• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

walas74 - 21 May 2021 01:36 AM

I am about to quit, it is impossible for me to beat the QTE at the bank with my laptop, I am supossed to use both hands, one with WASD and the other with arrow keys, and I am playing easy mode, I can’t imagine how it will be playing hard. I am too angry right now so I’ll give it another try tomorrow, but if I can’t get passed it, either someone sends me a savegame after the bank QTE or I quit.

Can’t you reprogram the keys to something that works better when you don’t have a numeric keypad?

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Pegbiter - 21 May 2021 01:56 AM
walas74 - 21 May 2021 01:36 AM

I am about to quit, it is impossible for me to beat the QTE at the bank with my laptop, I am supossed to use both hands, one with WASD and the other with arrow keys, and I am playing easy mode, I can’t imagine how it will be playing hard. I am too angry right now so I’ll give it another try tomorrow, but if I can’t get passed it, either someone sends me a savegame after the bank QTE or I quit.

Can’t you reprogram the keys to something that works better when you don’t have a numeric keypad?

It would be the same finger’s position. The point is some games are intended to be played with a control, or maybe I am too clumsy, that’s why I never had a Xbox nor a Playstation, I am not a console player.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I wonder why the remastered version didn’t provide an option to turn off the button smashing altogether. It seems like a missed opportunity.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Just finished the gym part. It took me 1 hour and 15min to play those 6 chapters a lot less than previous section.

I dont like the fact that the qte are becoming so often and tbh they kind of interfering with story. Mortuary qte had no reason at all to exist and basically i barely managed to pay any attention to what was happening because i was just watching the screen for next prompt that lasts for half milisecond.

After playing the guitar for some time i managed to be better at my coordination viewing the screen and pressing the prompts. Its a good practice if you struggle with qte.

I did first chapter first try even though i failed some of the prompts. Again the whole chapter felt wasted because i didnt pay any attention to anything else than the prompts.

Hide and seek section took some retries but luckily i did understand fast what i was supposed to do. Its just the controls and the camera make it awkward to do anything fast.

I think this game has some identity problems. Its a hybrid of action and adventure game but it seems the designer thought that gameplay should be about pressing buttons like guitar hero games.

On the bright side i like the fact that game seems pretty open on your choices. I finished the chapters without worrying if i forgot anything or if i made a bad choice. That adds a layer of realism that you feel you can play the game with different ways and its still ok. Then you get to collect some bonus cards and realism goes away lol.

Story didnt really evolve with those chapters but got some good info (Lucas past and his ability to see the future and also the accident that happened to his parents)

Maybe we could do a little more next week if everyone has time. But then i play on easy and dont really spend time with those qte sections. Those should be really hard for people who play on normal or hard. Btw easy on this game is close to normal or even hard compared to other games. I certainly have played games on normal way easier than the easy setting of this.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Nico2021 - 22 May 2021 12:13 PM

Maybe we could do a little more next week if everyone has time.

I was considering that possibility. While there are currently only two people including you who have reported finishing this part, I think we could either increase the number of chapters or decrease the time to complete them. Maybe until Monday? Instead of waiting until the middle of the week. 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete everything is too little game time. Make it a bit more agile. I would like to know what others think.

@walas Qué paso al final? Did you make it through the QTE?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Keep it the way it is, weekly goals. If you want more chapters per week, knock yourself out. Once again, I am at the checkpoint. And no, I didn’t complete this weeks assignments in an hour either. Many QTEs took several tries on easy more to complete.

The company that put this game out has improved their QTEs in later releases and Detroit: Became Human is one of my favorite games of all rime.

I actually found some of the QTEs to be quite fun, but very challenging, even on easy mode.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Finished the section in one quite short sitting. A bit of trial & error required to sneak past the guards to enter the hangar but the rest went quite smoothly, including the QTE heavy scene at Lucas’ workplace. And this time I got the sex scene! Cringe!

