options (turned on hotspot indicator, but I’m not using it unless I have to - I’m aiming for a Sierra-esque experience. Also, I’m not recommending AI voice-over, only for fun!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top