• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Legend of Skye - Out now!!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Hello!

A few years ago I published here my first adventure game called “The Castle”. It was inspired by Maniac Mansion.

Now I want to announce my second project that I’m still working on. It’s a new adventure called “The Legend of Skye.”

It will be a classic point & click adventure, with the 9 verb system, inventory and lots of humorous dialogues.

It will be available soon on Steam, GOG and itch.io!

Wishlists are highly appreciated!
Steam
GOG
itch.io

I pass you the official website so you can take a look: Point & Pixel Adventures

All the best.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

You wear your influences on your sleeve!

It’s got a nice style to it, i’m looking forward to see how this will turn out. Good luck on your project!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I played The Castle! It was *really* hard, but very fun. I spent enough time with it to get a couple of endings before moving onto something else. Absolutely crazy game that is worth checking out for all Maniac Mansion fans.

This new game looks right up my alley. Seems like the story progression will be a little more linear, rather than almost open-world ala The Castle and Maniac Mansion, which is a plus for me. Very much looking forward to The Legend of Skye!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

You are right that The Castle is a really hard game. This is one of the things I want to fix for the new adventure game.

And yes, it will indeed be much more linear than The Castle. It will have a different, more classic gameplay.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

difficult isn’t necessarily bad!

are you doing doing all the art, coding and writing in two languages by yourself?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 12 February 2023 12:29 AM

are you doing doing all the art, coding and writing in two languages by yourself?

I could have sworn VGP’s original post was much longer.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

I know. The game won’t be easy, but I also want most players to be able to get through it without looking at the guide. The Castle had some near-impossible endings.

The art and coding, yes. Also the writing in my native language, Spanish. I will look for translators for the English version, and possibly also for the Italian, German and French versions.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

that’s awesome.

English isn’t my first language, but if you’re looking for a translator: my grasp is decent enough.

Could even throw in a Dutch translation if you like. Wink

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

If Dutch is your first language, maybe it would be nice to add that translation to the game. In any case, there is still work to add the translations. When the time comes I’ll let you know!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

sure! Smile

good luck!

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

The Legend of Skye demo has been available for a few days now!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2314850/The_Legend_of_Skye/

I would be very grateful if you could try it and give me your opinion. If you like it, don’t forget to add the game to your wishlist!

If there is no delay, I hope to release the game this spring on Steam, GOG and itch.io.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I don’t like playing demos, but don’t worry—soon as the game comes out, I will buy it. Looking forward to it, and hope you can release it in time for spring.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Thank you! The truth is that I’m also one of those who usually play the finished game, without trying demos first. But I know that many players will want to try it beforehand.

You are going to find a classic adventure game, as you may have already guessed from the screenshots. It is not short, and in a good part of the game it is not linear at all, that is, you can visit many areas of the game at the same time.

I will almost certainly be able to release it in spring.

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

I just wanted to share a recent gameplay that I’ve released. It’s a 38-minute walkthrough of the demo!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2019-08-19

PM

Is there any guide to get all the achievements? I’m missing one and I don’t know how to get it.

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

For now, as far as I know, there is no guide showing all the achievements. PM me if you want!

Just launched yesterday and I wanted to share the first reviews from Das klappt so nicht, agoty awards, and oneupnerd:

https://www-dasklapptsonicht-de.translate.goog/the-legend-of-skye/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

https://oneupnerd.com/the-legend-of-skye-review/

https://agotyawards.com/2024/03/31/the-legend-of-skye/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top