I dont like the fact that the qte are becoming so often and tbh they kind of interfering with story. Mortuary qte had no reason at all to exist and basically i barely managed to pay any attention to what was happening because i was just watching the screen for next prompt that lasts for half milisecond.

Can’t understand how David Cage thought it a good idea to take the player’s attention away from cutscene dialog by throwing in quite hard QTE:s. Why would Carla’s deductions depend on the player’s reflexes? IIRC there are more and even more frustrating examples of this coming up later.

These short sessions with several days between don’t work very well for me with this game. It’s a bit like watching five or six scenes of a movie at a time and then wait a week before continuing. If I feel the same way after playing the next section I may just go ahead and play it through at my own pace and then possibly take part in the discussion when the CPT is over. Not at all meant as criticism towards Tenebra or anyone else of course.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Tenebra - 22 May 2021 05:04 PM

Maybe we could do a little more next week if everyone has time.

I was considering that possibility. While there are currently only two people including you who have reported finishing this part, I think we could either increase the number of chapters or decrease the time to complete them. Maybe until Monday? Instead of waiting until the middle of the week. 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete everything is too little game time. Make it a bit more agile. I would like to know what others think.

@walas Qué paso al final? Did you make it through the QTE?

I will try again tonight, I’ll let you know if I succeed…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I made it! I made it! I wrote down the actions to perform, then memorized them and although it was very stressful I finished “Alternate Reality” chapter and I can carry on (I just hope Hide & Seek won’t cost me so much…)

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Congratulations. For me, I would have not spent that much time and effort trying to overcome a QTE puzzle. You are a better man than me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 23 May 2021 09:31 PM

Congratulations. For me, I would have not spent that much time and effort trying to overcome a QTE puzzle. You are a better man than me.

It is not a matter of being a better man, I am Aries and from Madrid so I can’t stand be beaten hahaha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ok, I finished the gym chapter, so I am ready for more. I will add my comments tomorrow.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-05-24

PM

Adv_Lvr - 17 May 2021 06:45 PM
Adv_Lvr - 13 May 2021 08:01 PM

My feelings about QTEs in straight adventures is not mixed. I don’t like them, and don’t feel they belong in a regular adventure. If the story is good enough to carry the game without them, you should have the option to turn them off.

Now I never played Fahrenheit. So I don’t know whether the story is good enough.

Ok, I am now at the checkpoint, whew, that took some major work to get to. I saved the boy and got the sex scene.

The QTEs in many adventure games just plain suck. I put up with them for an interesting story. This game does indeed have that. And yes, the game was originally a console game - so it works best with a controller.

You PC gamers do have some options, try to find a save game past the point where you are stuck. Also look for any cheats for the game that would make it easier to play and lastly, refer to a walkthrough as needed.

Heart

Well, I’m ready for more, hopefully all of us will get to start the second part of our adventure soon. So, tomorrow when it’s time to have the first part of this game finished, I’m ready for more challenge.

Heart

Hard as I’ve tried, I’ve been unable to find save games for Indigo Prophecy.  I can find them for the game 100% completed, but nothing for various stages in the game.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hard as I’ve tried, I’ve been unable to find save games for Indigo Prophecy.  I can find them for the game 100% completed, but nothing for various stages in the game.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Well, I guess in Steam yo have the profile in Saves folder, a .dat file and a .idx file, that should work as a savegame as you can replay the chapters.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I must say I don’t understand certain QTEs. Really, for an autopsy? First of all, it’s almost impossible to achieve the QTE, and second, you miss everything the corones is saying. What’s the point of that?

About the flashback, I liked it more, it’s not about pressing keys but being stealthy. I had to replay the chapter several times to locate the boys and save them, don’t know if that has influence in the game, but I couldn’t help it.

About the gym chapter, I got more hits pressing keys randomly than trying to follow the QTE. I lost anyway, but it was funnier haha

Tenebra, if you want to add more chapters or reduce the window of playing, I am ok with that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top