• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 81: The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ok, Episode 3 finished. First, my choices…

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? Of course not, to respect Lily and because we love Snow, right?
2. What place did you investigate first? I chose Dee’s office, thought I could get more info there.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? Nope, as I didn’t had the chance of going to Crane’s apartment.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? Yes, he helped… in the end.
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? No, one must respect ancestral trees.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? Yes, I am sick of being a good guy. They tried to killed us twice, he deserved no mercy, I didn’t care if that means Bigby has no future with Snow. Besides, with Bigby turned into wolf, it makes sense he cannot reason.

Boy, what an ending. My favourite part so far. So… Who is this Bloody Mary? And who is The Crooked Man? I know it is a cliché, but the plot thickens…

Probably more to say tomorrow, now I am too tired.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Finished the 3rd chapter. My choices:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? Me and 19.3% decided to interrupt the eulogy. Somehow i thought that it was urgent to warn snow that someone is after her.
2. What place did you investigate first? Me and 39.8% investigated crane’s apartment first. I thought was a good idea to go first at crane’s house because i was afraid that if blubeard got there first he would probably kill him if he found him there.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? Me and 70.7% decided to make a deal. I felt sorry for him and didn’t think it was a big matter what he did.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? What flycatcher? I don’t have that choice in my game
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? Me and 79.5% did not burn the tree. Ye it seemed kinda overkill to do that especially after greenleaf had already talked.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? Me and 44.2% killed him. I’ m surprised i’ m the minority on this choice. The guy had already shot in front of me Holly. He shot me many times and he would keep shooting me if not stopped. If i had spared his life he would probably attempt to shoot me again. Killing him is self defense. Also it is crazy how i’ m supposed to be the monster because of that.

Anyway this was the best chapter so far story wise. One thing that annoys me a little is making choices without context. I make a choice and somehow Bigby says the line completely angry. If i knew he was gonna be angry i would choose something else. I guess it adds to replay ability so you discover the reactions with the other choices.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Here are my answers:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? Uh, yes! Not intentionally, but it was a side effect from going to see Snow.
2. What place did you investigate first? I would have preferred to go to Crane’s apartment. But seeing that the walkthrough I’m using thought that the Tweedle offices should be investigated first. that’s where I went.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? Who’s Jack? Jack be nimble? Jack who jumped over the candlestick? Jack of Beanstalk fame? Anyway, I haven’t met Jack yet and thus couldn’t possibly have offered him a deal.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? Of course.
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? No.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? Of course I did. He tried to kill me twice. And he did a number on several other at the funeral. Low life deserved to die.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

I will not be able to finish this episode until sometime this weekend. Look forward to reading your posts!

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Will also try to find the time to play episode 3 this weekend. This week has been all work and no play…

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, i’ll post the start of Episode 4 at some point later in the weekend.

In terms of my choices…:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? Nope, these people have suffered enough.
2. What place did you investigate first? Crane’s Apartment. He was the number one priority/suspect at the time.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? I did, he could prove useful (although I can’t actually remember if he does!)
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? You’ve got to really haven’t you?
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? I was torn on this one, but basically Snow’s attitude convinced me not to do it.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? I did. More on this below

We’ve met a variety of characters in the game so far, some of them apparently good people really struggling to get by, others might be pretty despicable people, but none of them wind me up like bloody Mary. I can’t tell if this is just something in me, or if it is just the way she is written. Picking on little girls at sleepovers, what a cowardly thing to do.

I like the way they introduce her at a time where Bigby is just beginning to show more of his full strength and I think it’s really the ‘unfairness’ of the way she takes Bigby out that really gets to me.

Anyway, the fact that I killed Tweedle Dum has much more to do with her effect on me than his.

What did you all think of her?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

When she was approaching with the axe, she kind of reminded me to Negan in Walking Dead. She really gave me the creeps…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Finished episide 3 last night. Another rather short one.

My choices:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? I didn’t. Wonder if that was part of us arriving a few minutes late to the witch’s apartment?
2. What place did you investigate first? The Trip Trap bar, to search for clues among the personal belongings of Holly’s dead sister. Figured that was the best bet to quickly find out who “the witch” was.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? Who’s Jack? Didn’t encounter this option.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? I didn’t, together with 3 percent of other players… Can’t remember anything significant around this choice and I think I found all I needed at the twins place, so.
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? No. It didn’t feel right to do so. Nothing so far suggests that the illegal glamour thing has anything to do with the main investigation.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? I didn’t. I draw the line at ripping my opponents’ arms off.Smile

Enjoyed this chapter too and looking forward to continuing the story. Can’t say the game has really drawn me in though. I enjoy the investigative (if that’s a word) parts the most. The rest of the parts where there is gameplay involved (dialogs/QTE:s) are a bit hit or miss. They sometimes borderline get in the way of the story for me.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My choices in episode 3:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? No, I talked to Lawrence. Wanted to show him Faith’s note we found on the donkeyskin coat, but the game didn’t let me.
2. What place did you investigate first? The Twins’ Office. And then to Crane’s place bc I didn’t remember what happens when you let Bluebeard go there first.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? He wasn’t there anymore, which makes sense. Who wouldn’t run when they saw Bluebeard coming. But what Bluebeard did does not make sense to me.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? Sort of, told him to ask Snow.
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? No. I’m surprised Snow insisted. She may be a stickler for rules but she has a heart.
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? No. I don’t want Bigby to turn into the Big Bad Wolf again.

About that scary woman: It really got to me when Bloody Mary breaks Bigby’s arm. Totally unnecessary, he was already at her mercy. Lots of fights and violence in the game but this was sadistic.

About the mirror: After all the fuss over the missing shard they should have asked Crane about it at the Pudding and Pie.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, we’re not far off being all caught up, so I’m going to kick off…

Episode 3 ended with a definite new direction for us to follow in the shape of The Crooked Man, although we have little more than a hand seen through a window and experiences with some of this mysterious guy’s ‘associates’ to guide us at the moment.

Also Bigby is in far from perfect shape from the ‘experiences’. Episode 4 will give us a chance to regroup, focus, and chase down some serious leads.

I was in two minds whether or not to run Episodes 4 & 5 together, but on balance I think it’s best for the CPT that people feed back in/confirm choices for Ep 4 first. If anyone is desperate to go on to Ep 5 before the deadline then so be it, fair play to you, but please do check in after Ep 4 first! Smile

So, we will end Episode 4/ Begin Episode 5 on Sunday 18 February

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

Whew, I just caught up!

A lot of similar choices between us all this time.

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy? No, and I was sad to hear that Crane dumped the body.
2. What place did you investigate first? Crane’s apartment. I needed something from it to finish my Book of Fables entries. Cannot remember where I went first, last time.
3. Did you make a deal with Jack? No. I didn’t hit him, but also got what I needed without making the deal. Kind of surprised that he told the truth.
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job? Hell yeah!
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree? So, initially yes for the Fable entry, but this one got the better of me and I had to rewind and NOT burn it. So, I didn’t burn it. Actually, didn’t even see the reaction to burning it. 
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum? Yes, because I am so sick of him shooting and intimidating people. Clearly he has no capacity for guilt or remorse, so it doesn’t seem worthwhile to try. That said, I don’t think I would have done so had he not repeatedly shot Bigby (including in the back). This seems to fall somewhere vaguely under self-defense?

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

After getting a little behind I’ve just completed Chapter 2 & was surprised at how much I’d forgotten from my original playthrough.
It did cross my mind to start with that Bigby may have been dreaming until the situation became clearer & it was a relief to see Snow alive.

There didn’t seem to be that much to do in this chapter but the aspect of the story assuming the sale of dodgy glamour I found intriguing.
I did enjoy choosing responses from the various dialogue options & a leisurely if limited exploration of the locations which I found relaxing. Especially as I managed to avoid most of the potential conflicts

I noticed in the Trip Trap bar that Gren was portrayed with just one arm so it was ‘good’ to see the consequence of it being ripped off in the last chapter & one of the details I find amusing is that Bigby smokes Huff & Puff cigarettes.

My choices:
1. I ignored Crane about Snow’s death
2. I forced the murder suspect to talk. I think I had to hit him once. (Tweedledee)
3. I allowed Snow to make her own decision & come to the Trip Trap club
4. I didn’t hit Georgie – I didn’t think being unlikeable was a good enough reason
5. I didn’t keep punching Beast when he was down. I didn’t really want to fight him

I’m hoping to catch up & have played the next 2 chapters by some time tomorrow.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t wait so I’ve now just about caught up having got to the end of chapter 3!
This time I didn’t find the recap of the previous chapter necessary but I think the recaps are a nice idea if you have a break between playing chapters.

Again, I had very little recollection of events from my first playthrough of the game.
This time, I don’t know if anyone else felt the same sense of unease I had being in & looking around Aunty Greenleaf’s place as I’d guessed that the little girl wasn’t as she seemed. It did cross my mind that if she wasn’t AG she could have been Crane masked by a dodgy glamour!

The scene in the alley was obviously very nasty & it didn’t seem to matter how I retaliated.
I had up until then tried to play nice & avoid conflict.

My Choices:
1. Yes, I interrupted Snow’s eulogy as it seemed urgent to warn her.
2. I investigated the Trip Trap Bar first as it seemed important to find clues to locate the witch amongst Lily’s things.
3. I didn’t meet Jack
4. I referred Flycatcher to Snow for a possible job offer
5. I didn’t burn Greenleaf’s tree/
6. I didn’t kill Tweedledum

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

As yet, nobody has told me who Jack is. I just started Episode 4, and I think it might be Beast, of Beauty and the Beast’s given name. I also ran into some gut with a blonde pony tail, that kind of looks familiar, that could also be Jack. But really I don’t have a clue who Jack is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

Yes, Jack (Horner) is the guy with a blonde pony tail.

https://fables.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_Horner_(Video_Game)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top